Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, pleas tell me.. how they did portray suge-pac relationship?? was this shyt positive or negative?
It was more so portrayed as a business relationship. Suge saw a opprotunity basically , you never get the sense there is a genuine friendship between these two characters. There's no depth or weight to it.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit

A week after opening to a tepid critical response and accusations of historical inaccuracies from actress Jada Pinkett Smith — as well as a misinterpreted Internet joke that had many searching in vain for the appearance of an iPhone in the film — the Tupac Shakur biopic All Eyez On Me has now been hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit.

The suit — filed today by Kevin Powell, a longtime pop culture writer, author, activist — accuses the film's executive producers, screenwriters and distributors of cribbing from three cover stories on Shakur that Powell wrote for Vibe during the height of Shakur's career. [Disclosure: NPR Music published an article by Powell, a remembrance of the recently deceased rapper Prodigy, earlier today.]

Powell addressed the suit on Facebook, writing:

"After viewing the movie twice in the past few days, it is clear that my exclusive Vibe cover stories on Tupac Shakur (when he was alive), were lifted, without proper credit or compensation of any kind to me."

The list of defendants includes executive producers James G. Robinson, L.T. Hutton, screenwriters Steven Bagatourian, Jeremy Haft and Eddie Gonzales, as well as Morgan Creek Productions, Lions Gate and Program Pictures. Director Benny Boom was not named in the suit. Powell is seeking a series of damages, including $180,000 for each "broadcast" of the film.

The Hollywood Reporter points out, these admissions could be interpreted as a legal tactic that allows Powell to claim ownership over biographical facts.

Powell's attorney, Keith White, may have been pre-empting criticism of Powell on these points in a statement today, writing that "Kevin took creative license to protect the complex human being that was Tupac Shakur. This included fact-specific narrative changes and character creation in an effort to protect the legacy that Tupac was still building. Kevin's exclusive and intimate access to Tupac Shakur came as a result of the trust established over the years. The narrative that Kevin developed from many intense and exclusive moments with Tupac should not have been used in any film without Kevin's approval and consultation."

Powell's lawsuit caps a week of controversy for Benny Boom's film, which grossed $31 million domestically in its opening weekend.

Was hill harper supposed to be kevin powell?:dead:

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Regarding Kevin Powell, it just shows how dumb the filmmakers were. They used Nigel as the alias for Hatian Jack; pick a fukking name Powell didn't use if you're not gonna credit him!

I saw several interviews where they were asked if the reporter was Powell and LT and Benny were like nah that's just a framing device. It's obvious to anyone that followed the story in realtime that Powell inspired that character.

He even mentioned that the cover story is about ready in the movie, another unnecessary line that indicates that the character is Powell!

Edit: and while we are on Nigel, how dumb was this exchange between Pac and BIG:

Club DJ: shoutout to our host tonight....Nigel!!!
*crowd goes wild while Nigel bops*
Pac: yo who's that?
BIG: That's Nigel.

Thanks BIG :stopitslime:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Regarding Kevin Powell, it just shows how dumb the filmmakers were. They used Nigel as the alias for Hatian Jack; pick a fukking name Powell didn't use if you're not gonna credit him!

I saw several interviews where they were asked if the reporter was Powell and LT and Benny were like nah that's just a framing device. It's obvious to anyone that followed the story in realtime that Powell inspired that character.

He even mentioned that the cover story is about ready in the movie, another unnecessary line that indicates that the character is Powell!

Edit: and while we are on Nigel, how dumb was this exchange between Pac and BIG:

Club DJ: shoutout to our host tonight....Nigel!!!
*crowd goes wild while Nigel bops*
Pac: yo who's that?
BIG: That's Nigel.

Thanks BIG :stopitslime:
I just looked at the director and the producer track record

its shambolic!

how did they get the green light on such a person who had more events in his 25 years than most do in their 50s
:snoop:

Alfred0Santana

I used to drop Lewinsky off at the White House.
Daps
Saw it last night...definitely some questionable shyt and they rushed through some shyt but it wasn't trash like people saying in my opinion. Impossible to flesh out all the shyt that needed to be fleshed out.

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
Just watched this earlier today. The entire film felt like a Lifetime flick. Shipp was great at playing his role, but there's only so much you can do with a shoddy script.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
5/10 movie.....and that's being generous because of Shipp holding it down as the star of the movie.

Too many things I DIDN'T like about the movie, from start to finish.

Hopefully we can get a real story teller to make a Pac movie the right way because this LT Hutton guy was not the man for the job.

We gotta make sure cats who are making these movies are creative and have the necessary skills to do it right.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
I just saw the movie and it feels bland. It didn't really connect the way everything 2pac always connect with me subconsciously. Perhaps it's because the story was all over the place and they were trying to be appease everyone.

I think I need to watch 2pac's resurrection again.