Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Was that Pete or Lil Purk :picard:

Bro, I told your ass, I want his head, I don't want no leg shot
Breakfast time, they get on nikkas early, want they eggs hot
Headshot, headshot (come here), headshot (come here)
Headshot (come here), headshot (come here)
Uh-uh, headshot (bop-bop), headshot, headshot (come here)
Headshot (come here), headshot (come here), headshot, (come here)
Headshot (come here), headshot (come here), headshot (come here)

gun-click-lil-durk.gif

taker597

Superstar
Daps
It really feels like HBO pulled a Disney. They flipped a B rated movie script and turned it into a mini series.

It's not written in episodic format, and it gets more apparent with the nonsensical layering and structure of every "episode".

They adjusted it to fit a 6 episode mini-series. I wish they would of made the business decision and just drop it in its entirety or two episode chunks.

After watch Mr and Mrs Smith... Which was written in a similar way, but they were written in legitimate episodes. They didn't layer in such a way for it to be satisfying to viewed in bit size chunks due to the slow developing nature of it.

You can tell the difference in a very similar series that's on Max, The Head. This was written fully form episodic format.

I believe this is really hurting Night Country at the moment. This story doesn't seem to be originally conceived as a TV series. It's supposed to be a simpler experience that got stretched way too thin for the sake of filling a weekly time slot(Which is actually short than average on HBO hour long programs.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The last episode was great.

People should watch and form their own conclusions instead of leaning on some review from Forbes of all places.

The internet has been riding that particular reviewer pretty heavy. Not sure why.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Just finished the last episode. This mystery just isn’t interesting. The characters just aren’t interesting. The way they approach everything is just boring and too straightforward. Hank didn’t even try to covertly get the addict. Just waltz up in there with a bullshyt excuse and got to shooting. Lazy

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset

People should watch and form their own conclusions instead of leaning on some review from Forbes of all places.

The internet has been riding that particular reviewer pretty heavy. Not sure why.
Yeah the reaction to this show have been weird, since the first episode people were criticizing the CGI of a 40 second scene and even the opening song, yeah season 1 was great but the other were meh and good, is obvious this isn't gonna end up being a prestige series for HBO but people keep expecting season 1 and exaggerating every flaw this season.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
The Nic shade is absolutely wild. At least we got a phenomenal season of television off of that stolen material. The character development was just as crucial as Fukunaga’s direction. If anything, Issa López should be thanking Pizzo because without him and his ghostwriter, her piss-poor script wouldn’t see the light of day.

And I’m not even all that heated at her than I am with HBO. They’re the ones who looked at the screenplay and thought what they read was worth a tack-on for an IP that’s been in limbo since 2019. They…actually considered bringing Sam Levinson in to helm this at one point. This shyt was dead from the get-go and I got baited like a fool.

Sydney Sweeney and Lily Rose Depp as detectives poppin their p*ssy every episode.....True Detective: Thot Country :wow:

What could've been :mjcry:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

I posted the review cuz it was interesting and I shared a few sentiments on what I couldn't quite put my finger on about the season so far. Didn't say I 100% agreed with him lol.

I said last night's episode was better than anything they've shown all season but that's not saying much nor does it negate the mid they peddled out for the first 4 episodes of a condensed 6 episode ordered season.

Last edited: