Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
I'mma go see this in a few hours and give a review as an in-depth Pac fan who's seen every documentary on him. I don't really have alotta hope for it knowing how the production of this went and the shady stuff that was done.

Here's an article on it for those that may have missed it. I'm not big on conspiracy theory part at the end of this article but even still you gotta remember how hated the Black Panthers are by the FBI even in 2017.
Afeni's Non Approval Of Tupac Biopic May Have Lead To Her Death -

Here's another post

"The company making the biopic (Morgan Creek) sued Afeni Shakur for the movie rights to make the biopic about her son.

Afeni fired back with a $10 million cross-complaint saying that Morgan Creek, topper James Robinson and others tried to strong-arm a deal for Tupac movie rights, then sabotaged the project when Amaru Entertainment attempted to set it up elsewhere.

"Instead of negotiating in good faith with (Amaru), they sought to obtain the rights by concocting a non-existent 'agreement' and engaging in heavy-handed threats, coercion and intimidation to interfere with and ultimately destroy the film project," Amaru says.

What's more, just days after the Biggie Smalls biopic "Notorious" grossed more than $20 million in it's opening weekend, Morgan Creek execs allegedly arranged a conference call with an Amaru attorney to "accept" the counter-offer and began telling other studios and producers that Morgan Creek owned rights to the project.

"This was a sleazy and illegal ploy to coerce (Amaru) into a deal," says the cross-complaint, which demands millions in damages for derailing talks with potential studios and producers.

Also named in the cross-complaint are Morgan Creek legal executive Don Hardison and consultant LT Hutton.

If you recall at the end of 2015 Morgan Creek rushed in to production on the biopic, why? Because the Tupac music rights would be reverted back to Afeni Shakur if the biopic was not in production by the end of 2015, meaning they would have no Tupac music to use in the biopic."

Last edited:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Got a review from a reliable source, movie sounds even worse than I thought. This is a money grab off of Pac's name plain and simple. This shyt is some true Hip Hop blasphemy there should've never been a movie made to begin with. I'll just live my life acting like this piece of shyt of a film doesn't exist. Now I see why he feared reincarnation.......:pachaha: :snoop:

I'mma go see this in a few hours and give a review as an in-depth Pac fan who's seen every documentary on him. I don't really have alotta hope for it knowing how the production of this went and the shady stuff that was done.

Here's an article on it for those that may have missed it
Afeni's Non Approval Of Tupac Biopic May Have Lead To Her Death -

Here's another post

"The company making the biopic (Morgan Creek) sued Afeni Shakur for the movie rights to make the biopic about her son.

Afeni fired back with a $10 million cross-complaint saying that Morgan Creek, topper James Robinson and others tried to strong-arm a deal for Tupac movie rights, then sabotaged the project when Amaru Entertainment attempted to set it up elsewhere.

"Instead of negotiating in good faith with (Amaru), they sought to obtain the rights by concocting a non-existent 'agreement' and engaging in heavy-handed threats, coercion and intimidation to interfere with and ultimately destroy the film project," Amaru says.

What's more, just days after the Biggie Smalls biopic "Notorious" grossed more than $20 million in it's opening weekend, Morgan Creek execs allegedly arranged a conference call with an Amaru attorney to "accept" the counter-offer and began telling other studios and producers that Morgan Creek owned rights to the project.

"This was a sleazy and illegal ploy to coerce (Amaru) into a deal," says the cross-complaint, which demands millions in damages for derailing talks with potential studios and producers.

Also named in the cross-complaint are Morgan Creek legal executive Don Hardison and consultant LT Hutton.

If you recall at the end of 2015 Morgan Creek rushed in to production on the biopic, why? Because the Tupac music rights would be reverted back to Afeni Shakur if the biopic was not in production by the end of 2015, meaning they would have no Tupac music to use in the biopic."

Yeah, that's the type of stench on this movie. In the end Pac doesn't have anyone on the level of a Puffy to defend his memory and legacy. If Suge wasn't so broke he should've refused to have his likeness used in the movie in any way. Any Pac movie that Puffy would co-sign is 100% suspect.

Petty Crocker

Looking GREAT in my 30s
Daps
I think for the length of the movie, they did the best they could. Tupac needs a mini series.

I also think they should have shown his relationships with other artists that he worked with outside of Deathrow and the impact he had on them.

Also the worlds reaction to his death would have been nice.

For the younger generation that is curious to Tupac's rise and untimely death, it will be a good starting point.

For old heads like myself who watched the shyt unfold live, somethings could have been touched on more.

Its a good movie I just think people put this shyt on a pedestal and have unrealistic expectations. He's not here to provide his input so of course it will be watered down.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Yeah, that's the type of stench on this movie. In the end Pac doesn't have anyone on the level of a Puffy to defend his memory and legacy. If Suge wasn't so broke he should've refused to have his likeness used in the movie in any way. Any Pac movie that Puffy would co-sign is 100% suspect.

Yeah Pac has the most mishandled legacy of any dead music superstar and a large part of that is due to his rivals gaining power while his friends lost theirs. No reason there shouldn't have been "I Miss You/We'll Always Love Big Poppa" tributes left and right for Pac, but the fall of Death Row killed all of that. Only two real Pac tribue songs were Naughty By Nature & Yukmouth, and even Treach said it was a shame that his was the first and it took a year for a Pac tribute song when Big got one in weeks. Afeni's mismanagement of the music along with Death Row going into bankrupcy really cripples everything.

Nobody is going against Puffy tho because he can get you blackballed the same way you won't get a real Motown story untl Berry Gordy dies. Sad but true.

Petty Crocker

Looking GREAT in my 30s
Daps
How they do with the clothes, cars, etc of the times?

When he got off the plane in his Versace shirt I was like :blessed:

I think they nailed it clothing wise.

I snuck off and saw it last night alone..but Im seeing it again tonight. So it will be nice to see how more people react to it after reading these reviews.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I will watch the film at some point but I can tell that im not gonna love it. Im gonna be critqueing the shyt out of it instead of just enjoying it for what it is. To this day, I hate the Notorious movie because of how poorly it was made. Straight Outta Compton wasnt Perfect but was very entertaining.

Its just too hard to pull off a 2Pac movie imo especially if theres agendas and fukkery behind the scenes. I would had preferred a mini series just like The New Edition story.

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
I will watch the film at some point but I can tell that im not gonna love it. Im gonna be critqueing the shyt out of it instead of just enjoying it for what it is. To this day, I hate the Notorious movie because of how poorly it was made. Straight Outta Compton wasnt Perfect but was very entertaining.

Its just too hard to pull off a 2Pac movie imo especially if theres agendas and fukkery behind the scenes. I would had preferred a mini series just like The New Edition story.
it's better than Notorious if that makes u feel better lol.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
When he got off the plane in his Versace shirt I was like :blessed:

I think they nailed it clothing wise.

I snuck off and saw it last night alone..but Im seeing it again tonight. So it will be nice to see how more people react to it after reading these reviews.
Was the theatre packed?

Did you have to buy tickets early?