Official VENOM Movie Thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Da Fuk?! :why:
The true Venom origin is all about Peter Parker! Peter Parker is the one who brought the symbiote to earth in the first place. The symbiote "loved" Peter and tried to permanently bond with him. This rejection is what caused the symbiote to hate Peter and bond to Brock and become Venom in the first place. Without Peter Parker / Spider-Man, there wouldn't / shouldn't even be a Venom!! You don't need Secret Wars to tell a true / accurate Venom origin but you do at least need Spider-Man.:ufdup:

The true Venom origin is about Peter Parker, correct, but also the true symbiote origin started with Secret Wars. The cartoon made away around that with Jameson bring it back from space (also utilized here). Instead of the symbiote bonding with Spidey and being rejected, then join with Brock for their mutual hatred of Peter, in the context of the movie, it made sense for both the symbiote and Brock to bond because of their self-hatred. In order to do the symbiote hatred of Spidey, you'd have to do the black suit first and I don't feel it was needed. And it allowed for adjustments due to time constraints. It still makes good use of things from Venom's mythos like his ex, Life Foundation and the other symbiotes. Besides, they didn't want to do a villain movie, and Spidey & Brock have been friends much longer than they've been enemies.

When has anything Marvel been 100% accurate? FF movies, Doom getting powers from the space mission, the whole DD/Elektra tweaks from the movies. the X-films, Hulk, Cap & all of the Avengers history. Spidey and Stark relationship. Hell, Marvel did Homecoming without Uncle Ben, and Ultron without Pym.

DragonZord

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The true Venom origin is about Peter Parker, correct, but also the true symbiote origin started with Secret Wars. The cartoon made away around that with Jameson bring it back from space (also utilized here). Instead of the symbiote bonding with Spidey and being rejected, then join with Brock for their mutual hatred of Peter, in the context of the movie, it made sense for both the symbiote and Brock to bond because of their self-hatred. In order to do the symbiote hatred of Spidey, you'd have to do the black suit first and I don't feel it was needed. And it allowed for adjustments due to time constraints. It still makes good use of things from Venom's mythos like his ex, Life Foundation and the other symbiotes. Besides, they didn't want to do a villain movie, and Spidey & Brock have been friends much longer than they've been enemies.

When has anything Marvel been 100% accurate? FF movies, Doom getting powers from the space mission, the whole DD/Elektra tweaks from the movies. the X-films, Hulk, Cap & all of the Avengers history. Spidey and Stark relationship. Hell, Marvel did Homecoming without Uncle Ben, and Ultron without Pym.

I'm not asking for 100% accurate. But a Venom movie without Spider-Man is as fukking stupid as a Bizarro movie without Superman or Joker movie without Batman (still can't believe DC / WB actually doing that Joker shyt. SMDH).:mindblown: I grew up on Venom vs Spidey comics as a kid. Seeing a bad guy version of Spider-Man with the evil / deformed lookin Spidey eyes and the big white Spider on his chest, that shyt is :ohlawd:

My two favorite all time comic characters that I have adored since childhood are Spidey and Venom so I admit I am biased and maybe a little over the top about the subject :whoa:

But seriously, just imagine seeing the one thing on the big screen that we have never seen: Venom vs Spidey done right.:ahh: And thanks to this movie, we may not ever see that. Or if we do, it will be years down the line after Venom finally gets snatched up by Disney or Spidey goes back to Sony and gets rebooted for the 18th time :sadcam:

But I ain't even seen Venom yet so it may be good and I come back and eat my words :steviej:

DragonZord

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wouldn't they have to age Spidey past Tom Holland for this to happen?
If they keep Tom as Spidey for 10 plus years like they did Downey as Stark, imagine if they did a proper arc with the black suit. Have him in the black suit for a movie or two then he learns the truth and ditches the symbiote only for it to come back with Brock as Venom then eventually we get a Spidey vs Venom vs Carnage triple threat movie. Will probably never happen but I can dream :noah: