BX BK
When I saw that ass....
cross1.jpg

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
Had low expectations going in, & walked out really impressed.

As a huge Pac fan, I have to say I was glad they tried to capture how some of his mistakes were due to his youthful ignorance. i thought they did a good job not pandering to the hardcore Pac kids today think he was.

Almost everything in the film is pretty well documented. & nothing this forum hasnt dissected a thousand times over. i feel they did a great job on touching some of the major parts of his career without going too in depth. it would just have been too long of a film.

Mopreme, Syke, & Stretch weren't part of the story. & they were a big part of Pac's career.

Overall i feel the film was very good. Danai Gurira stole the show as Afeni.

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
Ehhh it was cool. Had I had high expectations I might be a bit disappointed. But I suggest everybody still see it. It wasn't trash :yeshrug: I give it 7.5/10

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just got out.

Let me just say,people concerned about this being some kind of hit piece or disrespectful to 2pac can put that to bed.

This is absolutely not that. The movie is respectful of the man and his legacy. The way they handled the rape charges and the events of how it happened made clear of that.

However,this is a paint by numbers biopic. This isn't going to blow you away,and it's not breaking molds.

The film is perfunctory and point by point of his life.

It's not a deep dissection of the man. It simply takes from event to event as a recap

Shipp is great. He looks like the man,had the mannerisms down and loses himself in the role.

The film even went a couple places I was genuinely surprised by touching on snoop/2pac beef at the end. Or his relationship with kidada.

There is a couple of eye rolling parts. The omission of the dre beef is strange. Suge is once again painted as a one note villain with no sides to him.

The acting and budget is fine,they recreate some scenes very faithfully. The jada/2pac relationship is a highlight of the film.

Where the film struggles is taking a deeper look into the man himself. He feels like a passenger at times. There's no real examination of the man which is a let down.

This doesn't deserve the bad reviews it's getting,and most people will enjoy it.

Hardcore hip hop fans will find things to cling to and rip apart because we know the history so well,just like SOC.

Overall it's a solid film,nothing amazing. I'll buy it once it drops.

That said I would love to see a more talented film maker get to tackle 2pac. Not a recap of his life,but maybe focusing on one time period.

It never hits the highs that the first hour of SOC hit,but it's better than notorious.

7.5/10

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Visually it was great. But a weak cliche script and poor acting keep it from being a good movie..

The lead actor looked like Pac and had his mannerisms and body language down to the last detail. If you watch it with the volume down he was perfect. But he didn't sound anything like him and wasn't able to translate how angry or passionate he was.

You can tell it was directed by a music video director. The costume design and live performances were on point. But the script was really bad and some of the acting was even worse..

The actress that played Afeni seemed like she was trying to win a Tony. She was way too dramatic.. The woman that played Jada was clearly in her 30s pretrnding to be a teenager..When Snoop came on the screen the theater literally busted out laughing..

Pac deserved something deeper and more thought out.. This was a little too much like an after school special..Tupac's life was super dark and violent. This movie seemed more intent on making him look like a noble figure than telling the truth about his flaws.

I give it a 5/10..

The movies saving grace will be the music and fashion. That's the only part they got right. But they got it REALLY right.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
4-5/10 for me

I didn't like how they told the story by using flashbacks. It kinda reminded me of Family Guy when hey reference a situation, and it cuts to that random event happening.

Dude that played biggie was :trash: He was trash in notorious, and he was trash here

That ass stopped me, and every other man in the theatres heart when it came on screen :ohlawd:

Snoop dogg look nothing like snoop to me. The theatre bursted out laughing

This felt like a TV movie, rather than a major motion picture tbh

Clothes and feel resembled the 90s perfectly. Music was bumping too

Afeni was acting like she wanted an oscar lmao

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
This really wasn't good at all.

It's amazing how a movie about someone so polarizing and so interested could be so bland.

A lot of the people in this thread nailed it......I don't even think it's worth my time right now to go through everything that was wrong with the film.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I'm seeing it tomorrow. But I need to know a few things.

First of all I did not think they would go to the last week beef with Snoop like bro above said. That's dope of Snoop to let that be on screen.

By the trailer it looks like they are going to include the Marin child shooting. I have a feeling that's something a lot of people didn't know and will 'tarnish' his legacy like some press reviews have said.

My question is how is Dre portrayed? We all know Pac was not messing with him, did dre push the button and SOC this? :beli: