Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Shiddddd they got me excited but I really don't like most reviews these days lol. I would figure that Jodie Foster would kill her role. I can't think of a time where Jodie Foster was ever bad in any role.

But the writing, you never know. The aesthetic of Alaska is easily the most eerie since Season 1.

HBO may have another one here....

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hope the reviews are true.

No doibt at minimum Jodie Foster kills her role

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I’m literally shaking reading these reviews

I'm shaking my head. The way multiple reviews have attempted to erase the first season or dismiss it as a novelty that didn't satisfy views is wild. It's been a decade and the same people with the same weird agendas keep trying to shyt on what is generally regarded as a classic season of television. I remember when it aired there were reviewers complaining about the lack of women in the show, or claiming it was racist, or whatever else. Just weirdo shyt and they're still at it lol.

I think this new season looks really good and look forward to watching it. I'm just tired of the history revision about the CLASSIC first season.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm shaking my head. The way multiple reviews have attempted to erase the first season or dismiss it as a novelty that didn't satisfy views is wild. It's been a decade and the same people with the same weird agendas keep trying to shyt on what is generally regarded as a classic season of television. I remember when it aired there were reviewers complaining about the lack of women in the show, or claiming it was racist, or whatever else. Just weirdo shyt and they're still at it lol.

I think this new season looks really good and look forward to watching it. I'm just tired of the history revision about the CLASSIC first season.
Bro what are you talking about every time I see people talk about season 1 it's in positive light what? you seeing ghost fam

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Bro what are you talking about every time I see people talk about season 1 it's in positive light what? you seeing ghost fam
I only remember people getting too caught up in their theories and the reddit of it all and being disappointed when it didn't go that direction. Kind of hoa the comic nerds in here hype up Ultron and Kang and her letdown

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The last episode was considered to be kind of a misstep, to me, and generally, in real time. Probably due to budget and flming, I bet they couldn't do more episodes, and had to wrap it up.

Yes, absolutely fans had lost it with the fan fiction and theories, and a universe that went way beyond one season of television, in a sense, nothing could have satisfied them, and 2014 was one of the first era's of social media and TV, watching in real time, and live tweeting, and memes, whatever, plus the whole marvel world, people wanted more than the show ever intended to deliver.

but the show led them down that path, to a degree, hinting and larger conspiracies and so on-- and they just went wild.

Weird thing with Pizalatto, is he does this one thing, and it is stunning. And then does absolutely nothing.

yes, the female characters aren't great, and yes some of the lines, and scenes, --almost exclusively as they relate to women--- are macho nerd nonsense, and some of the scenes are clearly the writer and director working out their issues with women --- but it's incredible art for any medium. A masterpiece.

Superstar
Daps

shyt I’m mad about people dismissing season 3. I loved it as much as season 1. I think people forgot the purpose of the show being about the detective and the case/setting being like additional characters.

I loved season 2 after re-watching but I can understand people’s dislike for it. It takes more effort to put everything together enough to take it all in.