Official Trump Insurrection Rally 1/6/21 Fukkery, NY Probe, DOJ Probe & Georgia Probe Thread!

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Why? Dems don’t need any Republican votes ? Also you think the majority of the public who voted Biden in want Trump on taxpayers dime doing rally’s and getting a pension? It’s happening bro.

There are some complications, however. For instance, under the 14th Amendment, it is unclear who gets to decide whether a government official has engaged in an insurrectionist activity and merits disqualification. Some scholars argue that it is up to the courts, not Congress, to make the determination.

“Section Three does not identify any mechanisms for determining whether an official has actually engaged in insurrectionist activities that would trigger the disqualification, and as a consequence it has not been used very much and it is not even clear what kind of mechanism would be constitutional,” said Keith Whittington, a Princeton University professor of politics.

What is more, Whittington warned, allowing a simple majority of Congress to impose a lifetime ban on a former president could open a Pandora’s box. Once in control, Republicans could return the favor by voting to disqualify Democrats for expressing views on protests that turned into riots.

“There is a great deal of obvious political risk in having the Congress just make such determinations by majority vote and potentially disqualifying from office members of the minority party with little evidence and through an entirely partisan political process,” Whittington said via email.

Some top Democrats are not persuaded the 14th Amendment is the route to go. Senate Majority Whip dikk Durbin, Democrat of Illinois, said January 22: “I haven’t been convinced yet, because the 14th Amendment is not explicit on how you determine whether someone participated in an insurrection.”

SOURCE: Some Lawmakers, Experts Eye 14th Amendment to Bar Trump from Future Office

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TLR anti-intellectualism runs rapid in society :hhh:

Dems voted him guilty. Its the 43 Q-Anon dopeheads that voted not guilty.

Unless you want Joe Biden to blast an AK47 at Trump's chest, Dems did their part.

While I do know @ORDER_66 is a Trump supporter, he’s saying something a lot of voters feel too. Democrats are p*ssy. And that’s why they can never keep their majority. You can’t spend 4 years talking about somebody being the worst President to ever take office but, then want unity and bipartisanship when you get in power. Where was bipartisanship at when Republicans appointed a new judge before the warmth left RBG’s body? You can’t keep following the rules of engagement with people who literally don’t give a fukk :mindblown: If you gonna take the case to trial, then go all the way with it. Bring in the witnesses. I don’t care if it’s 100 witnesses you have to bring in. I don’t care if it takes time away from focusing on the stimulus. You can chew gum and walk at the same time. That’s why you’re in Congress. And that unwillingness to do whatever.....that’s what Republicans are betting on.....Democrats not being willing to go scorched earth....and they knew if they bogged them down with red tape, they would fold. And they did. You have to fight petty with petty. Otherwise what was the point? You might as well never did anything and went right to the Stimulus :mindblown: and if these Republicans did choose to acquit Trump, which is extremely fukked up as they’re clearly doing it to not anger Republican voters, not because this muthafukka was innocent, then you make it extremely clear that you will go after every Republican Senator who voted that way, whether through campaigning against them, making them defend their position publicly, attack political ads, investigating them for any potential impropriety, holding hearings or that you’d go nuclear if they didn’t do the right thing, such as threatening to end the filibuster, threatening to give DC/Puerto Rico statehood, threatening to pack the Supreme Court. SOMETHING. Instead they gonna go right back to working together :mindblown:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Plaskett on Trump's acquittal: 'We didn't need more witnesses, we needed more senators with spines'
Stacey Plaskett on Trump's acquittal: 'We didn't need more witnesses, we needed more senators with spines' - CNNPolitics

"I know that people are feeling a lot of angst and believe that maybe if we had (a witness) the senators would have done what we wanted, but, listen, we didn't need more witnesses, we needed more senators with spines," Plaskett, who represents the US Virgin Islands' at-large congressional district and served as one of nine impeachment managers, told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

"I think we wanted to get in what we wanted and we did. We believed that we proved the case. We proved the elements of an article of impeachment," she said. "It's clear that these (senators) were hardened -- that they did not want to let the President be convicted or disqualified."

I think Plaskett and the rest of the Dem impeachment managers did a hell of a job, and I agree witnesses would not have changed the outcome. I knew what time it was when I saw the House vote split.

But these GOP senators do have spines. Mocking the impeachment trial (by doing shyt like reading books during it), voting to acquit even when you admit he's guilty, censuring GOP senators that voted guilty, those are bold moves. They have been boldly tap dancing on the constitution for years. They can do flagrant stuff like that because there's no accountability for them, not from congress and not from the people. Calling them cowards or spineless isn't doing anything.

I think we should have had witnesses. The same "it was clear they did not want to let the president be convicted" attitude applies to the whole impeachment, including the work she put in. I'm not saying this to shyt on Dems, only the idea that the Republicans' refusal to convict Trump means they effectively get to block witnesses and dictate how things go.

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Daps
Someone must've given him something after the primary, because the way he switched up is wild.

Has to be gay prostitutes evidence

It's all fun and jokes but people have been saying this about this dude for years. It would have come out by now (no pun intended :dame:) if he were involved in something that salacious.

At this point, I think it's more logical and likely that he's just a piece of self-serving shyt, not that he behaves the way he does because he's closeted and wants to avoid scandal.

I'm done looking for "reasons" why Republicans epitomize immorality and hypocrisy. It's the culture. They just do, no outside catalysts are needed.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Replace Trump with Obama who is impeached twice with a Republican majority... They would absolutely invoke the 14th amendment and ban Obama for life..

Articles like that are only bought up to discourage a democratic majority from doing their jobs but republicans majority completely ignore precedent
Completely ignore what's in the article, brehs :snoop:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Too many scaredy ass Dems on Twitter. Trump lost reelection decisively and they're scared that Trump is gonna beat an incumbent Democrat president? Please :pachaha:
Don’t think that’s Dems talking, why be scared of someone ‘s ass you whooped lol

I think the scared part is him trying to attack the captial again

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Too many scaredy ass Dems on Twitter. Trump lost reelection decisively and they're scared that Trump is gonna beat an incumbent Democrat president? Please :pachaha:
I think they are more afraid of the dude trying to overthrow a government again...

If anything if this dude loses again, we already saw how he handles a loss this time around.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I think they are more afraid of the dude trying to overthrow a government again...

If anything if this dude loses again, we already saw how he handles a loss this time around.

He won't have that kind of power breh