Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Uh Oh! Tupac’s Estate Allegedly Compares ‘All Eyez On Me’ To Lifetime’s Aaliyah Biopic

• fameolous__Tupac's family cannot speak on the 'All eyez on me' or his estate due to contract so I will. Tupac family isn't happy with the movie and before Tupac's mother passed she wanted @johnsingleton to produce the film, not LT Hutton. John had a better script from the receipts I have. In particular, John was going to tell the untold story about Left Eye and Tupac relationship that a lot of people don't know about. The story about John having a rape scene isn't true! The film was rushed and they only spent around 48 days on the entire movie. You may have noticed Tupac's estate who runs his Instagram account @2pac has yet to promote the movie @50centis not hating when he says the movie is not put together correctly.... he just knows the public has been played by this producer who put out the film despite many people disagreeing. As a director of movies and hit show series... 50cent respectfully has a duty to give you the real. The truth is most of the people promoting the movie 2Pac didn't even like or was beefing with before his death. This version of the movie originally was suppose to be the "next Aaliyah movie" & we all know how that played out. John Singleton script is the real movie and the one Tupac's mother wanted for her son legacy. I never met John or ever spoken to him I'm just giving y'all the real tea as always. Although Demetrius Shipp Jr was a great actor in this film... he wasn't the first choice despite the lies that were told on The Breakfast Club by LT. In fact, In 2015 actor (@MarccRose ) who played Tupac at the end of the Compton movie was the person who they wanted to play in 'All Eyez On Me'. (Those Receipts are available as well (text messages). However, Marc decided he didn't want to do it. MarccRose walked away because John Singleton left and he found out Afeni Shakur was not on board. Jada Pickett Smith was never contacted by LT Hutton or handed the script to approve. Originally, Jada was in the talks of being consulted when John Singleton was there but before it could get there LT Hutton shut it down by firing John Singleton and going his own route. Now we all know if Tupac was alive Jada would have at least read it.... SWIPE
:francis:Yup, fukk this movie. I'll illegally download and watch when the e-streets get fed.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
movie was bad, wasn't aaliyah biopic bad, but it wasn't ready for the big screen, coulda been a BET special. the pacing and cuts were really bad, especially at the beginning. they basically glanced over everything, i don't think they brought any depth or dynamism to anything, this movie added nothing to the story of pac, it basically felt like they took a timeline of Pac events and recreated those scenes and sewed them together to create a film. the dialogue was garbage for like the first 20-30 minutes as well, it took that long for breh playing pac to have more than 5 words of dialogue strung together - and wtf @ his limp birdman hands throughout the film :dead:. a lot of scenes really showed his lack of experience, there was no conviction behind a lot of his reads - i mean i don't expect people to truly capture the passion and charisma of pac, but breh sounded like he was at his first read in some scenes.

4/10 movie, i actually gave my guy his money back since i suggested going to see this lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
18161718_791614214331183_9148598653391208448_n.jpg

18812196_709233169284203_1942666179596255232_n.jpg

19122179_312104812571649_5093141007516565504_n.jpg

Pac stans:wow:

Daps
I give it a 5.5-6/10 for being an entertaining brief review of my favorite rapper's life.
Shipp did his thing, couldn't have gotten anything closer.
Shock G was on point.
Points off for Afeni's actress' exaggerated acting, the Snoop dub, old people playing their own younger selves and skipping quickly through his life.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
how are yall saying the acting was on point, breh playing pac was not good, yall giving him credit for looking like pac, his performance was so unconvincing.

Personally, I thought D Shipp's portrayal of Pac was the highlight of the movie:yeshrug:

That oughta tell you something.This first time actor outclassed the whole production team.

They let him down

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Despite the poor reviews and mixed reactions the movie gonna open close to $30M. Notorious made $36M in total. Obviously we starved for a Pac movie but damn I ain't heard many good things :patrice:

lets not turn this into a biggie vs pac thing

for the record
Notorious budget was $18mill and it did $20mill in its opening week
AEOM budget was $45mill and it did $27mill in its opening week

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Personally, I thought D Shipp's portrayal of Pac was the highlight of the movie:yeshrug:

That oughta tell you something.This first time actor outclassed the whole production team.

They let him down

I forget the exact details but I remember, maybe even earlier on in this thread somebody mentioning that they had to rush production on the movie before they lost the rights to it. Like this was some kinda hail mary (bleh...)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I forget the exact details but I remember, maybe even earlier on in this thread somebody mentioning that they had to rush production on the movie before they lost the rights to it. Like this was some kinda hail mary (bleh...)

Yeah I believe they had to start production before January 2016.....They started shooting like 2 weeks before that deadline

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look at the production company behind this movie wtf ...kinda bootleg shyt is this. https://www.lionsgate.com/he/codeblack
How do they get the rights to a 2Pac movie?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

lets not turn this into a biggie vs pac thing

for the record
Notorious budget was $18mill and it did $20mill in its opening week
AEOM budget was $45mill and it did $27mill in its opening week

You are being a stan right now. I'm simply comparing it to other hip-hop films in terms of how it was performing. Then you come in with the :cape: