Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Ok brehs I finally watched the film.

The biggest issues was the transitions from scene to scene. It was poorly done especially at the start of the film. That also made it seem like some scenes were going to fast.

Second problem were the pacing. The first half of the film went by really quick and we didn't get to see the foundation of Pac's life. This was disappointing imo. I really wanted to see his life before fame more than some of his industry days. The other half of the film seemed to drag on which bored me a bit.

Third problem was the fact that the directors seemed too persistent in copying a lot of shyt we already heard from in Pac instead of trying to re-create some of it on their own. An example would be the scene where Pac was addressing the reporters during the rape case. Why do we need to hear that word for word when I can simply go on YT and see that for myself? There's a ton of more shyt too but I won't get into that.

And was any other brehs cringing during the Brenda's got a baby scene (the slowmo in the booth)? A lot of the music scenes could have been done better and some didn't even need to be put in (like the I get around scene)
The actors were great and ship did a good job imo. Afenis character tried to oversell certain scenes but she was ok too. Nigel was grimy as fukk and I wished he had more parts in the film. Also the actors did their best but the scripts they had were poorly done too.

shyt was a 2/5 at best.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
well white folks always loved biggies,should we call it jiggy music? better than Pacs raw material:sas1:...I could care less what they say about either of these movies.

All Eyez On Me
4/5 nikkas in the streets

Notorious
2/5 nikkas in the streets

:mjlol:

at old white man having a bias toward biggie
dem cacs could give 2 shyts bout both biggie & pac

da fact is Notorious was a better movie & that's really not saying much - it's simple the writers, cinematography and acting was much more done from a professional level then AEOM

they say a picture is worth a thousand words

AEOM writers
writers-jeremy-haft-and-eddie-gonzalez-at-the-all-eyez-on-me-premiere-picture-id696083060

Notorious writers
114783478.jpg

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: my nikka - hold dat L :russ::russ::russ:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
:hubie: aight, just seen da movie :hubie: and went into this as non bias as i could possibly be with y'all know isn't saying much but anywayz

acting -
pac & suge - were quite good even say excellent from them being non or beginning actors
afeni - was a bit over-the-top
kidada & jada - were ok at best
hill harper & dude that was nigel & pac manager with curly hair were the best
dre, snoop - shouldn't even been in da damn movie if they was gonna cast them nikkaz ( i mean that scene with snoop & angie at hot97 felt like a spoof comedy skit that could have been done on dave chappell, shyt was embarrassing)

directing -
was ok, benny being a music video maker... could have easily done a better job
when hype williams did belly - it felt like a 90 minute video, which i understand some critics didn't like but da hip hop world loved (i mean just take a look at the opening scene with nas & X as they enter the tunnel walk through the club to shoot & rob the owner - i felt benny should have had that type of effect in this movie especially with so many club night life scene in it, he simply missed on this)
i only could go away with saying .... THIS shyt BUDGET WAS 45 million ...

writing -
strictly was trash, i'm sorry u can't do a pac movie & show his up bringing without mopreme in it, although mo was sent back to live with his biological mother in Queens he was with pac as a youth in New York till they bounced to Baltimore, u can't cover pac from '91-'95 in NYC without big stretch (i mean did these cacs writers not even know the pac courthouse speech - stretch was the one that pulled him away or stretch wasn't da nikka that was with pac all day drove to quad & was the 1st nikka to walk into the studio
and who da hell is nigel - is he jimmy henchmen is he haitian jack or is he both WTF
so many mistakes in da writing - from all dat jada shyt to performing hail mary which wasn't recorded yet when that show happen to afeni being in the hospital after quad when she was in atlanta etc..etc...
and that ending could possibly be the worst ending i've seen inna long, long, long time

thought i'll never say this - i feel sorry for pac ( LT did u dirty, it's a shame he doesn't have a group of people to represent his legacy with the upmost respect in his afterlife )

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, where was Mopreme at in the movie? The really didn't have Mopreme or Big Stretch in the movie and Big Stretch produced so much music for Pac. No Treach, no mention of his ex-wife. I give it 3/5 because the actor playing Pac did such a convincing job, I think the writing and editing was sub-par.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Regarding Kevin Powell, it just shows how dumb the filmmakers were. They used Nigel as the alias for Hatian Jack; pick a fukking name Powell didn't use if you're not gonna credit him!

I saw several interviews where they were asked if the reporter was Powell and LT and Benny were like nah that's just a framing device. It's obvious to anyone that followed the story in realtime that Powell inspired that character.

He even mentioned that the cover story is about ready in the movie, another unnecessary line that indicates that the character is Powell!

Edit: and while we are on Nigel, how dumb was this exchange between Pac and BIG:

Club DJ: shoutout to our host tonight....Nigel!!!
*crowd goes wild while Nigel bops*
Pac: yo who's that?
BIG: That's Nigel.

Thanks BIG :stopitslime:

I was put off by the way they portrayed Big in this movie.

Worse energy ever.

Had a ":ld:" vibe throughout the whole movie.Every scene dragged

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't give a fukk what anyone says. ANY man who would write a film disrespecting another man's mother and insinuating that that man was also emasculated in prison without proof of EITHER occurrence shouldn't be allowed behind a camera chronicling the man's life and times

Yep...I don't think either one of these dudes(LT Hutton & John Singleton) are the man for the job.

They're both ass-hats.Pick your poison