Official VENOM Movie Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Didnt the guy that bullies peter(jameson son?) at school become a astronaut n brings back the venom stone? In the comics

Nah, you mixing up Jameson Jr with Flash Thompson (the bully) who'd later also become Venom. In the comics Jameson Jr came back from space with a special stone that turned him into a werewolf (Man-Wolf). In the 90s cartoon they used this plot instead to introduce the symbiot, which in the comics was introduced during Secret War.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
If they keep Tom as Spidey for 10 plus years like they did Downey as Stark, imagine if they did a proper arc with the black suit. Have him in the black suit for a movie or two then he learns the truth and ditches the symbiote only for it to come back with Brock as Venom then eventually we get a Spidey vs Venom vs Carnage triple threat movie. Will probably never happen but I can dream :noah:
That's what I'm thinking the plan is. The more Tom ages, the darker Peter's story gets.

shyt is gonna be fukkin sick. :banderas:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i thought it was just eh. it was mentioned already but being pg-13 really hurt venom's character. you're gonna have him bite off heads but not show blood and gore during fights?:snoop:

the love story was boring as well. it just came and went like it was nothing yet eddie brock was thinking about it most of the movie. venom is a promising character tho. hopefully they build from here and make the next film rated R. probably won't happen tho.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Got done watching. Pretty disappointed in this movie. Its everything wrong with "comic" movies today IMHO. SMH.
There is no venom without Peter Parker, period.
If they were doing agent venom with Flash Thompson I could understand making Brock the good guy, but Venom is a villian initially, who can be a anti-hero but he is evil and to make him an anti-hero off the bat kills the story/character progression of Eddie. SMH.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
just got back.

Nice it all took place in SF...saw parts of my old work neighborhood in there.

Not too bad. villain/second symboite was kinda meh though.

harrelson as cassidy could be interesting, if we ever get a sequel. I'm assuming the unaccounted symboite that killed jenny slate = carnage

venom arguing w/ Brock was pretty funny, or when his GF was in the suit.

wonder if it'll ever cross over w/ spidey

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
Exactly....Venom is my fave Spidey villain. The reason I started reading comics as a kid (and still read them to this day) is because I saw a comic at the drug store as a kid that had this crazy looking guy on the cover who looked like Spider-Man but he had this big mouth with all these teeth and this giant ass bloody tongue:ohhh:...I fell in love with comics because of Venom and Spidey. Now I fear we may never see Venom in the MCU. Just imagine Tom Holland's Spidey having to team up with Stark or the other Avengers to stop Venom's badass. Totally wasted Venom by doing a solo movie with no Spider-Man connection. And in Spider-Man 3 we got a weak ass Venom who was only on screen for like 5 minutes. :sadbron:

who was it breh?:ohhh:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Was expecting it to be bad but I enjoyed it. It's more of a bromance + rom-com and it pulls it off pretty well. I knew something was off if the audience scores are high and the critics scores were low. I guess they wanted a more sophisticated plot lol.

Last edited: