Official VENOM Movie Thread

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Venom's long term prospects are unknown, with a B+ Cinemascore, and the lousy reviews, it's probably going to fall off very quickly, but with a reported budget of $100 to $116 million, it's already crossed the $200 million total when overseas grosses are included, so that's definitely the start of a franchise even if Venom drops 60% or more next weekend.
-box office prophets.com

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Venom's long term prospects are unknown, with a B+ Cinemascore, and the lousy reviews, it's probably going to fall off very quickly, but with a reported budget of $100 to $116 million, it's already crossed the $200 million total when overseas grosses are included, so that's definitely the start of a franchise even if Venom drops 60% or more next weekend.
-box office prophets.com
Goosebumps 2, Bad Times at the El Royale and First Man come out next week.
Goosebumps and First Man will probably be fighting for the 1 and 2 spots at the box office so Venom is likely to fall to #3.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I'm not asking for 100% accurate. But a Venom movie without Spider-Man is as fukking stupid as a Bizarro movie without Superman or Joker movie without Batman (still can't believe DC / WB actually doing that Joker shyt. SMDH).:mindblown: I grew up on Venom vs Spidey comics as a kid. Seeing a bad guy version of Spider-Man with the evil / deformed lookin Spidey eyes and the big white Spider on his chest, that shyt is :ohlawd:

My two favorite all time comic characters that I have adored since childhood are Spidey and Venom so I admit I am biased and maybe a little over the top about the subject :whoa:

But seriously, just imagine seeing the one thing on the big screen that we have never seen: Venom vs Spidey done right.:ahh: And thanks to this movie, we may not ever see that. Or if we do, it will be years down the line after Venom finally gets snatched up by Disney or Spidey goes back to Sony and gets rebooted for the 18th time :sadcam:

But I ain't even seen Venom yet so it may be good and I come back and eat my words :steviej:

:scust: you sound like a disgruntled dikk eating stan... bet you some overweight fat white cac with a neck beard... foh yo

acting like these comic book movies gonna be the end of your life ... enjoy these damn age of comic book movies fuccin nerd

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:sas2:

this movie will be dope as fukk AND do numbers... and anybody replying better be willing to put that coli cash or that ban bet on the line.. i don't want to see no bandwagon shyt later on :ufdup:

have we not been watching the shytty ass DCU? Now y'all want to rush this movie from start to full fledged venom vs spiderman, all in the same damn movie?

wait.... name one villain who got his own movie? suicide squad... where nobody did anything bad once they left training? this is new ground here.. let them build the shyt up... then cross that shyt over into spiderman with HIS next movie... and then start the sinister 6 up... or the symbiote war

i'm not sure what y'all was expecting.. more CGI trash for 80% of the movie.. where he finds reasons to expose his face to talk some more... we got tom fukking hardy... we bout to build this character with some actual character for the first time in history

Box Office: ‘Venom’ Devours $80M, ‘A Star Is Born’ Shines Bright with $42M

The box office figures are in — Venom and A Star is Born were major winners, bringing October box office numbers to an all-time high.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Venom racked up $80 million at the box office in the United States this week, while the Lady Gaga-starring remake A Star is Born earned a solid $42.6 million.

Internationally, Venom earned $125.2 million, making for a total pull of $205.2 million. THR also reports that the strength of these two movies delivered an “all-time high of roughly $174 million for the month of October.”

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Goosebumps 2, Bad Times at the El Royale and First Man come out next week.
Goosebumps and First Man will probably be fighting for the 1 and 2 spots at the box office so Venom is likely to fall to #3.

I'll be surprised if GB does that well. Looks like straight to DVD status, especially w/ no Jack Black.

I think it might go First Man, Star is Born, Smallfoot, El Royale, GB or Venom

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Exactly....Venom is my fave Spidey villain. The reason I started reading comics as a kid (and still read them to this day) is because I saw a comic at the drug store as a kid that had this crazy looking guy on the cover who looked like Spider-Man but he had this big mouth with all these teeth and this giant ass bloody tongue:ohhh:...I fell in love with comics because of Venom and Spidey. Now I fear we may never see Venom in the MCU. Just imagine Tom Holland's Spidey having to team up with Stark or the other Avengers to stop Venom's badass. Totally wasted Venom by doing a solo movie with no Spider-Man connection. And in Spider-Man 3 we got a weak ass Venom who was only on screen for like 5 minutes. :sadbron:
y'all really believe that sony owns both properties, bout to do crazy numbers this weekend vs the budget, already go a sequel lined up, and dropped easter eggs to say he was in nyc, there is a daily bugle, and stan lee shows up............

and y'all think they won't simply put them in a movie together? we got aliens vs predator but they won't put these two in the same movie?? especially since they have to waste zero time introducing venom now...

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap
Anybody else think Venom was overpowered here? He was basically Hulk status...Venom and Spidey usually go back and forth pretty evenly, but webhead would get absolutely eviscerated by this Venom

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap
No. A passing airplane almost took him out randomly lol.
Lol true...but I'm talking about him climbing skyscrapers in 5 seconds and smashing through buildings with ease. I remembered him being slightly stronger version of Spiderman, but seems like a fight wouldn't even be close

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
he ain't really do any bad shyt though
i do wish this was r rated.. he didn't even have to cuss it up like deadpool, just get the violence popping. he did kill a lot of those guards/cops.. the way he was slamming, throwing, crushing people, there's no way they all got out of there.

but yea... the next joint needs to be r rated, especially with carnage