Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It's a perfect season of TV, with the flaws. The chemistry of the actor and the direction, and the writing, despite the hack that Pizalatto became is mostly incredible.

The finale plays so much better of the rewatch to me. It's not a letdown at all. In the moment, everyone got a little strung out on the vastness of the conspiracies and whole mythology me included. The finale is excellent. it's funny and heartfelt, and tense. Woody and Matthew as older men was perfect. They wrap up everything, even nod at the ones who got away.

Last edited:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
GDVyQaGXAAE7-Sk

@Gloxina @Bryan Danielson @Peter Popoff @obarth @beaniemac @AnonymityX1000 @MidniteJay @Bleed The Freak this sunday we on the case!

Max!
Ugh this is gonna freak me out but I’ll watch with y’all lol

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
I haven't listened to this yet, but the showrunner, writer, director Issa Lopez says season 1 is heavily influenced in making season 4. Seems that this season is going to be very dark with a touch of horror.

On the eve of the release of her season of True Detective, longtime Kingcast favorite Issa Lopez (Tigers Are Not Afraid) returns to chat with Wampler and Vespe about the Stephen King influences on her season of True Detective, why she had to be very upfront with nods to Carpenter's The Thing in her season, what miracle workers Jodie Foster and Kali Reis were, embracing sexuality in popular fiction, and even a little bit about her recent read of King's Holly and how it mirrors what she was going after in this upcoming True Detective season.

True Detective Season 4 debuts on HBO and Max January 14th and takes place in a small Alaskan town where weird shyt has a habit of going down, especially when the month-long night settles in. The chat about this upcoming season is very light on spoilers, so don't worry about diving in before you start watching the new season.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
season 2 was so fkin ass. last 4 episodes went completely to shyt.

my wife and I are watching S3 right now, not bad but there's a lot of bouncing back and forth thru the timeline

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Series 3 while not on level of 1 ,held its on during the first few episodes
( specifically the last few episodes could have been better ) but def wasn’t as trash as sun of y’all made it out to be

Still don’t wanna check out series 2 the way it was universally panned by fans and critics

Hopefully series 4 kan do enough to kontinue the legacy :manny::blessed:I’m readyv:ahh:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I haven't listened to this yet, but the showrunner, writer, director Issa Lopez says season 1 is heavily influenced in making season 4. Seems that this season is going to be very dark with a touch of horror.

Mfs never learn. She better chill with this shyt. If there is even a hint of a bad episode, let alone more than 1 (in a short season) they gon be on her top. Artists gotta stop drawing from this well to drum up interest in the newer product.