Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone peep Lt on the TBC when he said the movie budget was around 30 milly but i thought it was 45 milly why does the number keep dwindling? :patrice:

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
a review from a woman on another site

I don't want to give away too much because it just came out TODAY. Geesh. But I couldn't wait to discuss it with others here, who have seen it or who atleast do not mind some spoilers.

I liked the movie. I almost don't understand why so many people seemed to have complained already.

Let me just say the personal issues I had with it: The emphasis on his love life and women. Out of all male rappers and artists, Tupac was one of those who were the LEAST known to have one. Like when you think of tupac, his love life is the last thing you even worry about or think about. He never emphasized it nor was it ever exposed alot. But sooo much of the movie was made about that. I think some sex/sexy/love dubby scenes could have been taken out.

With the Jada thing tho, sure they highlighted him and her and made up shyt, but when you see that movie, it was damn obvious that they were never together and that they LIKED each other, and as far as I was concerned that was true. Jada didn't need to say anything tbh.

But besides that I think it was a good movie. I feel like certain people were thrown off about the movie because it was clearly more political than ANYTHING. Although tupac is a rapper, they didn't emphasize that aspect of him as much as they did his political arguments and what he went through in prison, the law, society. It was REAL mature shyt, him and his mom were reciting amendments in the movie lol. I think people didn't like nor expect that. They wanted more rap and maybe even beef coverage.

I personally don't mind because I think today its important. Its important that the things he said as far as our people and society go, is put back out there. And it literally was, they quoted him like hell in the movie. Its good stuff to put out there, its good messages. And I don't think I talk about it much here, but I am actually a tupac stan. I admire the hell out of him, I am a heterosexual female, but his good looks are actually the last thing I care about him. He was a smart man to me and I love the things he said and his raps. I know every single song and damn near love every song he has made.

So, I appreciated him as a person and the things he had to say. As a teen I used to watch his interviews all the time, which is why I recognized when he was being quoted in the movie. So, I appreciate them focusing more on what he believed about the world and his perception in the movie. Its one of the things I appreciate the most about him. I didn't mind the movie highlighting it so much

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Very little outside of the start with his childhood. You never really feel his passion.

Yeah the editing was piss poor and left so many loose ends. The whole Pac vs Bad Boy beef wasnt even mentioned much or explained.
Hold the fukk up. The biggest part of his career which lead to death and headlines for the better part of 2 years..... wasn't even fukking a major part of the story

:camby::camby::camby:

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Disappointing, but not a total disaster. The movie has its moments.

Direction and editing were subpar. Boom wasn't ready for a project this big. The editor won an Oscar for Unforgiven but mailed this one in.

Shipp was good, but his voice was an issue at times. I really disagree with some choices,
like skimming over the audition for DU and going long stretches without any of Pac's music. Suge and Pac's convo in the car and the whole death scene were poorly done. In reality they were pulled over and given a citation for loud music moments before the photo and the shooting. I was surprised that was omitted and instead we got a long shot of Pac laying on the ground with a blank expression. Didn't include him cussing out the cop either.

The protection of Puff/Bad Boy hurt the movie. Why turn down "who shot ya" right before "u rewind this, Bad Boy's behind this"? If anything that would have put the proper exclamation point on the scene. With so many condensed scenes, others felt stretched out, fukking up the pacing. Atron lingering in his last appearance pissed me off, like stop wasting screentime.

They focused on the euphanasia medallion during the Vegas fight without ever explaining its significance. My wife isn't familiar with the details and had a bunch of these moments where she felt lost because she lacked assumed knowledge. She thought the first half was boring, but got into the death row portion of the movie.

I understand making Nigel a composite character but why did he vanish after Pac got out of jail? The beef wasn't explained properly. Pac's paranoia wasn't explored at all, he just seemed to be holding a grudge out of pride. How do you not include the phone calls he was getting in the hospital? No explanation of why he wanted to leave, the continuation of the threat, and then those characters just disappeared.

Also, I'm amazed Leila Steinberg co-signed this movie with how they minimized her character's role in it. They didn't show one shot of Pac reading in it that I recall. A reading/working out montage in prison to "When I get Free II" is a no-brainer to me but we didn't get a moment close to that. Maybe how they used "Dear Mama" or "So Many Tears" came closest. There should have been more of those.

If anything this movie just confirmed to me that Pac's full story has to be done in a miniseries where runtime is not an issue and you can just do more episodes instead of rushing through and skipping over things. Plus with characters popping in and out all the time it fits the format better than having people show up and disappear constantly throughout a movie.

If there is another attempt at this in movie form, they need to get more qualified people. Singleton might have made some choices I hated, but I'm sure his movie would have been a better film.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Disappointing, but not a total disaster. The movie has its moments.

Direction and editing were subpar. Boom wasn't ready for a project this big. The editor won an Oscar for Unforgiven but mailed this one in.

Shipp was good, but his voice was an issue at times. I really disagree with some choices,
like skimming over the audition for DU and going long stretches without any of Pac's music. Suge and Pac's convo in the car and the whole death scene were poorly done. In reality they were pulled over and given a citation for loud music moments before the photo and the shooting. I was surprised that was omitted and instead we got a long shot of Pac laying on the ground with a blank expression. Didn't include him cussing out the cop either.

The protection of Puff/Bad Boy hurt the movie. Why turn down "who shot ya" right before "u rewind this, Bad Boy's behind this"? If anything that would have put the proper exclamation point on the scene. With so many condensed scenes, others felt stretched out, fukking up the pacing. Atron lingering in his last appearance pissed me off, like stop wasting screentime.

They focused on the euphanasia medallion during the Vegas fight without ever explaining its significance. My wife isn't familiar with the details and had a bunch of these moments where she felt lost because she lacked assumed knowledge. She thought the first half was boring, but got into the death row portion of the movie.

I understand making Nigel a composite character but why did he vanish after Pac got out of jail? The beef wasn't explained properly. Pac's paranoia wasn't explored at all, he just seemed to be holding a grudge out of pride. How do you not include the phone calls he was getting in the hospital? No explanation of why he wanted to leave, the continuation of the threat, and then those characters just disappeared.

Also, I'm amazed Leila Steinberg co-signed this movie with how they minimized her character's role in it. They didn't show one shot of Pac reading in it that I recall. A reading/working out montage in prison to "When I get Free II" is a no-brainer to me but we didn't get a moment close to that. Maybe how they used "Dear Mama" or "So Many Tears" came closest. There should have been more of those.

If anything this movie just confirmed to me that Pac's full story has to be done in a miniseries where runtime is not an issue and you can just do more episodes instead of rushing through and skipping over things. Plus with characters popping in and out all the time it fits the format better than having people show up and disappear constantly throughout a movie.

If there is another attempt at this in movie form, they need to get more qualified people. Singleton might have made some choices I hated, but I'm sure his movie would have been a better film.
Leila Steinberg had an issue with how they portrayed her and she said that she didn't discover Pac. Pac discovered her and the movie fukked up their whole dynamic. She said it made it seem like she saved him or some shyt when that wasn't the case.