Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a 2Pac fan and this movie,in my opinion,looked like a giant reenactment instead of acting if that makes sense. I thought Afeni's character was over doing it. And there more than a few scences where I was like wtf was that. Like that 'I get around video scence' It was cool to see but dont care to see it again.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor

The stabbing his first day in Oakland came from Pac's mouth. Not sure about kneeling but they didn't even get the police shooting right..he wasn't in a limo and it was in a park I believe. The rest of these are spot on though lol the slow motion with the limo stood out to me too. The stock footage also I forgot about that.

He did kneel like that. Mopreme has said this. He was a panther they all knew how to properly shoot.

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL @ Pac stans. :mjlol:

Overreacting for no reason as usual. :pachaha:

If you take the movie for what is it, there is no way you can't artistically take something positive from it.

- Pac actor
- Afeni actress
- Suge actor

All three certainly nailed what they had to do in order to give this film legitimacy as you watched it.

I went into the movie giving the Pac actor about a 25% chance of convincing me he was actually Pac, and about 1/2 through, he did it.

Props to him.

Props to the writing.

Pac stans will be on the wrong side of history... again. Y'all some fukking weirdos, for real.
Im assuming this was directed at me or whatever..fill me in what "wrong side of history"? Looks to me like he outlasted all of his contemporaries without even being around for last 20 yrs..he will always be more relevant than your favorite rapper. But all I wanted was a competently made movie, not a corny clip show.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im assuming this was directed at me or whatever..fill me in what "wrong side of history"? Looks to me like he outlasted all of his contemporaries without even being around for last 20 yrs..he will always be more relevant than your favorite rapper. But all I wanted was a competently made movie, not a corny clip show.

That's a great way to describe this movie.

It was exactly that

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
The movie was dope to me but the editing was horrible. Didn't take much away from the movie tho. Also, didn't like that gospel song played at the end.

Besides that I felt the whole cast was on point. Demetrius Shipp Jr did a hell of a job playing Pac. Don't think anybody can close to him in that role.

Dude who played Haitian Jack was amazing. Looking forward to this movie.

Gotta give Maino his props too. Was surprisingly good as the stick up kid :leon:

I think the trailers for this didn't do it any justice. Benny Boom is a horrible director and it shows with certain scenes in the movie. I also noticed the guy Pac got in a fight with at the fair show up in the background during the last scene with him and Jada lol

I would give the film 7/10

The rookie mistakes of Benny Boom is what brings it down

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
-The Biggie throwing the magazine across the room, in what looked like an overcooked, bad "she's cheating montage" in a bullshyt Benny Boom music video

-Another music video moment, when Jones and Pac stand on opposite sides of the door, outstretched palm to the door, I saw that coming as soon as they door closed

-Low budget shot of a Cadillac speeding around the corner, in what looked nothing like the traffic in Vegas

-The Orlando Anderson "beating" that lacked any intensity, true violence, or feeling

-The low budget of handling the scenes in MGM, shot entirely from afar with stock footage, or so close they were probably shot on a set in Canada.

-Obviously the death scenes were beyond cliche, lacking in anything redeeming. He didn't look he took 5 shots in the chest, looked like one in the stomach

-The groupie who said "You haven't heard the last word from me" :mjlol:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I'm pissed Stretch wasn't in the movie

I would have loved to see a scene with Stretch delivering the message from Jimmy Henchman

"You don't want to go to war with him, you don't even got your money right."

and then seeing 2pac record against all odds.

How was stretch not in the flick even though he was there when he got shot? :patrice: guess it's a good thing I saved my bread and didn't go see this.

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie was dope to me but the editing was horrible. Didn't take much away from the movie tho. Also, didn't like that gospel song played at the end.

Besides that I felt the whole cast was on point. Demetrius Shipp Jr did a hell of a job playing Pac. Don't think anybody can close to him in that role.

Dude who played Haitian Jack was amazing. Looking forward to this movie.

Gotta give Maino his props too. Was surprisingly good as the stick up kid :leon:

I think the trailers for this didn't do it any justice. Benny Boom is a horrible director and it shows with certain scenes in the movie. I also noticed the guy Pac got in a fight with at the fair show up in the background during the last scene with him and Jada lol

I would give the film 7/10

The rookie mistakes of Benny Boom is what brings it down
Very good analysis

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-The Biggie throwing the magazine across the room, in what looked like an overcooked, bad "she's cheating montage" in a bullshyt Benny Boom music video

-Another music video moment, when Jones and Pac stand on opposite sides of the door, outstretched palm to the door, I saw that coming as soon as they door closed

-Low budget shot of a Cadillac speeding around the corner, in what looked nothing like the traffic in Vegas

-The Orlando Anderson "beating" that lacked any intensity, true violence, or feeling

-The low budget of handling the scenes in MGM, shot entirely from afar with stock footage, or so close they were probably shot on a set in Canada.

-Obviously the death scenes were beyond cliche, lacking in anything redeeming. He didn't look he took 5 shots in the chest, looked like one in the stomach

-The groupie who said "You haven't heard the last word from me" :mjlol:
You seem like the mentor for Tarantino, Scorsese and Spielberg. Nerd ass nikkas in here make me:russ:

Yeah there were some technical mistakes (editing!) and some cheap assets/prod.values, but we actin' like we dealin' with a 150 milly budget blockbuster here:snoop:

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
You seem like the mentor for Tarantino, Scorsese and Spielberg. Nerd ass nikkas in here make me:russ:

Yeah there were some technical mistakes (editing!) and some cheap assets/prod.values, but we actin' like we dealin' with a 150 milly budget blockbuster here:snoop:

We're dealing with a story that almost tells itself and they fumbled it. They stuff they did wouldn't fly in a music video, much less a major motion picture. You never felt any real emotions the whole movie.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

shyt was 65 milly budget I believe. We've gotten WAY BETTER for WAY less.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I'm pissed Stretch wasn't in the movie

I would have loved to see a scene with Stretch delivering the message from Jimmy Henchman

"You don't want to go to war with him, you don't even got your money right."

and then seeing 2pac record against all odds.

Would have been perfect. Movie made it seem like Pac just got shot and let it under he rug. That would have been perfect to give context to Stretch and close the jimmy chapter.

I don't understand how people shyt on suge when he gets locked but still scared of jimmy and he got like 20 lifes