Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Superstar
Daps
Watched Season 1, which was amazing.

2 and 3 worth a watch?

If you watch season 2, start on the shootout episode then finish the season. Go back and watch everything up to the shootout and it will be easier to stomach and make sense of.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Watched Season 1, which was amazing.

2 and 3 worth a watch?
They’re all worth a watch, IMO.

I’ve actually warmed up to the second season. Thought it had the best finale out of the bunch, as unpopular as that opinion is. It is very flawed - the dialogue was shaky and it’s evident the story elements needed more time to flesh out. That being said, I’m a sucker for a hardboiled, LA noire atmosphere which it absolutely delivers on that front.

Third season always felt like damage control after how panned S2 was, so much that it’s reflected in the story structure. Similarly to the GOAT season, it tells its story through multiple timelines. The writing is much better here, but the pacing makes rewatches such a drag to get through for me. If it wasn’t for Ali, Dorff, and McNairy’s acting, I’d probably tap out.

One of the coolest things I’ve noticed during that first season is that even the minor characters standout in a grand way. That truly was eight episodes of lightning caught in a bottle.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:dahell: was season 2 about anyway?

Water wars and Colin Farrell claiming the child who was a product of rape? That was season 2 right?
The mystery surrounded killiers getting vengeance on people who killed their parents in a jewel robbery when they were kids.
- Vince Vaughn was a gangsta trying to save some deal he was making and got caught out there bigger Mexican gangsters

- Colin Farrell and Vaughn stopped some hooker call girl ring together and Farrell was supposed to run off with Rachel McAdams but he got killed forget by who.

- Rachel McAdams runs off to another country with kid who was a product of rape I guess. I really don't remember. lol