The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
The question I would like to know is how close is it to the early comparisons of that film with buddy that had the AI in or taking over his body.

Reboot or something, forgot the name but came out earlier in the summer

About to check this out later, is this a movie where you have to see in IMAX or 3D or is it fine watching the standard?:jbhmm:

Martha
Upgrade is trash period, I feel that venom is better than that but one) I know that its going to be an unpopular opinion and two) being better than upgrade ain't saying much

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I had to take a leak once during the movie so I may have missed it but did they ever explain what happened to the symbiote inside of the little white girl? Last I remember is them walking away from the white girl's mom at the airport and then I can't recall what the hell happened.
White girl symbiote jumped into the indian

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I didn't think it was that bad, just out of place with no context. For the past several years all the Marvel movies have been tied in (Avengers, Thor, Guardians, Iron Man, Spider-Man, BP) and this just comes out of nowhere and its unrelated. Should have come out like 15 years ago.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't even wanna see it, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.

Main things that bothered me, and I already expected it, were:

No Spiderman/MCU tie in

and

Making Venom a full on hero

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Eddie DID team up with Miles tho!
:okmarvelmelo:

nah. that shyt was dope!
lowkey, when he was rollin with time displaced young X-Men that was dope too!

Jean like, "Venom you cant just be killin people and shyt. thats not how we roll!"
:what:

Venom like, "whatever you fukkin brats!"
:hhh:

What if the MCU made a Venom movie based on the Donny Cates run? :wow:

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went last night and the theater was packed. Movie was not bad at all. It was definitely entertaining enough for me to tell people it’s not as bad as we thought it would be. It definitely felt like they wrote this so it could easily fit in the MCU one day with all the corny jokes. Now that it appears to be a hit, Sony can look at MCU and be like “did we make the team coach” lol

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I pick up any book with Donny Cates’ name on it. Dude is nice. Killing it on Thanos, Death of the Inhumans, Venom and Cosmic Ghost Rider. :wow:
The Thanos Run and Cosmic Ghost Rider have been insane :ohlawd:

Donny has a nice run going on with Marvel it reminds me of when Rick Remender went on that run with Uncanny X-force, Venom and Uncanny Avengers. :whew:

I'll check out Death of the Inhumans next

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Thanos Run and Cosmic Ghost Rider have been insane :ohlawd:

Donny has a nice run going on with Marvel it reminds me of when Rick Remender went on that run with Uncanny X-force, Venom and Uncanny Avengers. :whew:

I'll check out Death of the Inhumans next

Great comparison. His run on Thanos is very similar to how Remender took x-force (big name, so-so comics) and started doing crazy world-building. The stuff with Thanos and Ghost Rider is even starting to get bigger in scope, like how Remender’s story grew from x-force scale to avengers scale.

Matter fact, Cates had a short run on Doctor Strange too that was crazy. Had Doc kicking it with a dead basset hound. :russ:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Great comparison. His run on Thanos is very similar to how Remender took x-force (big name, so-so comics) and started doing crazy world-building. The stuff with Thanos and Ghost Rider is even starting to get bigger in scope, like how Remender’s story grew from x-force scale to avengers scale.

Matter fact, Cates had a short run on Doctor Strange too that was crazy. Had Doc kicking it with a dead basset hound. :russ:
Thats the one where boriqua shorty from the Bronx took Wongs assistant spot right?

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area

Speaking of world building :wow:
Cosmic Ghost Rider Joins Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy