Official Watchmen Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Wifey definitely knew he was gay too, hence calling him Captain Blondie, telling him to not break her heart, and asking him to tell the story of them meeting again before telling him she was pregnant. She knew and loved that heroic down low nikka anyway :francis:

His wife left him... she went back to Tulsa and we have Angela as the main character of the story putting the pieces together. She left him because he is a closet homosexual she said to him "your secret" and was disgusted, they spelled it out right in front of you.

This ain't Will's story.. it's Angelas.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
His wife left him... she went back to Tulsa and we have Angela as the main character of the story putting the pieces together. She left him because he is a closet homosexual she said to him "your secret" and was disgusted, they spelled it out right in front of you.

This ain't Will's story.. it's Angelas.
It could've been interpreted that she grew disillusioned with him being a vigilante. Maybe that was the secret she was referring to?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The thing I agree with y'all on is there is too much gay shyt in Hollywood period. Will Smith played a homosexual, The Rock played a homosexual, the movie about the gay cowboys won some awards only because it was about homosexuals, the movie Milk with Sean Penn was revered only because Milk was a gay man..

Tyler Perry movies got this man dressing as a woman..

I've never been a fan of the agenda to completely normalize homosexuality, trannies, cross dressing, etc.. and it's because way too many producers in Hollywood are homosexuals like Kevin Spacey and Bryan Singer etc.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
No, because of the way Omar was presented. Shortly after Omar was introduced on the Wire, we learned about his relationship with Brandon. Also, there was no backstory that ever painted Omar as anything but a man who did anything except rob drug dealers. However, because of the way Omar was written & portrayed, most of us grew to love and admire the character. His sexuality didn't matter. He was actually one of my 3 favorite characters from the Wire.

Will/Hooded Justice was portrayed as a sympathetic but strong Black family man who had survived the Tulsa massacre, police beatings, and an attempted lynching. We then saw Will bravley & singlehandedly beat down a group of white criminals before returning home to his wife.
Shortly after that, we see Will blowing Captain Metropolis's back out with no storyline build up, and no further bearing on the story. It was a case of Hollywood making the Black hero gay just for the sake of making him gay. THAT'S what we don't like!
I agree that it was shoe horned in, but I don't think there was a way to perfectly sell Will as Hooded Justice and preserve continuity from the comics. Remember we're getting 10 years of untold history in 45 minutes. Building up Will being gay and why he would fukk a white man isn't as important as building the groundwork for the major storyline that if this flashback is building up. If I had to say why will have sex with a white man, I would just assume that this was the first time he was ever propositioned by a man. We have no evidence to assume that he had any partners before that, and that he would ignore race when he has a chance at being his quote true self unquote.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The first character we meet is Will. He is one of the main characters (we don't know if he's a protagonist or antagonist, yet, because we don't know his relationship with Angela & Lady Trieu).

It's still Angela's story, we are seeing nearly everything from her point of view and she's going to be the one to "crack the case" let's be honest

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It could've been interpreted that she grew disillusioned with him being a vigilante. Maybe that was the secret she was referring to?

Did you even listen to the dialogue? She said you can't take your mask off.. your secret... What more needs to be said? She is fine with him as a hero, she is not fine with him being a fakkit on the low

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
They showed they were gay for each other on the American hero TV show.

His wife left him (i.e. further bearing on the story..)
No, they showed 2 actors portraying Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis in the tv show to be gay. It's like when movie directors take artistic license when filming a biopic (see Straight Outta Compton where Eazy E is given A BTNH tape on his deathbed. In real life, Eazy had already signed and recorded a single with Bone Thugs a year before his passing).
Since we never saw any homo behavior from the REAL Will (and because we knew that he had a wife and granddaughter), we had no reason to think that he was actually gay.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
When I saw that scene, I rolled my eyes. It's like this breh likes men's ass too. GTFOH.

It served little to no purpose. I didn't dwell on it much though. I do wonder is this what black male actors have to go through nowadays. Instead of putting on dress, do brothers have to be a gay character to get on?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Oh sohh i guess you must have missed the real world discussion of the disconnect .
from the commercial whitewashed mainstreaming of the early season one to two.
plus the show directional and content re-write change back in direction moving forward on that show.

Which we can remake for that wire thread.
you can make if you wanna expose yourself.

stop deflecting.
this is no time deflect.
deflection is a part of their weaponry and you are losing.
if you are affected by this on this issue.

art barr
You know something was great when the coli hates it :mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
No, they showed 2 actors portraying Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis in the tv show to be gay. It's like when movie directors take artistic license when filming a biopic (see Straight Outta Compton where Eazy E is given A BTNH tape on his deathbed. In real life, Eazy had already signed and recorded a single with Bone Thugs a year before his passing).
Since we never saw any homo behavior from the REAL Will (and because we knew that he had a wife and granddaughter), we had no reason to think that he was actually gay.

All you are doing here is interpreting the scene how you saw it and ignoring what was actually on screen... It probably wasn't a secret they were gay for each other because Cap Metropolis looked to be a pretty open fakkit. All this about artistic license is fine but that's you interpreting something that wasn't on screen and ignoring what was.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
1. They were giving drops with The American Hero Story stuff
2. It was alluded to in the comics
3. Breh we have found out over the last few years that Rudy Ray Moore, RIchard Pryor, etc...were either down low /bi-curious...outta nowhere. I'm just saying :dame:

The show also has him being white, so I thought that the gay shyt was hyperbole for TV

At least he was a top :dame::hubie: