Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
II feel like Pac had toooooo god damn much going on in his short lived life to be convered in a movie. So, I know, it will be bad. Especially for die hard Pac fans

That movie will leaving you feeling like you aint shyt :russ: Pac accomplished so much in his short life. His life was flying a hundred miles a minute. Drake about to be 31, still acting like a child. Pac was 25 and under for all the events in this movie. Pac just needed someone to set him aside and look out for him. He was surrounded by fukk ups. Had he been signed to a label like Top Dawg, he'd still be alive. But he was on Death Row which was a completely unprofessional environment and too close to the street life.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit

A week after opening to a tepid critical response and accusations of historical inaccuracies from actress Jada Pinkett Smith — as well as a misinterpreted Internet joke that had many searching in vain for the appearance of an iPhone in the film — the Tupac Shakur biopic All Eyez On Me has now been hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit.

The suit — filed today by Kevin Powell, a longtime pop culture writer, author, activist — accuses the film's executive producers, screenwriters and distributors of cribbing from three cover stories on Shakur that Powell wrote for Vibe during the height of Shakur's career. [Disclosure: NPR Music published an article by Powell, a remembrance of the recently deceased rapper Prodigy, earlier today.]

Powell addressed the suit on Facebook, writing:

"After viewing the movie twice in the past few days, it is clear that my exclusive Vibe cover stories on Tupac Shakur (when he was alive), were lifted, without proper credit or compensation of any kind to me."

The list of defendants includes executive producers James G. Robinson, L.T. Hutton, screenwriters Steven Bagatourian, Jeremy Haft and Eddie Gonzales, as well as Morgan Creek Productions, Lions Gate and Program Pictures. Director Benny Boom was not named in the suit. Powell is seeking a series of damages, including $180,000 for each "broadcast" of the film.

The Hollywood Reporter points out, these admissions could be interpreted as a legal tactic that allows Powell to claim ownership over biographical facts.

Powell's attorney, Keith White, may have been pre-empting criticism of Powell on these points in a statement today, writing that "Kevin took creative license to protect the complex human being that was Tupac Shakur. This included fact-specific narrative changes and character creation in an effort to protect the legacy that Tupac was still building. Kevin's exclusive and intimate access to Tupac Shakur came as a result of the trust established over the years. The narrative that Kevin developed from many intense and exclusive moments with Tupac should not have been used in any film without Kevin's approval and consultation."

Powell's lawsuit caps a week of controversy for Benny Boom's film, which grossed $31 million domestically in its opening weekend.

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like that they didn't try to imply that Suge killed Pac. For the longest I thought that. Suge is a flawed character (the needless violence, his use of fear and intimidation, the unprofessionalism within his business, the way he manipulated everyone around him). But he had a few strands of humanity left. He would've never killed Pac. He was his meal ticket. Now if Pac seriously left Death Row behind....maybe but, as far as the movie showed, he had Pac trapped there and momentarily satisfied with Death Row East. The sad thing about Suge is he had all the makings of a legit CEO. The same mentality that got him to where he was could've had taken him to where Dre & Jimmy Iovine are now but, he was just so unprofessional. And then Pac man....I can't believe he had nobody in his ear telling him to be careful about the company he kept. He could've avoided 99% of his problems if he didn't hang around certain nikkas. You engaged to Quincy Jones' daughter, why on Earth are you hanging around bloods and crips?
Pac was a man of principals IMO breh( some people may call that ego). Listen to against all odds to give you an answer to why he made THAT company and hung around with MOB gang members.

To all you bytch made nikkas, I'm comin' for you
Against all odds, I don't care who the fukk you is
You touch me I'm at you
I know you motherfukkers didn't think I forgot
Hell nah, I ain't forgot, nikka
I just remember what you told me
You said don't go to war unless I got my money right
I got my money right now, now I want war

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' Hit With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit

A week after opening to a tepid critical response and accusations of historical inaccuracies from actress Jada Pinkett Smith — as well as a misinterpreted Internet joke that had many searching in vain for the appearance of an iPhone in the film — the Tupac Shakur biopic All Eyez On Me has now been hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit.

The suit — filed today by Kevin Powell, a longtime pop culture writer, author, activist — accuses the film's executive producers, screenwriters and distributors of cribbing from three cover stories on Shakur that Powell wrote for Vibe during the height of Shakur's career. [Disclosure: NPR Music published an article by Powell, a remembrance of the recently deceased rapper Prodigy, earlier today.]

Powell addressed the suit on Facebook, writing:

"After viewing the movie twice in the past few days, it is clear that my exclusive Vibe cover stories on Tupac Shakur (when he was alive), were lifted, without proper credit or compensation of any kind to me."

The list of defendants includes executive producers James G. Robinson, L.T. Hutton, screenwriters Steven Bagatourian, Jeremy Haft and Eddie Gonzales, as well as Morgan Creek Productions, Lions Gate and Program Pictures. Director Benny Boom was not named in the suit. Powell is seeking a series of damages, including $180,000 for each "broadcast" of the film.

The Hollywood Reporter points out, these admissions could be interpreted as a legal tactic that allows Powell to claim ownership over biographical facts.

Powell's attorney, Keith White, may have been pre-empting criticism of Powell on these points in a statement today, writing that "Kevin took creative license to protect the complex human being that was Tupac Shakur. This included fact-specific narrative changes and character creation in an effort to protect the legacy that Tupac was still building. Kevin's exclusive and intimate access to Tupac Shakur came as a result of the trust established over the years. The narrative that Kevin developed from many intense and exclusive moments with Tupac should not have been used in any film without Kevin's approval and consultation."

Powell's lawsuit caps a week of controversy for Benny Boom's film, which grossed $31 million domestically in its opening weekend.

:blessed: :blessed: :blessed: