Official Watchmen Thread

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Metropolis was recruiting a bunch of down low dudes to fukk :scust:

Still having Will go from zero to 60 on the non Harlem scale like dat was weak.. At least allude to the shyt. That's why it seemed like an agenda thing :shaq2:

Do it like they did in the comics and just allude to non Harlem activity the whole time. You don't have to show that shyt

:dead:

No

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Metropolis was recruiting a bunch of down low dudes to fukk :scust:

Still having Will go from zero to 60 on the non Harlem scale like dat was weak.. At least allude to the shyt. That's why it seemed like an agenda thing :shaq2:

Do it like they did in the comics and just allude to non Harlem activity the whole time. You don't have to show that shyt

Breh!

:dead:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I think too many of you are focused on the fact that Will was gay, and not on the more important aspect that in a retelling of one of the greatest graphic novel stories ever written, all of the masked super heroes were inspired by a black man determined to put an end to racist factions within his neighborhood. The fact that he's gay has no bearing on that, and the fact that some of you are downplaying what an incredible feat that is in this story just goes to show how you are allowing certain prejudices cloud your judgment.
Look at you, making sense. On The Coli :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The first person camera when he was getting hung by those cacs was disturbing af. Really well filmed

shyt was eerie as fukk though. Glad he burned dem crackas.

Sidenote: I think we in for a swerve with Mister Mom Black Manta :patrice:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I'm gonna be serious for a moment...for those of you who are only upset about the sex scene, that's fine. Some things aren't things you want to see and that's ok. If we're being adults about this though, the scene wasn't that long, and it wasn't just thrown in there just to throw it in there. In order for the story-line to work, I don't think Hooded Justice being gung-ho to join up with a group of white men and women who may or may not be down to fight racist nazis makes sense unless there was some sort of serious character flaw. Will being blinded by lust makes an otherwise ridiculous story make sense. And it ties into the original Watchmen comic without changing a single thing about it.

I thought this episode was pretty good. I think too many of you are focused on the fact that Will was gay, and not on the more important aspect that in a retelling of one of the greatest graphic novel stories ever written, all of the masked super heroes were inspired by a black man determined to put an end to racist factions within his neighborhood. The fact that he's gay has no bearing on that, and the fact that some of you are downplaying what an incredible feat that is in this story just goes to show how you are allowing certain prejudices cloud your judgment.

You can be upset with showing the homosexual act...but don't downplay what a GREAT reveal this is

Sorry I missed this post and engaged with those other posters. Well said

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They expect me to believe a black man fighting g the KKK in Tulsa Oklahoma is gonna switch up and start fukking a white man in the 50s-60s? This man is beating up KKK
in his spare time, but secretly wanted to bone them?

Episode would have been goated with out the gay scene...it detracts from the impact

shyt was mad gay for no reason 2.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If I'm gonna be serious for a moment...for those of you who are only upset about the sex scene, that's fine. Some things aren't things you want to see and that's ok. If we're being adults about this though, the scene wasn't that long, and it wasn't just thrown in there just to throw it in there. In order for the story-line to work, I don't think Hooded Justice being gung-ho to join up with a group of white men and women who may or may not be down to fight racist nazis makes sense unless there was some sort of serious character flaw. Will being blinded by lust makes an otherwise ridiculous story make sense. And it ties into the original Watchmen comic without changing a single thing about it.

I thought this episode was pretty good. I think too many of you are focused on the fact that Will was gay, and not on the more important aspect that in a retelling of one of the greatest graphic novel stories ever written, all of the masked super heroes were inspired by a black man determined to put an end to racist factions within his neighborhood. The fact that he's gay has no bearing on that, and the fact that some of you are downplaying what an incredible feat that is in this story just goes to show how you are allowing certain prejudices cloud your judgment.

You can be upset with showing the homosexual act...but don't downplay what a GREAT reveal this is

:ehh:

still didn't want to see 2 dudes fukkin. :scust:

and they could have left it at hinting that Will was gay with that Metro cac, but whatever. Still a dope ep, but I think the non Harlem part could have been executed better especially just coming out of nowhere like it was.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
If you read any of his other works then you would know hooded justice was gay.
Fair enough, I'll do the knowledge & see for myself. Which books should I read for this info?

He gave you art but he treated you like an adult and left you clues to put together a clear picture.
But you just said that he spelled it all out for the reader. Which is it?

People who put on a mask and fight criminals are not well adjusted people and are far from normal. Why do you think for years people made gay jokes about batman and Robin?
Batman and Robin were the subject of pedo and gay jokes largely because of the 1960's tv show and the old comics. In the pre-tv show comics, Robin was depicted as a young teen who had an unusally close relationship with Bruce Wayne/Batman. In a modern lens, they looked like a NAMBLA couple. As far as the gay jokes, a lot of those stem from the old comics and tv show too. Things like Robin wearing and doing things like this didn't help (2:21)
Speaking of the Batman/Robin gay jokes, these were great:
The Ambiguously Gay Duo Collection

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
nikkas surprised by the “sudden gay turn” kill me. People struggle to come out TODAY, but in the late 30s this black man supposed to be obvious with his homo-sexuality?!? Captain Metropolis was probably the first man he’s ever been with.

:camby:Aint no one saying black gay people didnt exist. But next to impossible to believe a man lost his family to the Klan and devoted his life to fighting them was fukking a white man.
Crakas tried to hang him a few scenes earlier :hhh:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
They expect me to believe a black man fighting g the KKK in Tulsa Oklahoma is gonna switch up and start fukking a white man in the 50s-60s? This man is beating up KKK
in his spare time, but secretly wanted to bone them?

Episode would have been goated with out the gay scene...it detracts from the impact

Literally NOTHING about him fukking a white man suggests he wanted to fukk every white dude he came across. How immature are y'all?