Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Mare of Easttown seems to get mentioned alot in the comments for this show. Just watched the trailer, not sure how I missed this with Winslet. Going to queue it up.
Just saw the pilot again :smugbiden:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
This bearded rape victim whimpering to Navarro. :deadrose: Telling her to "come home" like little Lucy McClane in Die Hard :mjlol:

988bace2-1a42-4a9f-96e3-86fcb399469f_text.gif

Come home from what? The snow storm? You think they gon find the Night King chilling in that cave? If anything, whoever they find will be another corpsesicle like Jack Torrance.

freezing-the-shining.gif

Watching this season, I'm reminded of Dexter: New Blood. Both with winter settings, which is a check in the positive for me, A Murder at the End of the World was the same way, too. We have a central "mystery" of a missing indigenous girl from the past, now presumed dead. Will Annie K's body be recovered from a cave like that missing chick from Dexter? Will a serial killer be behind this missing girl, too? Will the serial killer have a Museum of Mort? I really hope so. :dead:
And he was spooning with her with her arm wrapped around him like a lil biitch.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
There is no denying this.

Watching her and the big woman in scenes together is so lopsided

083e3e2c-bdd8-404b-8a73-864e4570c6a7_text.gif

cb0375a7-79c7-4100-9578-187631b7c2d2_text.gif
Jodie might have knew she was working with bullshyt so I wouldn’t be surprised if she told them to throw in the sex scene. She was desperate to try and save the show by any means necessary

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

Lol @ then saying one thing the show gets right that the movie didn't is the Indigenous community being at the forefront and not falling for the white savior trope.

To a degree, it's true. But this is also what we've talked about with the uptick in Ingenious inclusion in TV & Film. What does it matter if you successfully sidestep a trope if the quality is lesser than if you would've had a more seasoned actor or actress in the position?

I mean, I guess that's the tradeoff but mfs got hit up Julliard fr. And the writers gotta write wit some purpose cuz so far, even in this show, aside from Navarro, most of their story been mid. We ain't seen or heard about that trailer that was found int he community since they showed it