Daps
:whew: I aint know bulldaggers ride dikk like that
Wee-Bey_Brice.jpg

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jodie played the best acting by a female in a film for me so I’m looking forward to how this goes

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
The thing the series never figured out after season one was that the reason why the first season blew up was the chemistry between the two leads.

They never recaptured that again. The first season was compelling because of Ruste and Marty, not some murder mystery that never has the chance of living up to the expectations people spectaculate over.

Jodie is a GOAT but the other one is way too dry and serious. The whole stoic sensible woman with trauma trope is so overdone on TV right now. You need some levity to contrast the gloom. She ain't it.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Reddit cacs clearly want the series to be about two ashy white men. The number crunchers at HBO apparently don't want that.

You'd figure Bookie is about two ashy dudes, one black one white. In reality, it's about two dudes who used to be ashy now conforming to a 2023 world.

They not going to get the show they're looking for, at least from where I'm sitting at.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
YF8rSZT.gif
like how do you even feel like a man after that? he had no control. i like a top rider as much as the next person, but if i can't flip her over when i feel like it then i'm the one getting fukked. and she used your toothbrush and took it, left you ashamed and mumbling to yourself how next time you might not answer the door. god damn, a woman in that situation would feel like she was raped.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
The thing the series never figured out after season one was that the reason why the first season blew up was the chemistry between the two leads.

They never recaptured that again. The first season was compelling because of Ruste and Marty, not some murder mystery that never has the chance of living up to the expectations people spectaculate over.

Jodie is a GOAT but the other one is way too dry and serious. The whole stoic sensible woman with trauma trope is so overdone on TV right now. You need some levity to contrast the gloom. She ain't it.

There’s just a huge chasm in acting ability between the leads. I’ve been trying to ignore it, but it’s just very obvious.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I just watched Episode 1 of the new season. This is my first season watching True Detective. It was OK.

But of course, in HBO fashion, a sex scene was thrown in there for no reason (which was weird, and she pretty much raped him).

The Indigenous actress that plays the girlfriend of White boy cop is cute :ehh:

I'm not really rocking with the "supernatural" elements, though. Anyway, I'll see how this show develops 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
One of the books in the empty station was "Blood Meridian"

Interesting to notice, alot of supernatural occurrences in that book

Spirit Animals seems to be one of the themes, it's going to be interesting to see how the series goes. Nothing will top Season 1, but its not too fail to start comparing at this point. Open mind and all that stuff...