Official Watchmen Thread

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I dont agree with your nature argument so let's leave that alone. But the comics heavily implied he was gay and fukking captain metro. Matter of fact hooded justice was really a ultra violent gay sadist. That is why when he was beating up the comedian after he caught him raping silk specture the comedien made the comment

watchmen-hooded-justcie-death-comedian.jpg
I know that panel, but like you said, the homosexuality was IMPLIED, not CONFIRMED. Therefore, the television scene wasn't needed.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know that panel, but like you said, the homosexuality was IMPLIED, not CONFIRMED. Therefore, the television scene wasn't needed.

:yeshrug:

In the comics that dude was gay and a sadist.

If you dont like this character being gay fine but say they are turning all black heroes gay. That is being untrue and you know it.:ufdup:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
:yeshrug:

In the comics that dude was gay and a sadist.

If you dont like this character being gay fine but say they are turning all black heroes gay. That is being untrue and you know it.:ufdup:
In the graphic novel, Hooded Justice was violent and possibly sadistic. He was never confirmed to be a homosexual. You even said that Hooded Justice's homosexual orientation was implied. Alan Moore gave us a wonderful piece of art; there's no need to rewrite it to fit your narrarive.
Also, I didn't say that they were turning all Black super heroes gay. Maybe another poster did; but let's leave the goalposts where they are.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Man every once in a while....I'm reminded why I love The Coli :heh:

He didn't appear to be flaming to me :yeshrug:

Why can't we celebrate the strong homosexual black male hero? Because he's gay he's weak now :dwillhuh:

He was gay in the comics...gotta be gay here

If the comic book is canon...it wasn't speculated....it was HEAVILY implied. Even the flashback where Hooded Justice is giving the Comedian that work, and the Comedian calls him out for being gay....HJ just stops and tells him to get out. Then he tells Silk Spectre to make herself decent after she just got the beats put to her....doesn't even try to treat her like a lady. Nah...if we can come away with one thing about Hooded Justice, it's that he was a big, built, masked hero that liked man butt. It's wat it is fam...no need to get upset about it

I get it fam. But damn. It seemed like they had him go from straight to gay in a flash. No kinds of signs and shyt leading up to it. Just bam he fukkin this cac :scust:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don’t really care about Will being gay because I expected it tbh...

but why the fukk would he stay in the Minutemen once he realized they didn’t care about his problems fighting the klan? What did he have to gain from joining the team? Why would he even keep fukking CM at that point? The only reason I can think of is if he’s a weak man. You can’t have it both ways here. He’s either a strong man fighting a just cause or he’s a pawn with no backbone driven by bussy . :dahell: :mjlol:
Same thoughts

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
In the context of the show there’s no reason for him to be there if they aren’t fighting his fight. He’s sold on the team concept because he could use more help fighting against the klan. Then, inexplicably he learns the Minutemen won’t help but still stays on the team. Why? Fame? He kept his identity secret the whole time. There’s literally no reason for him to stay... unless he’s in love with Captain Metropolis. Him remaining with the Minutemen kinda undermines his whole mission as a Tulsa survivor and makes him a weak sellout.
Church

Daps
Count me amongst those who found the gay angle unnecessary and actually detracting.

So the graphic novel heavily implies Hooded Justice is gay. That fits very well with the made-for-tv version of Hooded Justice. An All-American white boy with pent up anger due to his closeted homosexuality. But thanks to nostalgia pills we learn the truth: Hooded Justice’s sadistic ways actually stem from the trauma experienced from seeing his family and community brutally massacred in the Tulsa riots. Adding closet homosexuality to that, complete with cringeworthy double entendre’d “how did you know?” pillow talk just dilutes from that story.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Comics were a deconstruction of super heroes and it was hinted at at least 3 of the minutemen were gay and one was killed for being gay.
So Metropolis was recruiting a bunch of down low dudes to fukk :scust:

Still having Will go from zero to 60 on the non Harlem scale like dat was weak.. At least allude to the shyt. That's why it seemed like an agenda thing :shaq2:

Do it like they did in the comics and just allude to non Harlem activity the whole time. You don't have to show that shyt

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I get it fam. But damn. It seemed like they had him go from straight to gay in a flash. No kinds of signs and shyt leading up to it. Just bam he fukkin this cac :scust:
Yeah.
They had that man go from 0 to 100 with the gay shyt.
And like alotta others here been saying...

What was even the point of him being in Minutemen after he realized they wasnt down for the cause?
shyt, after all the trauma these honkkkeys put you thru, the fukk would you trust any of them for in first goddamn place??

:dahell:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Episode was crazy. Will getting 'casting couched' into a superhero crew was :sadcam:. The Minutemen just wanted to chase caped goofies while Hooded Justice was trying to take down Cyclops.

The fact he had to wear white face to be down was :to:. When he came home and saw his kid copying him it was straight :mjcry:

The parallel with Superman being put in a ship and sent away with Will being shipped out of Tulsa was :ohhh:I can't believe I never clocked that before.

The scene where he dives out of the grocer's window feels like a 'what really happened' re-telling of the scene in Episode 1 where Hooded Justice stopped the robbery. I really liked the way they pulled off the effects of the Nostalgia trip too

Will using the updated Cyclops projector to make Nash Bridges hang himself was :wow: though.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the graphic novel, Hooded Justice was violent and possibly sadistic. He was never confirmed to be a homosexual. You even said that Hooded Justice's homosexual orientation was implied. Alan Moore gave us a wonderful piece of art; there's no need to rewrite it to fit your narrarive.
Also, I didn't say that they were turning all Black super heroes gay. Maybe another poster did; but let's leave the goalposts where they are.

If you read any of his other works then you would know hooded justice was gay. He gave you art but he treated you like an adult and left you clues to put together a clear picture. People who put on a mask and fight criminals are not well adjusted people and are far from normal. Why do you think for years people made gay jokes about batman and Robin?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah.
They had that man go from 0 to 100 with the gay shyt.
And like alotta others here been saying...

What was even the point of him being in Minutemen after he realized they wasnt down for the cause?
shyt, after all the trauma these honkkkeys put you thru, the fukk would you trust any of them for in first goddamn place??

:dahell:

Kind of sums up the black experience in America dont it.