Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Superstar
Daps
Would love to see her scissoring in high town :shaq:

As for the show, I don't know what to think about it. They should've dropped the true detective name

I enjoyed it, but kind of felt the same way immediately afterwards.

The more I thought about it, and keeping the original primary focus on the detectives in mind, I started to really appreciate it. At first I felt a little off put by the need to include the spiral, but I do love air of mystique its building.

I feel like there’s the potential to take the sseries anywhere, from an 1800’s frontier town in the Pacific Northwest, to a modern city; shyt, even a space colony in the distant future.

As long as a good director is involved, they retain the grit, the hard boiled characters, the pain, and uncertainty I’ll be down to continue enjoying the journey every year. I just wished the pacing was slower, but I understand it’s only 6 episodes.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I feel like there’s the potential to take the series anywhere, from an 1800’s frontier town in the Pacific Northwest, to a modern city; shyt, even a space colony in the distant future.

This was originally the premise. Nic Pizzolatto said it around the time of season 1.

But it got lost somewhere along the way.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
I can’t help but notice how gay the first episode looks. Transgenders and butch dykes all over my screen . It’s jarring :hhh:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I enjoyed it, but kind of felt the same way immediately afterwards.

The more I thought about it, and keeping the original primary focus on the detectives in mind, I started to really appreciate it. At first I felt a little off put by the need to include the spiral, but I do love air of mystique its building.

I feel like there’s the potential to take the sseries anywhere, from an 1800’s frontier town in the Pacific Northwest, to a modern city; shyt, even a space colony in the distant future.

As long as a good director is involved, they retain the grit, the hard boiled characters, the pain, and uncertainty I’ll be down to continue enjoying the journey every year. I just wished the pacing was slower, but I understand it’s only 6 episodes.
Slow pacing is what got the series in trouble but i understand

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
I’m looking at all the projects Issa Lopez directed on IMDb and the highest one is a 7.2 out of ten, sesame street

DQ0qe2m.jpg

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Overall it was straight. I think season 1 is a pinnacle that will never be reached again.
This could be good. We will have to see. The CGI is :picard: though. I guess like my mans said earlier TLOU getting all the bread from Zaslav.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've seen like 5 different people comment on the CGI and the deer....

I dunno maybe I'm crazy but it looked fine to me. Do you cats have extensive experience around deer? I'm being serious. I'm kinda confused as to what looks bad about it. I was expecting PS2 quality reading the thread.

Fred.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I've seen like 5 different people comment on the CGI and the deer....

I dunno maybe I'm crazy but it looked fine to me. Do you cats have extensive experience around deer? I'm being serious. I'm kinda confused as to what looks bad about it. I was expecting PS2 quality reading the thread.

Fred.
No issues with the bear, but the opening sequence with the deer was pretty jarring. Looked like something out of those fan-edited, fake trailers that mash together some of the most bizarre scenes from other films/shows. Didn't ruin my overall watching experience though.