Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Yooo, this shyt looks sooo badd. Bad meaning bad. Not good. For one, i dnt like most of these biopic films. Cause it feels like they're trying to rewrite ppls actual history. And if u were around back then, ur just feeling like whats going on in the movie is fake as shyt. Pac and these nikkaz aint really give a fukk about no "cause" but its hard to make a good movie wit a nikka jus doing nikka shyt. Which would actually be a better movie. Just make a movie about "biggie or pac", etc, but dont use real names. We all will get it, and enjoy a real authentic feeling movie. Not this "we out here trying to change the world" shyt. Smh.
And secondly, these actors are not "street" enough. Im not judging them as ppl for that. But as actors, they cant get the swagger, voices, mannerisms and just the overall energy of being a street/hood rapper type.
Like Belly was a terribly acted movie, but it had alot of authentic energy to the characters.
A great hood movie, needs that balance. Good acting and authentic street energy. Tupac and Big should have gotten that balance when making a movie about their lives
Idk if it's politics or money or what but I don't see how BET/VH1 can constantly make these 5 part series made for tv and yet HBO/Showtime/Starz can't :stopitslime:
I broke it down pages ago but a 5 part hbo series would be the perfect platform for this story

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to give the film a chance, a lot of great films have terrible trailers but I do agree that a greater amount of time should pass before you do a biopic on a person's life. You should wait at least 30-35 years so the changes you make aren't so obvious viewers. Biopics also work better with their for lesser known people

They talking about "the untold story".....fans been goin over the story for 20 years in hiphop:mindblown:

I can't lie,I was more hyped after the last trailer...this trailer giving off after school special vibes,and everything I hated about Notorious:martin:

I understand the idea of doing right by the family,and looking out for Pacs legacy....but let's hope they don't overdo it....all these rap biopic seem like they have to have some kind ve Aesop fable style righteous cause behind the bullshyt nikkas doin:pachaha:....why yall can't be some young wild nikkas/geniuses who made history:banderas:.

It's more like nikkas looking back and realizing the impact they made,and writing the story based on that....instead of making these movies about how they felt,and why they was doing certain shyt in real time.

Hope this shyt is good though,im gon see it in theatres first day:blessed:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And the new edition biopic was great.

For some reason these hiphop biopocs,much as I like SOC....overall seems like these nikkas feel like they need to cop pleas for non hiphop fans:mjpls:...sugarcoating why they was who they was,or why they did things they did.

That shyt don't need to be explained to hiphop fans,we understand:wow:

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Actually looks better than I expected
The first half of the trailer is really dope (showing Pac's militant upbringing)but it kind of falls off a cliff when you hear that the actor has a pretty bad Pac voice.

Pac, whether you are a fan or not, has one of Then most distinctive voices in history. Right up there with Martin Luther King, you can't half ass your way around a Pac impression, especially his voice. Pac spoke with Gravitas, passion, and conviction, every syllable he spoke sounded like he thought it out even if what he was speaking was nonsense. That was part of his charm and charisma.

If they are skimping on the voice it just makes me wonder what else they are skirting around just in the name of getting this done:patrice:
The closest we could've gotten was Lamont Bentley :wow:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
John Singleton would've killed this...

Either way, I'm going to watch it

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Him not having that PAC voice is straight :francis:

The voice ain't so bad it's distrscting,he just lacking the passion and enthusiasm Pac had about just about every damn thing:wow:

I hope he can relay Pac having some fun during the fukkery,cuz the nikka definitely seemed like he was having a blast during a lot of that shyt,and we was right there with em:banderas:

Better not see Pac in his dressing room with the :mjcry: face,reluctantly recording the video for hitemup:comeon: