Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Not in the terms of how many would view it, not that make it unenjoyable, but that do stand out to me, more so on repeated viewings.

Kind of reminds me of sex skits on 90's albums. The director and writer are clearly induldging themselves and a lot of male fantasies in those scenes.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
"Deputy Velcoro.....this filth....hurt your woman" I can't already with Vaughn and it's just Ep. 1. Mf talkin' like The Kingpin :russ:
I can’t lie, I had a hard time separating Frank from the ridiculous characters Vaughn portrayed earlier in his career. He will forever be the goofy mothafukka that was jumping up and down on the diner table in ‘Swingers’, the same goofy who was “purchasing a motorboat” in ‘Wedding Crashers’. :mjlol:

Then I see him on True Detective. Oh shyt…he got a black suit on. Corny monologues that only his sub-conscious would approve of and think go hard in private. He BIG time now.

8be2dca00d5a2796_giphy-1.gif

:duck:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I can’t lie, I had a hard time separating Frank from the ridiculous characters Vaughn portrayed earlier in his career. He will forever be the goofy mothafukka that was jumping up and down on the diner table in ‘Swingers’, the same goofy who was “purchasing a motorboat” in ‘Wedding Crashers’. :mjlol:

Then I see him on True Detective. Oh shyt…he got a black suit on. Corny monologues that only his sub-conscious would approve of and think go hard in private. He BIG time now.

8be2dca00d5a2796_giphy-1.gif

:duck:

giphy.gif

Nicca! Fukk u been?? Droppin' in like shyt all normal like Batman been on a sabbatical & shyt.

But yeah, I just made it to the midway point. If they chop even half of his convoluted dialogue, he's actually a decent character :russ:

But hey, like he said...

giphy.gif

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Quotes from S1 that I wrote down last week:

What do you think the average IQ of this group is?

I see a lot of poverty, a propensity for obesity

Preciate a little hustle up on that (shout out to the poster in here who reminded me of that line, and I cracked up when he said it)

His delivery and physical acting was great too.

Gotta be tough having someone spouting insane shyt in your ear.....all day

one of the more hilarious shots in the whole series, and the way he eyed Rust was perfect

Now, the weird parts, that tie into the kind of masculine nonsense that critics sometimes pointed out:

The theme of dikks/penis/phallic imagery

I'm just a regular ass dude, with a big ass dikk

Then, the drawings his daughter did, with one part extremely noticable

Did you suck his dikk?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I've never rewatched a season of True Detective. Understandable for season 2 :pachaha:, but I loved 1 & 3. Imma run through them, finally, in time for the premiere of Night Country. There are just certain shows that impact you so hard :dame: that it's difficult to go back to them too soon. Then there are others that impact you so hard :dame: that you do regular rewatches. The Leftovers and True Detective Season 1 are the former. The Sopranos and The Wire are the latter

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I've never rewatched a season of True Detective. Understandable for season 2 :pachaha:, but I loved 1 & 3. Imma run through them, finally, in time for the premiere of Night Country. There are just certain shows that impact you so hard :dame: that it's difficult to go back to them too soon. Then there are others that impact you so hard :dame: that you do regular rewatches. The Leftovers and True Detective Season 1 are the former. The Sopranos and The Wire are the latter
Tried to rewatched 1 only got 5 or six episodes, didn't try any of the others. I made thru 3 alive so once was enough, never did finish two, back then I was pirating and dealing with other issues so I just punted. The Challenge, Spartacus, Justified and Game of Thrones only shows I finished during that era, other than whatever episode of House or Scrubs I'd missed.