Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Random woman from my workplace is insane. Did not make it through "Woody and the other guy's season" :dead:
Screenshot-from-2024-02-21-16-55-36-1.jpg

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
The only great things about this season was Jodie Foster, the sound design and score, and the cinematography....

Unfortunately, this was just Yellowjackets S2 with some detectives thrown in the mix...

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I'mma read it but:patrice:

If we mean satisfying as in the case was solved, then yes. First season was a letdown, all those theories went out the window with the finale. Second season, too convoluted and trying to re-remember that ending will hurt my brain. (I wrote it out somewhere and can't remember if it was here or not). Third season, they were going to solve it until Mahershala's character forgot.

Murder mysteries are hard to write brehs. The journey matters just as much as the case being solved which TD hasn't gotten right throughout it's run.
Reading through this thread and I 100% agree. I’ve never been satisfied with TD endings. It’s always the acting the atmosphere and characters that keep me around. People calling this trash is questionable to me. If it’s about the girl boss thing, does changing the final scene to incorporate men change the ending?

Anyways can’t wait for a new season, and be dissatisfied with the ending again.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
That Eskimo chic was not a good actor either
Navarro, Kyla, or the Danver's step daughter?

Reading through this thread and I 100% agree. I’ve never been satisfied with TD endings. It’s always the acting the atmosphere and characters that keep me around. People calling this trash is questionable to me. If it’s about the girl boss thing, does changing the final scene to incorporate men change the ending?

Anyways can’t wait for a new season, and be dissatisfied with the ending again.

It still would have been trash if it were gender swapped because they couldn't decide on the tone they wanted, whether leaning into Native beliefs of the spirtual world having power over our reality and the spirits/forces that come with it or just sadistic antagonist(s) causing chaos on the ice.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

It still would have been trash if it were gender swapped because they couldn't decide on the tone they wanted, whether leaning into Native beliefs of the spirtual world having power over our reality and the spirits/forces that come with it or just sadistic antagonist(s) causing chaos on the ice.

All of them..but Navarro mainly. I know she is a boxer turned actress....but her scenes were very forced

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
All of them..but Navarro mainly. I know she is a boxer turned actress....but her scenes were very forced

Yes, she has potential, she needs a dialect coach but she has a very strong physical presence that could serve maybe as a background or supporting character...but not stand side by side with Jodie Foster...

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
This is probably it for this series. That HBO quality is dipping.

You may stop tuning in

But it's a hit with critics and did great numbers

Sure the next season is already in development

True Detective: Night Country” finished off with a season-high viewership for its finale, drawing 3.2 million across HBO and Max.

The Feb. 18 audience came in 57% higher than the “Night Country” premiere in January, indicating strong word-of-mouth for the six-episode season. It also marks an 18% uptick from the season’s third episode three weeks prior.

Across all episodes, “True Detective: Night Country” averaged 12.7 million cross-platform viewers. That’s higher than the previous three seasons of the HBO series, but the numbers get a boost since “Night Country” is the first season to be produced after the launch of the streaming service Max

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps

I just didn’t see it like that, the whole time while watching the series I just associated all paranormal activity as…..people minds going crazy when you live in a environment that is frigid, no sunlight, and isolation.…TD been trained it‘s viewers to assume It‘s always human activity. Which is why it didn’t bother me

My main and only real criticism was the fact that there were a few eye roll moments.