Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie looks very flat and cheap. Where's the humanity? Why is Suge onstage dancing? Why is gravy in this? A movie based on Tupac should have weight behind it ala Malcolm X. And it should be real esp for a rapper thats the definition of real. It'll be a entertaining movie but itll br a fluff piece.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
They talking about "the untold story".....fans been goin over the story for 20 years in hiphop:mindblown:

I can't lie,I was more hyped after the last trailer...this trailer giving off after school special vibes,and everything I hated about Notorious:martin:

I understand the idea of doing right by the family,and looking out for Pacs legacy....but let's hope they don't overdo it....all these rap biopic seem like they have to have some kind ve Aesop fable style righteous cause behind the bullshyt nikkas doin:pachaha:....why yall can't be some young wild nikkas/geniuses who made history:banderas:.

It's more like nikkas looking back and realizing the impact they made,and writing the story based on that....instead of making these movies about how they felt,and why they was doing certain shyt in real time.

Hope this shyt is good though,im gon see it in theatres first day:blessed:
U said it better than me

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dom sounds a lil too menacing as Suge.......as much as a boogeyman Suge is he has a laidback voice, but other than that I like him as Suge.... Seems better than the Suge from SOC and Notorious. Also Benny already said they're going to humanize Suge in this movie

Also Jamie Hector might come through and kill it as Mutulu :leon: was impressed with him..

Kat sounded on point as Jada :wow:

Also peep Demetrius when he's talking to BIG tell me thats not Pac right there..... He has Pac's mannerisms down pat. Of course he doesn't have a voice that sounds like Tupac no one does!

Yeah ol girl who plays Jada might be dope:banderas:

And I'm waiting to see somebody humanize Suge....most these movies keep that nikka in deebo mode 24/7....when Suge always seemed like he was having fun,being a comedian,even if it may have been at others expense:pachaha:

"Johnny Gill sucked Sugar Ray Leonards dikk"

:laff:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
They trailer make it feel like Pac went crazy and lost his mind out here when he went to Cali.... dude was living in oak when he was in his late teen years. I don't like the BIG cut , like gtfoh they better not make puffy and notorious look like the victim

Now the visual look cheap and the main actor playing pac seem to be missing something , yeah he mimicking Pac movements but im not seeing or feeling the soul..the essence of Pac

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Movie looks very flat and cheap. Where's the humanity? Why is Suge onstage dancing? Why is gravy in this? A movie based on Tupac should have weight behind it ala Malcolm X. And it should be real esp for a rapper thats the definition of real. It'll be a entertaining movie but itll br a fluff piece.
warner brothers or any other main studio would pick a director and a screenwriter..it will end up like Ali..polished, expensive but lacks realness.
spike lee managed to get what he could from warner then asked his fellow folks to help out..being successful black celebs of that era.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
They trailer make it feel like Pac went crazy and lost his mind out here when he went to Cali.... dude was living in oak when he was in his late teen years. I don't like the BIG cut , like gtfoh they better not make puffy and notorious look like the victim

Now the visual look cheap and the main actor playing pac seem to be missing something , yeah he mimicking Pac movements but im not seeing or feeling the soul..the essence of Pac
puffy is made to look human and a businessman..suge will look like a gangster but also human..pac will look like a lost young man with right in his mind but entrapped in a tough and negative surrounding which follows his demise ie death.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
puffy is made to look human and a businessman..suge will look like a gangster but also human..pac will look like a lost young man with right in his mind but entrapped in a tough and negative surrounding which follows his demise ie death.

This is how I think it is going to be. Pac will be made to look like a complex individual.

As for Puffy lettuce not forget he did Co-sign the movie :sas2:

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
I've seen some stuff on the net

People hoping this isn't a "black lives matter" movie :mjpls:

People not understanding why the Black Panthers are going to be featured in this film :mjpls:

It's a legitimate concern for the movie to overburdenly pandeering to a flavor of the month social media club.

We're talking about an individual here.

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a legitimate concern for the movie to overburdenly pandeering to a flavor of the month social media club.

We're talking about an individual here.
That's what Pac was about when it wasnt popular to do. He was very pro black. It should pander to blacks since his family was a big part of the black liberation movement. If they got Pac in here sayjng shyt like " all whites aint that bad" itll be a wack ass movie.

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
That's what Pac was about when it wasnt popular to do. He was very pro black. It should pander to blacks since his family was a big part of the black liberation movement. If they got Pac in here sayjng shyt like " all whites aint that bad" itll be a wack ass movie.

To say it wasn't popular at that point is to deny the existence of public enemy. Of course Tupac was pro-black but that's not the most defining aspect of him by any means

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To say it wasn't popular at that point is to deny the existence of public enemy. Of course Tupac was pro-black but that's not the most defining aspect of him by any means
It wasnt, by the time 2pac was doing his thing public enemy wasnt popping like that. Gangster rap was emerging as THE popular music of the 90s. That is his most defining trait. Rebel of the underground? Panther power? Nu African movement, his moms,pops,etcHis whole family is from the struggle. Its engrained within his dna. And his pro blackness should be a running theme. If a 2pac movie isnt pissing off white America then they did it wrong. Pac would want his shyt to be relentless and unforgiving and to show the racism,generational poverty,etc. He came from that black America poverty and it molded him into the artist he would become. You strip away his panther like principles, its wont be 2pac.