Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Please tell me that Maggie Murda from walking dead was supposed to be white and not a light skin chick. It couldve been the lighting but

Pac and the real Leila Steinberg.

tumblr_ncdfogZhiS1trt6xpo1_500.jpg

She said the movie made it look like she saved him when it was the other way around.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
naw jack used to extort and rob drug dealers
jimmy was

Nah, I know a lot about them, I was just being sarcastic in a kind of dumb way, to say that scene was so hamfisted and embarrassing, a fukking briefcase drug deal like "Blue Hill Avenue" or some C grade 90's movie. May as well have been in an wherehouse, with 50 armed goons.

@thaKEAF, if they couldn't find a way to make it believable or visually compelling, they should have left it out. Every scene of violence was done in such a clumsy and superficial, not to mention unrealistic way, I saw Benny Booms fingerpritnt all over those scenes, looked like extra footage from a Jadakiss video set in 03. I'll get into the Vegas scenes in a little.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Oh yeah for all those that were complaining about D. Shipp wearing a bald cap. He didnt wear a bald cap in the movie you can tell he was actually shaved. That pic was D Shipp doing a promotional performance after the movie meaning he didn't wanna shave his head :yeshrug:

Daps
I won't tolerate slander of my great value Lauryn Hill. How do you not recognize he woman playing Afeni? Danai Gurira is literally the most famous Black female action star in the world. Have you never heard of the The Walking Dead? She's also one of the leads in Black Panther as the head of the Dora Milaje. She just was added to the cast of Avengers: Infinity War. Live under a rock bruhs.
DCnqxAhUQAAA7J2.jpg:small

hbUojKT.jpg

She was the best actor in the entire film. She was chewing the fukk out of the scenery to make up for everyone else. She just needed a good director to reign her in at times. In fact, I think Benny Boom had her doing that becuase she's never acted that way before on film. Her best moments were when she emoted with her eyes without saying anything. In a better film, under better hands, she could have given something award winning. She really is a Viola Davis level actress in her other work. I still think she would be the perfect Nina Simone.
fe1TsXw.jpg

She actually was in the film called then Mother of George were her performance is much more nuanced as a timid African housewife. It's the main reason she got her role in Black Panther.
mother-of-george.jpg

Danai isn't the shadow of anyone when it comes to intelligence. She's the daughter of chemistry professors, an accomplished playwright and she has her masters. She wrote a tony nominated play that is the first all Black female production to make it to Broadway staring Lupita N'yongo. She's currently writting a script that will be produced by a white Hollywood starlit. She actually has a strong white midwestern accent, hype pitched and everything. You might not have liked how she sounded but she can't control the script. She probably could have written a better one herself.
UPTOWN_broadway_cover.jpg

@MooseMouthMthafuga

She mentioned in an interview the amount of research she did on the project. It seemed more extensive than actual writers. She must be very embarrassed by the whole thing because she cancelled all her appearances for promoting the film(except for one) and only promoted it once on social media. I just know that she can do way better than that movie and hopefully no one holds it against her.

She even tried to get in contact with Afeni.
Start at 3:40