Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Do they show anything of him shooting Above The Rim? I remember there was a casting call for Leon :mjlol:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
It's not the voice as much as the charm, passion and conviction is missing. Suge always as a quiet menace about him where even when laughing you can feel it can get ugly at any second.

It's like they had Shipp watch Pac but not actually listen, study and empathize with him. It's like he's reading lines and he's not able to do on the fly impersonations similar to how Jamie Foxx can do Ray at the drop of a hat.

Word

Suge is low-key just as hard to play as 2pac is.

Suge has that incredible charisma mixed with a teddy bear like charm with a downright dark sense of humor/low-key menace to him.

No one has seemed to be able to capture him in any of these movies from SOC to Notorious to All Eyez on Me.

Look at how hilarious Suge is while still managing to be threatening

9:38

Everyone who plays Suge is way too heavy handed. It's frustrating to watch and his characters are always written to be caricatures and not a real human being. It's why we all loved the Wire. Everyone had depth to them. It wasn't just good guys and bad guys. Avon was a fukking Kingpin and we could see the humanity in him. Omar's robbed drug dealers but he was a human. These movies are turning Suge Knight into a one dimensional bully.

This movie would have been better off showing a big brother/little brother relationship with Suge and 2pac (while Suge fukks him quietly on his royalties)

The movie acts like 2pac didn't record this song for Suge

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
@<<TheStandard>> absolutely right.

Snoop's been defending Suge as well. We shouldn't forget he:

- Got Dre off Ruthless
- Got Snoop off a murder trial
- Gave Pac a new lease on life after jail

Sure a lot of it was strategic and selfish but they're making him out to be Thanos in these movies. I think AYOM actually did a slightly better job than SOC did in this case, as we at least see how he was cool with Pac as well.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
@<<TheStandard>> absolutely right.

Snoop's been defending Suge as well. We shouldn't forget he:

- Got Dre off Ruthless
- Got Snoop off a murder trial
- Gave Pac a new lease on life after jail

Sure a lot of it was strategic and selfish but they're making him out to be Thanos in these movies. I think AYOM actually did a slightly better job than SOC did in this case, as we at least see how he was cool with Pac as well.
I did like that that they had 2pac even barking on suge in this,showing 2pac put the battery in suge back just as much as vice versa.

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
:stopitslime: I'm not gonna go out and support some bullshyt if it's shytting on Pac and protecting diddy :camby:

It's definitely not shytting on Pac. In fact I think it sometimes plays it almost too safe in only trying to show factual events instead of telling a cohesive story.

It DOES protect Dre and forget to mention Diddy :yeshrug:

Support breh.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's definitely not shytting on Pac. In fact I think it sometimes plays it almost too safe in only trying to show factual events instead of telling a cohesive story.

It DOES protect Dre and forget to mention Diddy :yeshrug:

Support breh.
I'm torn. Its hard to believe any film that omits the relationship Pac had with those two doesn't have some kind of agenda. Either that or they've been pull some shady moves behind the scenes which is very likely.

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I did like that that they had 2pac even barking on suge in this,showing 2pac put the battery in suge back just as much as vice versa.

Yep Pac had a temper and this movie doesn't shy away from it.

In all stages of his life he was dealing with dudes way more dangerous than he was but not backing down. From the drug dealers supplying his mom in Baltimore to the snitch named Haitian Jack, "Nigel, in NY to the Crips/Suge in LA.

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I'm torn. Its hard to believe any film that omits the relationship Pac had with those two doesn't have some kind of agenda. Either that or they've been pull some shady moves behind the scenes which is very likely.

Benny's real cool with both of them so I'm guessing he played it safe.

Honestly as much as I agree that it's weird and even WRONG, the movie's so stuffed with Pac's life that it almost didn't need it.

Pac's beef with Dre isn't needed to tell this story, and Pac's beef with Puff is still semi-told through his beef with BIG and the Bloods mentioning that "them Bad Boy b!tches" put a bounty on DR chains.