Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed this a lot more the second time around. It will age better than its initial reception. 7/10.
You smoking some good crack. This movie has ZERO redeeming qualities. They took what should've been a slam dunk and rimmed this shyt out. The actress who played the mom needed to be reeled in, she was over the top bugged out in most her scenes. Snoop voice over lol then snoop wandering off at the airport talking to himself "its ok..ill just talk to Pac when he get back from Vegas..itll be ok" wtf?! The gun men plotting amongst themselves to rob and shoot Tupac even though "Nigel" tells them not to do nothing. Why? Jada kinda just being there popping in and out, we never get a sense of why they were as close as they were. Those goofy skits with video remakes of I get around and same song with Ship looking like a cornball. EVERYONE telling Pac "who the fukk you you talking to?" Herbing him out. The outside view of the apt right before the cops kick in the door looked like some shyt from a 80s sitcom . I can keep going. And thats not even into the factually inaccurate shyt. Movie was a embarrassment with unintentional comedy through out and insult to everything Pac stood for. Should've never been made.

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These Pac nerds comin' thru with the tiniest trivial facts:mjlol:

It's a movie you morons, not a documentary. You have zero clues how movies work, it's not for you nerd ass nikkas, it's for the masses

While far from great, it was okay enough, I already posted my thoughts earlier

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These Pac nerds comin' thru with the tiniest trivial facts:mjlol:

It's a movie you morons, not a documentary. You have zero clues how movies work, it's not for you nerd ass nikkas, it's for the masses

While far from great, it was okay enough, I already posted my thoughts earlier
This nikka talking about trivia. if you thought this was a good movie then your opinion cant be trusted on shyt and its a wonder how you make basic decisions to get through the day. How you going have a movie based on someone's life but yet the timeline and basic facts wrong?! If that's the case why not have Pac survive the 2nd shooting and go on to become the President then escape to the moon. It's one thing to take artistic or dramatic license, it's another to add in things that never happened. Pac assuming biggie knew because some random dude standing by a pool table is starring at him...huh?! Clifton Powells idiotic rant "that song couldve been recorded years ago!" "Im get you muthafukka!"

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
This nikka talking about trivia. if you thought this was a good movie then your opinion cant be trusted on shyt and its a wonder how you make basic decisions to get through the day. How you going have a movie based on someone's life but yet the timeline and basic facts wrong?! If that's the case why not have Pac survive the 2nd shooting and go on to become the President then escape to the moon. It's one thing to take artistic or dramatic license, it's another to add in things that never happened. Pac assuming biggie knew because some random dude standing by a pool table is starring at him...huh?! Clifton Powells idiotic rant "that song couldve been recorded years ago!" "Im get you muthafukka!"

Breh it is a movie, its not a book. You can't honestly expect a movie to pinpoint every single specific detail down to a the fact. For one like the man up top said that is not possible as far as the budget, time allotted, and how the cinematography works. There will always be instances where things are condensed or flipped to better the script for entertainment purposes. And I to thought it was a good movie. This is a movie of 25 years consolidated into 150 minutes. Its not enough time to make the epic we all want for Pac, but take it for what it is and stop hating. The movie is better then you fukk nikkas want to admit it was.

And the woman who played his mother gave the best performance of the whole movie.......:scust:.......after reading what you stated about that......nothing else you say has relevance........:camby:

Last edited:

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
So Many Tears x2
Same Song
Brenda's Got A Baby
I Get Around
Dear Mama
California Love
2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted
Ambitionz Az A Ridah
Hit Em Up
Hail Mary
To Live And Die in LA
Only God Can Judge Me

I think that was it. They could've done waaay better especially considering they wasted like 3 song placements at the end.

They should have used I Ain't Mad At Cha, Life Goes On, Pain, Changes, I Wonder If Heaven Got A Ghetto, Staring Through My Rearview, Me Against The World. There was plenty of opportunity for them to use his songs at points besides him recording/performing them. The only two times they did that were So Many Tears, Dear Mama and To Live and Die in LA.

Edit: How you release a 2Pac movie without an official soundtrack :snoop: The Tupac Resurrection soundtrack was dope.

Yep same thing I said earlier.

All Eyez On Me should have been the first song played
Shorty's Gonna Be A Thug while he was a kid/teenager
Panther Power as his first song
Trapped when the cops beat him up
Holla If Ya Hear Me when he shoots the cops
If I Die 2Nite & Death Around The Corner during the shooting scenes
The opening of "fukk The World" after being charged with rape
Me Against The World when the lawsuits and charges piled up
Pain during prison
Temptations when he's with the girl who called rape
Heartz Of Men when with Suge
I Ain't Mad At Cha with Jada (even tho it was over the phone when they argued)
Can't C Me when they jumped Orlando Anderson
Starin At The World Thru My Rearview during the Vegas trip
How Long Will They Mourn Me when he dies

Those were just off the top of my head. Pac literally has a song to match every situation his entire life and it would have been a great way to have people dive into his catalog.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bad reviews, limited budget, limited promo yet it still killed it at the box office. Just goes to show how huge and influential Pac still is. He's a marketing team by himself. Now just imagine how much money a Pac movie with proper production value and money behind it would actually make.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I won't tolerate slander of my great value Lauryn Hill. How do you not recognize he woman playing Afeni? Danai Gurira is literally the most famous Black female action star in the world. Have you never heard of the The Walking Dead? She's also one of the leads in Black Panther as the head of the Dora Milaje. She just was added to the cast of Avengers: Infinity War. Live under a rock bruhs.
DCnqxAhUQAAA7J2.jpg:small

hbUojKT.jpg

She was the best actor in the entire film. She was chewing the fukk out of the scenery to make up for everyone else. She just needed a good director to reign her in at times. In fact, I think Benny Boom had her doing that becuase she's never acted that way before on film. Her best moments were when she emoted with her eyes without saying anything. In a better film, under better hands, she could have given something award winning. She really is a Viola Davis level actress in her other work. I still think she would be the perfect Nina Simone.
fe1TsXw.jpg

She actually was in the film called then Mother of George were her performance is much more nuanced as a timid African housewife. It's the main reason she got her role in Black Panther.
mother-of-george.jpg

Danai isn't the shadow of anyone when it comes to intelligence. She's the daughter of chemistry professors, an accomplished playwright and she has her masters. She wrote a tony nominated play that is the first all Black female production to make it to Broadway staring Lupita N'yongo. She's currently writting a script that will be produced by a white Hollywood starlit. She actually has a strong white midwestern accent, hype pitched and everything. You might not have liked how she sounded but she can't control the script. She probably could have written a better one herself.
UPTOWN_broadway_cover.jpg

@MooseMouthMthafuga

She mentioned in an interview the amount of research she did on the project. It seemed more extensive than actual writers. She must be very embarrassed by the whole thing because she cancelled all her appearances for promoting the film(except for one) and only promoted it once on social media. I just know that she can do way better than that movie and hopefully no one holds it against her.

She even tried to get in contact with Afeni.
Start at 3:40

I'm sure she's a intelligent, talented woman.

I'm not trying to shyt on her.

I just thought her version of Afeni was a lil over the top

Like you said.....Maybe it wasn't her fault.

Seems like the whole film confused anger for passion

Has the simplistic/amateurish fingerprints of Benny Boom/LT Hutton.

Should've known they wouldn't be able to capture the otherworldly level of

spirituality/intellect that woman possessed.She was quite the charismatic speaker, to.

Pac got it from somewhere.All I saw in this movie was uncontrollable rage and bugged eyes

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
O
Breh it is a movie, its not a book. You can't honestly expect a movie to pinpoint every single specific detail down to a the fact. For one like the man up top said that is not possible as far as the budget, time allotted, and how the cinematography works. There will always be instances where things are condensed or flipped to better the script for entertainment purposes. And I to thought it was a good movie. This is a movie of 25 years consolidated into 150 minutes. Its not enough time to make the epic we all want for Pac, but take it for what it is and stop hating. The movie is better then you fukk nikkas want to admit it was.

And the woman who played his mother gave the best performance of the whole movie.......:scust:.......after reading what you stated about that......nothing else you say has relevance........:camby:
If that's the case then in Ray he shouldve been faking being blind just to get p*ssy or maybe when we get the Wu tang bio how about they make them 9 actual Asian guys who just happen to like rap. You follow me? It just being a movie is no excuse for them to do whatever they want with zero basis in reality. You can pull that shyt with fake characters but when you have real people you should ground it as close to reality as possible.

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
O

If that's the case then in Ray he shouldve been faking being blind just to get p*ssy or maybe when we get the Wu tang bio how about they make them 9 actual Asian guys who just happen to like rap. You follow me? It just being a movie is no excuse for them to do whatever they want with zero basis in reality. You can pull that shyt with fake characters but when you have real people you should ground it as close to reality as possible.
We all know stuff like Powell's character in prison didn't happen like that. I guess the entire prison stint was the lowest point of this movie, besides the end scene

That doesn't change much about Pac's story though. They did him right, if you watched from another standpoint than Pac-stan, you got the idea that he was a righteous, conflicted, excessive, extroverted, profound man

But it's for the masses, not for bucktooth/thickglassed nerds. You don't have a clue how cinema works

Yaddam Yussein

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
lol There's people who think nas set pac up.
:deadmanny: This shows how much the film was so over the place. If your a casual fan you wouldn't walk away from the movie with a connection to it you'd just be confused. They should've got an more experienced director.

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We all know stuff like Powell's character in prison didn't happen like that. I guess the entire prison stint was the lowest point of this movie, besides the end scene

That doesn't change much about Pac's story though. They did him right, if you watched from another standpoint than Pac-stan, you got the idea that he was a righteous, conflicted, excessive, extroverted, profound man

But it's for the masses, not for bucktooth/thickglassed nerds. You don't have a clue how cinema works
Speak for yourself you low expectation having muthafuka. This movie had ZERO character development. They were all poor caricatures. They said he was revolutionary but what did he do or say to emphasizethat to the audience? oh they showed him starring at a mom and her kids. fukk outta here, admit your easily entertained and keep it moving, there are plenty of bio flicks where we get a sense of why these people were revered in life and even more so in death. This was not one of those films and they had 2 and a half hours to tell a coherent story yet thins was a uneven disjointed piece of shyt. These two (biggie and 2pac)monumental artist that were so important to hip hop and music in general deserved better than these blatant cash grabs.

Last edited:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
I saw it last night it was cool :ehh: better than Notorious :yeshrug:
Dude who played Pac nailed it in my opinion. It's going to be hard for him to get taken serious in any other role after this one :mjcry:
Problem I had with the movie is that it totally IMPOSSIBLE to cram Pac's life into a 2 hours movie. I'm sure a mini series will eventually get made considering the fact the studios see how much people STILL have interest in his story. :feedme:

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
LOL @ Pac stans. :mjlol:

Overreacting for no reason as usual. :pachaha:

If you take the movie for what is it, there is no way you can't artistically take something positive from it.

- Pac actor
- Afeni actress
- Suge actor

All three certainly nailed what they had to do in order to give this film legitimacy as you watched it.

I went into the movie giving the Pac actor about a 25% chance of convincing me he was actually Pac, and about 1/2 through, he did it.

Props to him.

Props to the writing.

Pac stans will be on the wrong side of history... again. Y'all some fukking weirdos, for real.