Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps

She favors this actor/stuntman from back in the day

1922215,ZIPp_ZrhMBsQR1mNUksR_qhMKuWNa0vMvaD19GLii+3dIH53HOfqnxgbekR89CkEjczbnu6+XfM7lpD6xVxnHQ==.jpg

MV5BYTQ3OGRhZTEtMTJhZi00NWU3LTljMTgtNDZiNTdiZDI0ZTVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTcyODY2NDQ@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
The scene is meant to show she is dominant and aggressive, not into emotional sex/emotional vulnerability, not able to connect with her sexual partners or people in her life. She is also sexual and knows what she likes/wants, takes what she likes/wants.

it's also meant to be funny, the toothbrush scene.

Cop shows and action movies and all kinds of shyt, have shown the reverse dynamic 1,000 times. Tough guy cop putting on his gun and getting dressed as delicate women cradling her breasts in the sheets begs him to stay. Tough guy cop who doesn't talk about the job. Says some kind of sarcastic but semi sweet a$$hole remark on his way out the door.

it's not meant to be rape like LOL
I watched 48 HRs the other night, and Nick Nolte was the embodiment of this

7bSVYSmFZjAGFA7fGdl3NtFPqZxVoFFueSnOJKMcrDk.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Enjoyed the first EP. I do like that it will primarily be set in the dark, which should add to the creepiness.

Only gripe is that I wish it was just a straight detective show, as others have mentioned. Not big on this being supernatural/hallucination/spirit driven, but now reading this was not meant to be an official TD season, guess it makes sense now.
:dwillhuh:

I feel like some of you cats need to go re-watch season 1, because Rust was hallucinating all season. Or it was legit some supernatural shyt. Like when he seen the birds form a spiral in the sky. Or when he seen the vortex in the Yellow King shrine room.

Anyway, this isn't doing anything that season 1 didn't do. The only difference is there's multiple people seeing shyt, which I assume is due to the water being tainted. Or, (again, like season 1) they'll probably leave it open to fan interpretation.

Fred.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
So I never watched this show before but I was intrigued by the trailer for NC so I binged the first season and it was :whew:

I heard a lot of mixed feedback on the second season a lot of ppl say it sucked whats the Film Room's consensus?

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
:dwillhuh:

I feel like some of you cats need to go re-watch season 1, because Rust was hallucinating all season. Or it was legit some supernatural shyt. Like when he seen the birds form a spiral in the sky. Or when he seen the vortex in the Yellow King shrine room.

Anyway, this isn't doing anything that season 1 didn't do. The only difference is there's multiple people seeing shyt, which I assume is due to the water being tainted. Or, (again, like season 1) they'll probably leave it open to fan interpretation.

Fred.
It was just the flat out visible ghost of Travis and him leading Rose to the bodies. Maybe not so much hallucination, as you're right that was in S1, along with supernatural hints which was also in S1. Again, enjoyed the EP in general.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It was just the flat out visible ghost of Travis and him leading Rose to the bodies.

Again, that's open to interpretation.

If you think the show is going full supernatural then a ghost told her where the bodies are.

If you think it's a hallucination (from the water being contaminated) then a "ghost" told her to wander around in the dark, where she accidentally stumbled upon the bodies. It's not as if this is a big ass city, it's a small town built around Tsalal.

Of course she's gonna say "Travis told me" because from her perspective that's what happened.

But that doesn't actually mean that's what happened.

Fred.

Oville

Pro
Daps
First ep was ok, but didnt feel like True Detective. One of the things that kept it from having that True Detective feel was that there was too much music during the episode.

True Detective episodes were mostly quiet and mostly used ambient music during the episode usually when they were conveying the bleak scenery for a few seconds. Outside of that, they'd usually only play music as the episode closed out and led into the credits.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Come on yall, it wasn’t bad at all.

They had all the supernatural shyt in season one too. I just think it’s too early to tell whether or not this season will be heavily influenced by the element or not. And, if the director is gonna go extra steps to showcase the element.

Superstar
Daps
So I never watched this show before but I was intrigued by the trailer for NC so I binged the first season and it was :whew:

I heard a lot of mixed feedback on the second season a lot of ppl say it sucked whats the Film Room's consensus?

shyt was straight. I enjoyed it just like I enjoy a lot of the shows that are in this genre. I love season 1 the most, but I like something about all the other seasons too. I see no reason to hate this season yet. A lot of the hatred towards it is because it’s not season 1. Don’t listen to those sourpuss ass nikkas. Just take it in, enjoy the ride until it’s over, then judge it.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
First ep was ok, but didnt feel like True Detective. One of the things that kept it from having that True Detective feel was that there was too much music during the episode.

True Detective episodes were mostly quiet and mostly used ambient music during the episode usually when they were conveying the bleak scenery for a few seconds. Outside of that, they'd usually only play music as the episode closed out and led into the credits.

I didn’t like the intro song either. I think the extra use of music may be due to only having 6 episodes this season. I think a lot of things are going to be crammed together.

Regardless im just happy to be able to watch another slightly creepy crime thriller, with a good setting. I’ll save my criticisms until I can see the whole story.

Last edited: