spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Good movie
Felt rushed though
And they did a poor job of telling and elaborating on stories
And some of the stories were straight up lies ( pac didnt see biggie when he got off the elevator, biggie wasnt denied access to see pac at hospital etc)
I enjoyed a lot of the earlier stuff before the shooting
I enjoyed the snoop scenes too
Hated the ending, they could of did something with the days he was alivr after the shooting

Movie felt very lifetime ish tho
6/10
Definitely worth a watch tho
Nwa was way better

Notorious was better too, it was more organized and had a better flow and presentation
If u saying that horrible movie was better than this shyt must be abysmal. This is the problem. A movie about someone with as much going on as Pac should've been light years ahead of Notorious.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it.

All I have to say is shot outs to Demetrius Shipp.

The producer/director failed that man.

Personally, I think he put in a fantastic effort.

Especially for it being his first acting gig.

Think he could've done an even better job

given a better director/ script.

The rest of the movie, :ld:

One other thing, they turned Afeni into one of the angriest black women ever put on film:pachaha:

They could've added a lil "chill" and still got the point across.They didn't really do a good job

of capturing her "high caliber" intellect.She seemed typically smart & angry

When really she was extraordinarily intelligent/clever/cool when dealing with the "powers that be"

This woman went solo dolo against COINTELPRO and broke they azz down in the court of law.

This raging lady in the movie was a shell of Afeni.Her best scenes were the prison visit & when she met Kidada

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Just saw it.

One other thing, they turned Afeni into one of the angriest black women ever put on film:pachaha:

They could've added a lil "chill" and still got the point across.They didn't really do a good job

When really she was extraordinarily intelligent/clever/cool when dealing with the "powers that be"

This woman went solo dolo against COINTELPRO and broke they azz down in the court of law.

This raging lady in the movie was a shell of Afeni.Her best scenes were the prison visit & when she met Kidada
Was it better than u thought it would be?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was it better than u thought it would be?

The first 20 mins had me :scust:....It was actually WORST than I thought it was.

But after that, it went from lackluster, to slightly decent the rest of the way.

Like I'd give the first 20 mins a "D-" because of pace editing.

The last hour or so a "C"

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If u saying that horrible movie was better than this shyt must be abysmal. This is the problem. A movie about someone with as much going on as Pac should've been light years ahead of Notorious.
Notorious was easier to make because biggies story is a easier one to tell
Plus im sure there were more seasoned producers and writers in biggies movie
I personally didnt mind biggies movie
Thought it was good besides the fact that they kept painting puff like some fukking angel
shyt was sad as fukk when he died at the end too

Pac's ending felt so forced

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Notorious was easier to make because biggies story is a easier one to tell
Plus im sure there were more seasoned producers and writers in biggies movie
I personally didnt mind biggies movie
Thought it was good besides the fact that they kept painting puff like some fukking angel
shyt was sad as fukk when he died at the end too

Pac's ending felt so forced
That Biggie movie had so much wrong with it I can't even begin to start pointing it out.

King Karim

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it.

Cac

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
PAC is my favorite artist and I consider myself somewhat of a historian on his life. Been waiting for this movie since Tupac Resurrection which is better than this. Shipp did a good job but Hutton and Boom are amateurs and it showed throughout the movie. I barely remember Notorious but Straight Outta Compton was better than this. I'd give this like a 7 or 7.5 compared to SOC like an 8.5. The beginning to when he became a solo artist felt cheesy and cartoonish. They tried to use the prison interviews to easily tell stories but there was still a lot they failed to tell through the actual story. When did he start writing poetry and getting into raps? You see the MC New York clothes but we never see him go by it or any pre digital underground music like Panther Power.

The girl who played Jada sounded just like her but a lot of her scenes seemed forced. Like they just had her pop up randomly because they had a relationship. I hated then juice haircut wig they had him wear lol shoudve just had him grown his actual hair. Having Snoop do his own voice had everyone laughing each time he talked, I don't know if that was intentional or not lol. The inaccuracies like him performing Hail Mary, a modern sounding e40 song playing , a fukking modern outlaws song playing when they are in vegas :snoop: also him recording california love, I ain't mad at cha and ambitions as a ridah back to back to back in the same studio. I know he made that album fast but :comeon:.

I hated the ending. It wasn't shot or edited to the point where it made you like :mjcry:. The loud ass gospel music and like I said the music they listened to in the car was :snoop:. They could've played until the end of time, staring through my rearview or changes. Also the Outlawz being with him at points where they weren't even around him like that before he got out of prison. The hotel scene with all the women was funny but all of those bytches looked like ig models not how women were dressing in the 90s. Also that fake ass freestyle biggie kicked at the PAC show :unsure:

What I did like was like I said Shipp did a good job overall outside of the music video renactments. Some of the more popular PAC interviews he killed like talking to the judge and outside the courthouse. Like that they included the Juice and Above the Rim scenes (should've had Poetic Justice). They included a lot of the stories that youngsters or people who weren't really fans wouldn't know. The kid getting killed in Marin city, shooting at the cops, how hanging around the wrong guys got him shot and the alleged rape..also his financial struggles. My favorite scenes were with his mom in prison (Dear Mama had me :mjcry:), when he heard Who Shot Ya and is like :ohhh: and the hotel "rape" scene which was the most intense in the movie to me. I also like some of the soundtrack selections like PE and Kells.