Official VENOM Movie Thread

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
I found it to be entertaining. Didn't know it would've held my young child's interest but it did. Good sized crowd for a mid afternoon Sunday showing, a good deal of laughter during some parts. It wasn't the best superhero movie ever, but I had no problem with it and would definitely go see the sequel if it's for sure a go.

The post credit scenes were fine too...the first wasn't a surprise at all if you read up on Venom before it even came out. I liked the fact that the second one was longer than expected, and honestly it was a logical move for the movie studios to do that.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
All you dudes posting what it made :mjlol: that means nothing. This is America, the same people who payed to see this payed to watch all them whack ass Transformers and Rock movies.
shyt, Suicide Squad had a good opening weekend.:mjlol: Just because it made money don't mean its any good.

Iron Man 2 made money...
Amazing Spider-man made money...

This shyt was mediocre as fukk. Dumb ass plot with bad acting, some of you dudes must be easily impressed :francis: Best part was him jumping in a damn lobster tank, then eating frozen tater-tots, and I'll give them credit for playing a Keak song (I respect that)

This was one of the worst comic book movies I ever saw. It wasn't as bad as Catwoman, I will say that.

And I didn't pay to watch it either :mjgrin:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Anybody else think Venom was overpowered here? He was basically Hulk status...Venom and Spidey usually go back and forth pretty evenly, but webhead would get absolutely eviscerated by this Venom

No...... he’s was going up against regular humans..... so that plays out about right.

Don’t compare what he was doing against average humans to Spider-Man...... who can catch cars and stop trains......

Martha

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
All you dudes posting what it made :mjlol: that means nothing. This is America, the same people who payed to see this payed to watch all them whack ass Transformers and Rock movies.
shyt, Suicide Squad had a good opening weekend.:mjlol: Just because it made money don't mean its any good.

Iron Man 2 made money...

This shyt was mediocre as fukk. Dumb ass plot with bad acting, some of you dudes must be easily impressed :francis: Best part was him jumping in a damn lobster tank, then eating frozen tater-tots, and I'll give them credit for playing a Keak song (I respect that)

This was one of the worst comic book movies I ever saw. It wasn't as bad as Catwoman, I will say that.

think you saying something when 90% of people who watched it disagree with you brehs

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
y'all really believe that sony owns both properties, bout to do crazy numbers this weekend vs the budget, already go a sequel lined up, and dropped easter eggs to say he was in nyc, there is a daily bugle, and stan lee shows up............

and y'all think they won't simply put them in a movie together? we got aliens vs predator but they won't put these two in the same movie?? especially since they have to waste zero time introducing venom now...
I actually don’t think they will. Avi seems dead set on creating his own universe without relying on the MCU and seeing how much money they made on this being it’s own thing I doubt they go that route now.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO

Iron Man 2 made money...

Cosign 100%.

A proper venom movie with a Spiderman prequel that established the origin of the symbiote would had done nearly infinity wars numbers. And then a sequel for the Carnage movie would had done the same. 82 mil numbers is DC film status imo.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Cosign 100%.

A proper venom movie with a Spiderman prequel that established the origin of the symbiote would had done nearly infinity wars numbers. And then a sequel for the Carnage movie would had done the same. 82 mil numbers is DC film status imo.
To be fair, they actually did a pretty good job using Lethal Protector and Planet of the Symbiotes for this shyt.
They aint "finesse" the shyt, but it was cool if youre familiar with the character like that.
This shyt was funny tho if ima keep it a hundo.
Cause that scene where Eddie was in his bathroom in the mirror and heard "Eddie" and was like "AHHHHHH!!""
:damn:

Had me in tears!
:russ:

edit

and this was one of my favorite Stan Lee cameos lol
this, the Teen Titans one, the Ragnorok one, and the Deadpool one.

Last edited:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Movie was funny and strait to the point. Effects were ok. Tom Hardy was cool.
Got to admit, it was a good movie. Better than expected. The post credit scene was in good taste. This Universe is off and running......can we just get a merger with the MCU and Tom Holland please, the big wigs need to sit down and work on something because it would be silly otherwise. They've already laid the groundwork perfectly.

Last edited: