Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was worried about how they were going wrap up the final and I did think this at least needed another episode. The reveal of the tasal (sp?) scientists was cool but the revenge plot with the native women was pretty ham fisted and should’ve been saved for another season or used as apart of the nebulous supernatural element and left open.

Them disposing Prior Sr body and keeping it a secret was a bit weird but I could see it going either way since that other police chief know Danvers and Navarro killed that other guy and would be easily implicated if the Mine owner wanted them out of paint.

Thought the Danvers subplot about son was sort of a waste to explain in the end and would’ve been better to just have it at the start for her character. Navarro was okay, the generational mental illness angle was interesting but they sort of fumbled it imo, especially since I thought with the issues of the mine pollution would be a bigger plot point.

Overall liked it but it def looked like HBO forced the True Detective branding and it could’ve been better :hubie:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps

Nic P right now

mLNaNq.gif