Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Just saw it.

All I have to say is shot outs to Demetrius Shipp.

The producer/director failed that man.

Personally, I think he put in a fantastic effort.

Especially for it being his first acting gig.

Think he could've done an even better job

given a better director/ script.

The rest of the movie, :ld:

One other thing, they turned Afeni into one of the angriest black women ever put on film:pachaha:

They could've added a lil "chill" and still got the point across.They didn't really do a good job

of capturing her "high caliber" intellect.She seemed typically smart & angry

When really she was extraordinarily intelligent/clever/cool when dealing with the "powers that be"

This woman went solo dolo against COINTELPRO and broke they azz down in the court of law.

This raging lady in the movie was a shell of Afeni.Her best scenes were the prison visit & when she met Kidada
You been the most passionate about this movie sorry it dissapointed breh :mjcry:

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
also him recording california love, I ain't mad at cha and ambitions as a ridah back to back to back in the same studio. I know he made that album fast but :comeon:.

Also the Outlawz being with him at points where they weren't even around him like that before he got out of prison.

Ambitionz Az A Ridah was the first song he recorded 2 hrs after he landed and I Ain't Mad At Cha was the 2nd. Whole album was done in two weeks. He had all the studios at Can-Am locked out simultaneously.
The Making of 2Pac's 'All Eyez on Me' Album (XXL October 2004 Issue) - XXL

The Outlawz actually were always around Pac from the jump and moved with him around the 1992 Juice era. In the Marin County shooting they were with him and actually carried Pac's gun in their backpack. During the fight, Pac called for the gun, got it and dropped it. Mopreme picked it up, started shooting and a stray hit the lil boy. They found the gun (which was registered to Pac) in the bushes along with Mopreme's drivers license. The bullets that killed the kid were traced back to Pac's gun. They settled out of court in 1995. It's of note that Pac's lawyer said that his client was a hair away from bankruptcy due to all the lawsuits and legal issues.

Here's the articles (they talked about all of it on the Thug Immortal documentary too)
PAGE ONE -- Marin City Haunted By Boy's Shooting / Wrongful death trial about to begin

Parents, rapper settle suit

Last edited:
Daps
This shyt was trash.

First half was probably the worst hour i've seen in a movie. When you doing a biopic on someone as visceral, as moving, as legendary as 2pac, you have to build them. You need to not only show, but embrace the aspects in their childhood that influence their character later. That first half looked like the script writers/director looked at a wikipedia article for 2pac and used it as their primary resource when they had to write an exam on him the next day. They were snapshots, puzzle pieces so strung out from each other that what we saw was his life from the distorted lens of painted glass. Either the video editor was trash from the jump cosigning that cut, or he was woke and looked at it like :francis: but could do nothing due to the powers that be. Terrible, terrible use of fade outs and dissolves.

But yo... it's ironic that there was so many references to Shakespeare in this film, because 2pac's life itself is a Shakespearean Tragedy. His greatest traits: love for his people, loyalty, and unbridled passion become his achilles heel when that love is betrayed and his loyalty falls in line with toxic people. Yet for as many times they spoke of Shakespeare, the team behind this movie could not give this film the Shakespearean quality it deserved.

3/10, i'm going to watch Malcolm X

edit: i'm actually way more salty about this movie than this post lets on, but if i go all the way off i'll be here forever... so ima chill for now...

Last edited:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another problem with the film is they don't show how Legs smoked crack and was the one that introduced Afeni to it.
story telling in the movie sucked
also, they got the hotel situation wrong
pac and the girl were in the room together, dem nikkas busted in and pac left them alone with the girl

in the movie pac was turning down p*ssy to go to sleep and shyt lol

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PAC is my favorite artist and I consider myself somewhat of a historian on his life. Been waiting for this movie since Tupac Resurrection which is better than this. Shipp did a good job but Hutton and Boom are amateurs and it showed throughout the movie. I barely remember Notorious but Straight Outta Compton was better than this. I'd give this like a 7 or 7.5 compared to SOC like an 8.5. The beginning to when he became a solo artist felt cheesy and cartoonish. They tried to use the prison interviews to easily tell stories but there was still a lot they failed to tell through the actual story. When did he start writing poetry and getting into raps? You see the MC New York clothes but we never see him go by it or any pre digital underground music like Panther Power.

The girl who played Jada sounded just like her but a lot of her scenes seemed forced. Like they just had her pop up randomly because they had a relationship. I hated then juice haircut wig they had him wear lol shoudve just had him grown his actual hair. Having Snoop do his own voice had everyone laughing each time he talked, I don't know if that was intentional or not lol. The inaccuracies like him performing Hail Mary, a modern sounding e40 song playing , a fukking modern outlaws song playing when they are in vegas :snoop: also him recording california love, I ain't mad at cha and ambitions as a ridah back to back to back in the same studio. I know he made that album fast but .:comeon:

I hated the ending. It wasn't shot or edited to the point where it made you like :mjcry:. The loud ass gospel music and like I said the music they listened to in the car was :snoop:. They could've played until the end of time, staring through my rearview or changes. Also the Outlawz being with him at points where they weren't even around him like that before he got out of prison. The hotel scene with all the women was funny but all of those bytches looked like ig models not how women were dressing in the 90s. Also that fake ass freestyle biggie kicked at the PAC show :unsure:

What I did like was like I said Shipp did a good job overall outside of the music video renactments. Some of the more popular PAC interviews he killed like talking to the judge and outside the courthouse. Like that they included the Juice and Above the Rim scenes (should've had Poetic Justice). They included a lot of the stories that youngsters or people who weren't really fans wouldn't know. The kid getting killed in Marin city, shooting at the cops, how hanging around the wrong guys got him shot and the alleged rape..also his financial struggles. My favorite scenes were with his mom in prison (Dear Mama had me :mjcry:), when he heard Who Shot Ya and is like :ohhh: and the hotel "rape" scene which was the most intense in the movie to me. I also like some of the soundtrack selections like PE and Kells.

He made the entire double album in two week. He recorded like over 300 songs during his last few months of his life at that. How'd you NOT believe he record that fast?

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
i enjoyed the film

this was an important film for not just hip hop and black movies, but for black history. 2pac represents the modern black man and a black man, black men today could actually relate to. An estellar job shouldve been a must.

But Hollywood is for the money so you already know how that goes.

cool flim, but it is what it is. This movie was enjoyable.