Official VENOM Movie Thread

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
No...... he’s was going up against regular humans..... so that plays out about right.

Don’t compare what he was doing against average humans to Spider-Man...... who can catch cars and stop trains......

Martha

Yea ppl forget spiderman is strong enough to pick up a dumpster or a sedan and yeet that shyt at nikka face like a spiral, hes not a powerhouse but hes EASILY the pound for pound boss of the street level heroes in marvel or dc strength wise

Romell

Superstar
Daps
This shyt was mediocre as fukk. Dumb ass plot with bad acting, some of you dudes must be easily impressed :francis:
I actually paid to see this with the fam for my nephews birthday. The movie IS TRAAASSSSSSH. The general public seemed to enjoy it in my viewing though so Sony won on that front. This opening all but assures us that we won't see a Venom storyline playout with Tom Holland's Spidey for sure. But that might actually be a good thing. :jbhmm:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I actually don’t think they will. Avi seems dead set on creating his own universe without relying on the MCU and seeing how much money they made on this being it’s own thing I doubt they go that route now.
Ultimately the choice will be with Sony, so nobody gives a damn what he wants to do.

Venom 2 will be out around 2019-2020 I’m guessing. Right after Spider-Man 2 and whoever that Villian is. Then it’ll be spidey 3 and venom 3........

How long can they keep popping these movies out without one of his main enemies? They’d have to never mention any of the actions going on in spidey. And also never reference the opposite. And also never have venom or any of the symbiotes in those movies either.

It’s got to happen at this point. Even if they go left with Miles as spidey, they gotta get spidey involved

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I found it to be entertaining. Didn't know it would've held my young child's interest but it did. Good sized crowd for a mid afternoon Sunday showing, a good deal of laughter during some parts. It wasn't the best superhero movie ever, but I had no problem with it and would definitely go see the sequel if it's for sure a go.

The post credit scenes were fine too...the first wasn't a surprise at all if you read up on Venom before it even came out. I liked the fact that the second one was longer than expected, and honestly it was a logical move for the movie studios to do that.

Yea that seemed like a nice well place marketing gesture to big bro disney like “hey look we aint got a percentage in this but take this promo and lets talk about spidey if this takes off”

:shaq:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I thought it was a good flick, im surprised the reviews are bad
The reviews are mainly bad because venom really is not a stand alone villain
He’s a comedic alien whose sole purpose is killing (or at least annoying) spider man and living through Eddie so a story without him is going to be really messy or nonsensical. The thing is without spider man, in regards to venom and Eddie there is no pull in their story so really the plot is somewhat directionless
But.......that post credits......now that could be interesting.