Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
This is okay. Watchable. The location and atmosphere is cool. Also I do think Foster is a great actress. But something feels off. Like there's some interesting stuff going on but it all feels unfocused. Maybe the problem is the first season just set the bar so high that every season after pales in comparison.

Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 4 > Season 2

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
This is just my opinion but I feel like naming this show True Detective brought high expectations from people here. Specifically, expectations from season 1. For me seasons 2 and 3 weren't very good, so I came into this without any real expectations. I'm just here for the ride and maybe that's why I'm able to enjoy the show and many others aren't. Just a thought.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
There’s parts that I liked in this episode and stuff that I just sighed at. I keep forgetting that it’s only six episodes but they got a lot to do in the finale next week.

And once again, this wasn’t supposed to be apart of the True Detective series. The series was already on deck and TD title was essentially slapped on it and a sprinkle of a tie-in to season one.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
This is just my opinion but I feel like naming this show True Detective brought high expectations from people here. Specifically, expectations from season 1. For me seasons 2 and 3 weren't very good, so I came into this without any real expectations. I'm just here for the ride and maybe that's why I'm able to enjoy the show and many others aren't. Just a thought.

Of course it did & I don't even see why that would be a problem lol.

*Not directed at u specifically*

After awhile, you expect Jay-Z to give you a Jay-Z quality album. Or if a show is flying under the Game of Thrones or Song of Ice umbrella, you expect it to live up to the quality that garnered them the fanbase they were able to accumulate --hence the backlash to the latter seasons.

You don't wanna be held to such a high standard? Don't fly under the flag. And more specifically, stop calling back to S1 as a crutch every two secs with Cohle's dad, the spiral, the Tuttle's amongst other herrings. Now part of that isn't the new show runners fault cuz it sounds like she was forced to add the TrueDetective element to what maybe was gonna be an original premise but even removing that, I personally would've still had problems with some of the writing for these characters, the pacing, the mystery being ignored for large parts of a time, etc.

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
I tried but this season is just ok to me. I think it will land somewhere near Season 3 where I’ll never watch it again. JodiFoster is carrying the entire show.

Season 1 is just in another league from all of them. And I also watch Season 2 often. It has some areas of bad writing (Mayor Chissani and his son, the gay police officer with the random war storyline, Rachel McAdams and the knives), but I thought Colin Farrel and Vince Vaughn’s storylines were good. I especially liked the focus on Vince Vaugn and his girlfriend and Colin Farrell and his son.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I was bored with this episode and came in this thread before the episode ended and got spoiled about the shooting :snoop: That's on me :pachaha:

Episode felt a lot longer than a hour. I'm enjoying this season overall, but I was half ass paying attention to episode 5 :heh:

Anyone here watch "Screen Crush" on YouTube recaps of each episode?

This dude does a great job recapping the episodes IMO :manny:

I prefer him over New Rockstars

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im on episode 4 and bout to tap. This is some pretentious boring ass bullshyt. No one is interesting and Jody Foster's character is just plain unlikeable. No one is even talking about what the fukk is going on. Everybody and their boring lives in this small hick ass cold town. shyt I'd walk out to the ice and end it now too if I was forced to keep watching this show. Waste of time.

You're just saying that because you read a bad review on the net :troll:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I tried but this season is just ok to me. I think it will land somewhere near Season 3 where I’ll never watch it again. JodiFoster is carrying the entire show.

Season 1 is just in another league from all of them. And I also watch Season 2 often. It has some areas of bad writing (Mayor Chissani and his son, the gay police officer with the random war storyline, Rachel McAdams and the knives), but I thought Colin Farrel and Vince Vaughn’s storylines were good. I especially liked the focus on Vince Vaugn and his girlfriend and Colin Farrell and his son.
There is no denying this.

Watching her and the big woman in scenes together is so lopsided

083e3e2c-bdd8-404b-8a73-864e4570c6a7_text.gif

cb0375a7-79c7-4100-9578-187631b7c2d2_text.gif