Official Watchmen Thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Imagine being this obsessed about someone else's (a fictional someone else at that) sexuality:snoop:

Of all the amazing things Will has accomplished in his life, 5 seconds of showing him being more Hamptons than Harlem is your biggest takeaway? Who gives a fukk?:gucci:He's shown himself to be strong, both mentally and physically. He's determined and has a strong moral code. On top of that, he's clearly very intelligent. He was able to discover the Cyclops' plans and then re-engineer their tech into a mind control flashlight to get racists to kill themselves:blessed:
"But he fukked a dude in the butt:scust:"

Grow up:mjlol:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Will masking up and fighting the KKK doesn't require a character flaw. It's the naivety of joining a group of people you inspired who don't know that you're black, and worse, may not help you if they were to find out that you are black. In what world would you assume that just because they are fighting crime that it means that they would fight the Klan. Will has enough personal history to not only strongly question it, but to avoid it altogether. This where Captain Metropolis exploits Will's character flaw...a combination of his closet homosexuality being held in for years and a desire to believe that he would find like-minded justice seekers who wouldn't treat him differently. Will's closet life is such a mystery even to himself that he can't even discuss it with his partner post-coitus. "How did you know? How did you know I was Hooded Justice (gay)?" "When I saw you, I just knew."

As far as Hooded Justice being gay in the comics, I don't think they have to show that he's gay for him to be gay. It wasn't just implied... It was HEAVILY implied. The original implication was probably Alan Moore's own viewpoint (which is consistently put on display both in the comics and this show) that to dress up in costume and fight crime, you either have to have some sort of sexual fixation, haunted past, strong altruistic been in justice, or a combination of the above. I take it to be true based on HJ's interaction with The Comedian. The Comedian basically accuses Hooded Justice of getting off on violent acts against men as a means to say he's a homosexual. Hooded Justice clearly picks up on The Comedians meaning because he completely stops attacking him. If it were just an accusation of getting off on violence, HJ would've kept going. It's the implied call-out of his being a homosexual that throws and stops him. The Comedian on the way out then basically says to HJ that he knows his secret and the jokes eventually gonna be on him. The only way that scenario works in the comics book is of Hooded Justice is gay. The context throughout the whole book basically lays the stage for a Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis secret relationship.

It's HEAVILY implied
Again, implied; not proven.
Whether it's HEAVY or subtle, implication is just implication.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The show also has him being white, so I thought that the gay shyt was hyperbole for TV

At least he was a top :dame::hubie:

All the heroes were inspired by him and without anyone knowing he wasn't white of course they are just going to assume he was, plus I doubt they would be even having this show on air if it was revealed that he was Will Reeves former cop gunning down klansman

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Ok im.looking at the table.scene now.
Homie puts his hand on Cap metros before taking the card.
Wifey looks at him and says...

"NO!"

ok. I see i guess.
But up until this point was there any signs of him being gay?
Depends on what you're looking for:

Flamboyant mannerisms
Him dressing up in drag
Him getting erect after being beat on by men

You guys are in a bubble. OFTEN you can find gay men who don't give off "signs" to being gay. That's because at the end of the day being gay only really matters at home. If you need a real sign, think about how weird his relationship is with his wife throughout the whole episode. Contrast it with Angela's relationship with her husband.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Imagine being this obsessed about someone else's (a fictional someone else at that) sexuality:snoop:

Of all the amazing things Will has accomplished in his life, 5 seconds of showing him being more Hamptons than Harlem is your biggest takeaway? Who gives a fukk?:gucci:He's shown himself to be strong, both mentally and physically. He's determined and has a strong moral code. On top of that, he's clearly very intelligent. He was able to discover the Cyclops' plans and then re-engineer their tech into a mind control flashlight to get racists to kill themselves:blessed:
"But he fukked a dude in the butt:scust:"

Grow up:mjlol:

You're right but when I asked the same question in earlier pages it just continues to go back to the 30 seconds of him being gay... these dudes ain't gonna be able to get past that fact no matter what Will accomplished in life. Him being a closet fakkit has him canceled no matter anything else you just talked about.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I agree that it was shoe horned in, but I don't think there was a way to perfectly sell Will as Hooded Justice and preserve continuity from the comics. Remember we're getting 10 years of untold history in 45 minutes. Building up Will being gay and why he would fukk a white man isn't as important as building the groundwork for the major storyline that if this flashback is building up. If I had to say why will have sex with a white man, I would just assume that this was the first time he was ever propositioned by a man. We have no evidence to assume that he had any partners before that, and that he would ignore race when he has a chance at being his quote true self unquote.
Since Hooded Justice was never proven to be gay in the graphic novel (I'm not talking about any HEAVY speculation), then the scene should've been omitted from the HBO show, unless the point was simply shock value.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Since Hooded Justice was never proven to be gay in the graphic novel (I'm not talking about any HEAVY speculation), then the scene should've been omitted from the HBO show, unless the point was simply shock value.

How do you propose Will and June to split and them head back to Tulsa and he go away from the story?

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
How do you propose Will and June to split and them head back to Tulsa and he go away from the story?
There are a million different ways to write a wife leaving her husband. Here are 3 quick ones, just off the top of my head:
1. His vigilante work gives him ptsd which causes Will to alienate and withdraw from his family.
2. Will could've cheated on his wife with another woman.
3. Will could've started becoming dangerous & violent at home, and June could've fled with their son.
I came up with those in a few minutes. The team of people who write the show could've done even more.

Last edited:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I don't understand what your point is. Not everything needs to be spelled out in black and white for us to know it's true.

Hooded Justice
Watchmen Sally Jupiter Scrapbook Clippings Summary | Course Hero
There's another fandom page that mention's Hidden Justice's German heritage, but doesn't mention homosexuality. Fandom is like Wikipedia, and can be edited by anybody. As such, I think we should stick to the source material; and in the graphic novel, there is nothing conclusive that says that Hidden Justice is gay.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I
Of all the amazing things Will has accomplished in his life, 5 seconds of showing him being more Hamptons than Harlem is your biggest takeaway? Who gives a fukk?:gucci:He's shown himself to be strong, both mentally and physically. He's determined and has a strong moral code. On top of that, he's clearly very intelligent. He was able to discover the Cyclops' plans and then re-engineer their tech into a mind control flashlight to get racists to kill themselves

There is nothing strong about his character anymore. He is a scumbag and traitor. He Had a beautiful black wife who held him down when racist cacs tries to kill him. And not only does he cheat on her, he does it with a white man and destroys his black family.. There is no honor in that. He represents one of the most reprehensible and vile characterizations of black men with the down low aids spreading culture.

Hollywood keeps trying to push this narrative that everyone is gay. You don't just casually insert a gay narrative into a story like this. They are tackling some serious subject matter that deserves more respect and tact. It's an insult to my intelligence that character who been assualted and traumatized by racist cacs his whole life would be sexually lusting after them when he got a black family that needs him. This is no different than that c00n slave play that was on Broadway.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
You don't just casually insert a gay narrative into a story like this. They are tackling some serious subject matter that deserves more respect and tact.
basically.
but nah.
he killed some whiteboys we should be happy and ignore that bullshyt.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
There are a million different ways to write a wife leaving her husband. Here are 3 quick ones, just off the top of my head:
1. His vigilante work gives him ptsd which causes Will to alienate and withdraw from his family.
2. Will could've cheated on his wife with another woman.
3. Will could've started becoming dangerous & violent at home, and June could've fleed with their son.
I came up with those in a few minutes. The team of people who write the show could've done even more.

That's a far worse image of a Black man to portray than him being gay breh. :francis:

I'm fed up with this 2 for 1 special on inclusivity shyt but we don't need to further those stereotypes neither.