Official Watchmen Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'll admit being disapointed by it as well, but it didn't derail the show for me.

Omar from The Wire is revered here...yet :hubie:

Hold up.. Will is the main protagonist now? according to the coli? He's never been the main protagonist. The main protagonist is Angela. This was a character episode like Looking Glass.

Angela is the main character.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What purpose did that angle serve???.

His wife left him... she went back to Tulsa and we have Angela as the main character of the story putting the pieces together. She left him because he is a closet homosexual she said to him "your secret" and was disgusted, they spelled it out right in front of you.

This ain't Will's story.. it's Angelas.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Im not even ready to hear from my pops after he sees this episode.
What i dont get with all this "in the comics" shyt.
Is that shyt dont even matter to a casual muthafukka who aint never read that shyt.
Unless im buggin out.
Dude came to the crib.
Tried to recruit dude.
Touched his hand a lil weird as he slipped him his card...

Next scene...

Theyre fukkin!

:what:

I admit.
I miss shyt from time to time.
Im not above being corrected.

My nikka stop trying to figure the shyt out.
your knowledge of self should have kicked in and immested-diately turned it off.

Immediate eternal swift ban hammer to any and all dc.
When i seen that shyt.

Art Barr

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
If HJ was as open and unapologetic about it as Omar was, it wouldn't be as big a deal. It's the randomness of it that was most off-putting about it
1. They were giving drops with The American Hero Story stuff
2. It was alluded to in the comics
3. Breh we have found out over the last few years that Rudy Ray Moore, RIchard Pryor, etc...were either down low /bi-curious...outta nowhere. I'm just saying :dame:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Were y'all this mad about Omar?

:troll:
No, because of the way Omar was presented. Shortly after Omar was introduced on the Wire, we learned about his relationship with Brandon. Also, there was no backstory that ever painted Omar as anything but a man who did anything except rob drug dealers. However, because of the way Omar was written & portrayed, most of us grew to love and admire the character. His sexuality didn't matter. He was actually one of my 3 favorite characters from the Wire.

Will/Hooded Justice was portrayed as a sympathetic but strong Black family man who had survived the Tulsa massacre, police beatings, and an attempted lynching. We then saw Will bravley & singlehandedly beat down a group of white criminals before returning home to his wife.
Shortly after that, we see Will blowing Captain Metropolis's back out with no storyline build up, and no further bearing on the story. It was a case of Hollywood making the Black hero gay just for the sake of making him gay. THAT'S what we don't like!

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
His wife left him... she went back to Tulsa and we have Angela as the main character of the story putting the pieces together. She left him because he is a closet homosexual she said to him "your secret" and was disgusted, they spelled it out right in front of you.

This ain't Will's story.. it's Angelas.
But wasnt that after him doing it with dude? (Could be wrong)
How was anyone supposed to know this before that?

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
EKO8UCJXkAEzT9T

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
But wasnt that after him doing it with dude? (Could be wrong)
How was anyone supposed to know this before that?

She picked up on it/knew in earlier scenes and that moment was their last fight before she said "your secret" and bailed and went back to Tulsa.. at that point she was done with him and didn't want his son to be around him.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Will masking up and fighting the KKK doesn't require a character flaw. It's the naivety of joining a group of people you inspired who don't know that you're black, and worse, may not help you if they were to find out that you are black. In what world would you assume that just because they are fighting crime that it means that they would fight the Klan. Will has enough personal history to not only strongly question it, but to avoid it altogether. This where Captain Metropolis exploits Will's character flaw...a combination of his closet homosexuality being held in for years and a desire to believe that he would find like-minded justice seekers who wouldn't treat him differently. Will's closet life is such a mystery even to himself that he can't even discuss it with his partner post-coitus. "How did you know? How did you know I was Hooded Justice (gay)?" "When I saw you, I just knew."

As far as Hooded Justice being gay in the comics, I don't think they have to show that he's gay for him to be gay. It wasn't just implied... It was HEAVILY implied. The original implication was probably Alan Moore's own viewpoint (which is consistently put on display both in the comics and this show) that to dress up in costume and fight crime, you either have to have some sort of sexual fixation, haunted past, strong altruistic been in justice, or a combination of the above. I take it to be true based on HJ's interaction with The Comedian. The Comedian basically accuses Hooded Justice of getting off on violent acts against men as a means to say he's a homosexual. Hooded Justice clearly picks up on The Comedians meaning because he completely stops attacking him. If it were just an accusation of getting off on violence, HJ would've kept going. It's the implied call-out of his being a homosexual that throws and stops him. The Comedian on the way out then basically says to HJ that he knows his secret and the jokes eventually gonna be on him. The only way that scenario works in the comics book is of Hooded Justice is gay. The context throughout the whole book basically lays the stage for a Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis secret relationship.

So he was never actually gay in the comics after all...
:ohhh:

It's HEAVILY implied

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Hold up.. Will is the main protagonist now? according to the coli? He's never been the main protagonist. The main protagonist is Angela. This was a character episode like Looking Glass.

Angela is the main character.
The first character we meet is Will. He is one of the main characters (we don't know if he's a protagonist or antagonist, yet, because we don't know his relationship with Angela & Lady Trieu).