Official VENOM Movie Thread

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
5/10 I wasn't really feeling the first 1/3 of the movie.

Didn't like how you don't actually see Venom until the last 1/3 of the movie either. Rest of the movie was just voices in Hardy's head. Also, was Riot in Spinderman TAS? That's all I know Venom/Carnage from and I had no idea who he was. Movie would have been better off rated R where Venom could actually bite people's head's off and impale/decapitate people. Was fire a weakness in the cartoon as well?

Favorite part was when Venom told him to jumo out the window and the next scene is him standing there waiting for the elevator and Venom calling him a p*ssy :dead:

Still can't believe they made a Venom movie without Spiderman.

The second end credits is :trash: and doesn't tie into any of the other MCU movies that have come out already

In the comics fire is one of his weaknesses. Riot was never in the cartoon.

Venom actually got defeated by being near a space shuttle launch in the cartoon because he couldn't take the sound vibrations it was giving off

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Based on what people are saying in this thread..

If not for casting Tom Hardy, the movie would be totally trash.

It had a unintentional 90s vibe. Why would I want see something like that :dahell:?

The plot was week, but it was a fun movie. What the hell does that even mean:mindblown:

It seemed like most were enamored with the dynamic of Tom hardy's character and his interaction with venom. That about it.

So I won't bother watching this trash.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Based on what people are saying in this thread..

If not for casting Tom Hardy, the movie would be totally trash.

It had a unintentional 90s vibe. Why would I want see something like that :dahell:?

The plot was week, but it was a fun movie. What the hell does that even mean:mindblown:

It seemed like most were enamored with the dynamic of Tom hardy's character and his interaction with venom. That about it.

So I won't bother watching this trash.
Right, thats like saying you got food poisoning...but being like "its good food poisoning."

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It's hard to explain but this movie was bad and fun. I'm trying to think of something like it and all I can think of is those Sharknado movies. Like it's ridiculous and the dialogue and effects are pure cheese and subpar, but people watch those movies because they're fun and funny both intentionally and unintentionally. I think here there were a lot of unintentional laughs, but the audience was laughing. I honestly don't think anyone involved in this project thought this was a serious comic book flick. If you go in with that in mind, you will probably have a good time. It's not really worth the price of admission, but I've seen much better made films that were a lot less fun. I can't even grade this. lol

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It really is hard to gauge this movie. It almost felt like a pilot to get a bigger and better budget for the next film like the deadpool test footage that leaked. Venom without his hatred for spiderman is weird and these alien symbiotes already having names was dumb since they became venom not like its a pet monster.

Plus eddie aint really hit rock bottom nikka was just unemployed and dumped by a cac chick. He couldve went to a bar in san fran and got some drunking puss

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's hard to explain but this movie was bad and fun. I'm trying to think of something like it and all I can think of is those Sharknado movies. Like it's ridiculous and the dialogue and effects are pure cheese and subpar, but people watch those movies because they're fun and funny both intentionally and unintentionally. I think here there were a lot of unintentional laughs, but the audience was laughing. I honestly don't think anyone involved in this project thought this was a serious comic book flick. If you go in with that in mind, you will probably have a good time. It's not really worth the price of admission, but I've seen much better made films that were a lot less fun. I can't even grade this. lol

I kind of agree with this but I would say more bad and less fun. It definitely flirts with the "so bad it's good" genre but doesn't fully commit and that kind of blows it. There are moments when I think it's gonna make the leap, for instance, Tom Hardy sees a friend in a cell begging him to set her free and his response is to just blindly start flailing away on the keypad which obviously he would have no idea of what the password would be so he just sets off alarms and had me laughing. Also him sneaking into a secret state if the art lab just by hiding in the backseat of some chicks car and then the girl who sneaks him in isn't caught right away even though you would think a state of the art lab loaded with prisoners being experimented on would have cameras but apparently not. Or the genius who runs the lab doesn't think to check them anyway. Also, the main baddy just randomly pops up every now and then again every so often to remind you yeah I'm still here, even though there was a six month time jump. So that was good for some laughs too but the movie never really goes all the way with it. The movie doesn't take itself seriously though at all, but I still think it would've been served better by going full retard. And given the lack of seriousness this movie showcases there was really no reason for the first half hour or so to be so slow in setting up the back story.

Riz Ahmed seemed out of place playing the villain, should've went way more over the top IMO.

Overall, kind of boring, action scenes were meh, comedy was mostly meh. Pretty bad/average movie but not horrible.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
The only thing I appreciate about this movie was that it was competently edited to the point where everything made sense but felt extremely fast forwarded. I commend them for that, but movie was still trash

DragonZord

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a movie about Venom, and people expect it to be Scorsese. Hell, the animated series did the symbiote without Secret Wars, yet people are complaining about Peter Parker which has little bearing on the overall Venom story.

Da Fuk?! :why:
The true Venom origin is all about Peter Parker! Peter Parker is the one who brought the symbiote to earth in the first place. The symbiote "loved" Peter and tried to permanently bond with him. This rejection is what caused the symbiote to hate Peter and bond to Brock and become Venom in the first place. Without Peter Parker / Spider-Man, there wouldn't / shouldn't even be a Venom!! You don't need Secret Wars to tell a true / accurate Venom origin but you do at least need Spider-Man.:ufdup:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Movies like #Venom and #SoloAStarWarsStory start slow and end well, while #sicario franchise starts good and ends bad, which is better, do you think?