Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
As far people not sounding exactly alike I think that's expected. They were lucky enough to find someone who looked and acted so much like 2pac. You can forgive the voice.

They don't have a cloning machine it's never going to be 1 to 1.

And when somebody did sound exactly like the person (the snoop actor) it actually came off funny and awkward because it was so damn exact.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As far people not sounding exactly alike I think that's expected. They were lucky enough to find someone who looked and acted so much like 2pac. You can forgive the voice.

They don't have a cloning machine it's never going to be 1 to 1.

And when somebody did sound exactly like the person (the snoop actor) it actually came off funny and awkward because it was so damn exact.

One of the brehs I was with was convinced it was snoop doing the voiceover :mjlol:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That ending was trash

Basically.

Just got out.

Let me just say,people concerned about this being some kind of hit piece or disrespectful to 2pac can put that to bed.

This is absolutely not that. The movie is respectful of the man and his legacy. The way they handled the rape charges and the events of how it happened made clear of that.

However,this is a paint by numbers biopic. This isn't going to blow you away,and it's not breaking molds.

The film is perfunctory and point by point of his life.

It's not a deep dissection of the man. It simply takes from event to event as a recap

Shipp is great. He looks like the man,had the mannerisms down and loses himself in the role.

The film even went a couple places I was genuinely surprised by touching on snoop/2pac beef at the end. Or his relationship with kidada.

There is a couple of eye rolling parts. The omission of the dre beef is strange. Suge is once again painted as a one note villain with no sides to him.

The acting and budget is fine,they recreate some scenes very faithfully. The jada/2pac relationship is a highlight of the film.

Where the film struggles is taking a deeper look into the man himself. He feels like a passenger at times. There's no real examination of the man which is a let down.

This doesn't deserve the bad reviews it's getting,and most people will enjoy it.

Hardcore hip hop fans will find things to cling to and rip apart because we know the history so well,just like SOC.

Overall it's a solid film,nothing amazing. I'll buy it once it drops.

That said I would love to see a more talented film maker get to tackle 2pac. Not a recap of his life,but maybe focusing on one time period.

It never hits the highs that the first hour of SOC hit,but it's better than notorious.

7.5/10

I feel like the best parts of the movie where how they handled the Rape charges and how they show those Pac surrounded himself with early had control over him. How he was manipulated and got in over his head.

After the rape case, shooting and jail his fate was pretty much sealed:beli:

Tupac was shown as the victim pretty much in this movie.

Yea the Jada scenes were great. And how both their careers blew up at the same time and how they kinda grew apart. I wonder how close they really were but all the while Im thinking she ended up with Will Smith? :mindblown:
I guess she was smart after all :hubie:

The Juice scene was a favorite of most in the theatre. I think they showed well how thats when people started really seeing Pac as a real talent and star.

This movie was very enjoyable just off a hip hop/music level alone. It was good going through his music as it related to what was happening in his life and seeing performances recreated.

I will say the movie was too long and too short at the same time. The pace of the film was too fast and it just jumped around. It tried to include too much and kinda failed. and like I said it just ended in a bad way.

Part of it was really good like you'd expect in a hollywood movie and half of it was TV movie/Netflix originals level.

Hill Harper was good too as usual :salute:hadn't seen him in a movie since He Got Game :damn:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
does it show him having any problems with dre or snoop?

A Skinny Dr. Dre does one scene with 2pac.......they record California Love as soon as Pac gets off the plane and out of jail.

When Suge walks past Dre he gives him a mean mug, then we never see or hear from Dre again until Kidada mentions Dre left Death Row in a Vegas Hotel when 2pac tells Kidada that he and Suge are partners

They show the Snoop/Pac beef right during MTV Awards when Snoop says he's cool with Big/Puff on Hot 97 with Angie Martinez

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it was definitely Snoop doing the voiceover.

If it was why didn't they just get someone who looked more like Snoop?

I was assuming they got this breh because he sounded exactly like snoop :deadmanny:

But if you're right, that would explain alot. They went out of their way to not show brehs mouth in certain scenes where Snoop spoke (on the plane is a good example)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Just got out.

Let me just say,people concerned about this being some kind of hit piece or disrespectful to 2pac can put that to bed.

This is absolutely not that. The movie is respectful of the man and his legacy. The way they handled the rape charges and the events of how it happened made clear of that.

However,this is a paint by numbers biopic. This isn't going to blow you away,and it's not breaking molds.

The film is perfunctory and point by point of his life.

It's not a deep dissection of the man. It simply takes from event to event as a recap

Shipp is great. He looks like the man,had the mannerisms down and loses himself in the role.

The film even went a couple places I was genuinely surprised by touching on snoop/2pac beef at the end. Or his relationship with kidada.

There is a couple of eye rolling parts. The omission of the dre beef is strange. Suge is once again painted as a one note villain with no sides to him.

The acting and budget is fine,they recreate some scenes very faithfully. The jada/2pac relationship is a highlight of the film.

Where the film struggles is taking a deeper look into the man himself. He feels like a passenger at times. There's no real examination of the man which is a let down.

This doesn't deserve the bad reviews it's getting,and most people will enjoy it.

Hardcore hip hop fans will find things to cling to and rip apart because we know the history so well,just like SOC.

Overall it's a solid film,nothing amazing. I'll buy it once it drops.

That said I would love to see a more talented film maker get to tackle 2pac. Not a recap of his life,but maybe focusing on one time period.

It never hits the highs that the first hour of SOC hit,but it's better than notorious.

7.5/10
The movies cosigned by every snake Pac had around him.

There's only so deep it could be.

I'm just stunned his mama died right before dropped :mjpls:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The movies cosigned by every snake Pac had around him.

There's only so deep it could be.

I'm just stunned his mama died right before dropped :mjpls:
No disrespect to afeni,but she didn't exactly treat his music with respect.

Taking out original guests,replacing them with whoever hot at the moment,giving fukking Eminem free reign to alter his vocals and shyt

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
If it was why didn't they just get someone who looked more like Snoop?

I was assuming they got this breh because he sounded exactly like snoop :deadmanny:

But if you're right, that would explain alot. They went out of their way to not show brehs mouth in certain scenes where Snoop spoke (on the plane is a good example)

I actually didn't like how they dressed Snoop during the 2 of America's Most wanted recording....

They showed a 1994 Snoop (with the Afro) in 1995

tumblr_o33c5grMgD1v1z098o1_400.jpg

Dr_Dre_Snoop_AMA.jpg

By 1995-96, Snoop was permed out and wearing braids or his perm

snoop-dogg-and-dr-dre_ioenem.jpg

2017GettyImages-snoop-dogg-tupac-hall-of-fame-920x584.jpg

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
just saw it and i'll say this much, Shipp did real well as the movie progressed, his acting got stronger and convincing in how he portrayed pac. The dude that played snoop tho, sounded so much like snoop, had me like :whoo: he should play snoop if the dogg ever gets a biopic. Afeni did well out of everyone, Had me thinking it was the real Afeni in the movie. My beef with the movie was that it moved too quick and was skipping from one scene to another without any emotion. That's another beef i had with the film, it really didn't deliver that emotion that we all expected from a film of Pac's magnitude. It's not S.O.C. but it does a good job for what it is. I give it a 7 :yeshrug:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
A big part of why so many of these biopics go wrong is that they have no idea what story they're trying to tell and it ends up being cinematic version of a Wikipedia page.

I'm not sure why the scene where Clifton Powell kills Bleu Davinci from BMF in jail needed to be in the movie. That just takes away from time spent telling a story of what makes Pac's so compelling. Sure that scene shows why Pac wanted to get out of jail so badly but it's fukking jail, was it really necessary? They accomplished how shytty jail was from jumpstreet by having the cops strip search him and then beat him up....

They also had to develop that scene with an argument that took place multiple scenes before that......in a scene in which Pac is listening to Who Shot Ya and 2pac gets angry and Clifton Powell tells him he needs to drop it before getting into some random beef with Bleu Davinci. Why the fukk did they need to spend multiple scenes developing a Clifton Powell and Bleu Davinci beef. It's fukking pointless towards working towards the task that we came to the theater for....

I know in the original version of the jail house 2pac interview he speaks on how a guy died in jail and was killed by a guy who had life.....but that didn't need to be in this movie with no real explanation or development. It was just a wasted set of scenes.

time stamped
18:23

Last edited: