Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Just started watching this. Season 1 was fire. 2 was trash to me. S3 is looking promising after the first ep

Superstar
Daps
crying-football-coach-crying-with-pride.gif

One more month! We almost there… we’re almost on the mountaintop! I have a constant battle of the GOAT most anticipated going on, in my mind, between TD season 4, my daughter, or GTA 6. I don’t know, we just gon have to see when they all come out

bdddaedb6520858f32b155e326c5c832.gif

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
That trailer looks promising and Jodie Foster gives me hope but I'm extremely skeptical after the last two trash seasons.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm in. I hope (and given what I've read, it seems likely) they get into the creepy, horror side of this series like season 1 did. The biggest mistake this series made, was season 1 being the intro to the show. I don't even mean quality-wise, but that as well. I mean the over all vibe being Lovecraft/Ligotti lite. They need to fully embrace that moving forward.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to kick start the fan theories.

Just read that the season revolves around scientists disappearing from the Tsalal Arctic Research Station.

:lupe:

Fred.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
1 remains one of the best single series of TV ever made. I doubt that can come close to being duplicated, the two powerhouse performances, back when those two seemed like they had something to prove. Excellent script. Commentary on masculinity, philosophy, marriage, a study in two different types of men, with two different worldview, while managing to be laugh out loud funny, way more consistently than the subject matter should allow. Cary Fukugnuaga's best work before he got weird in Hollywood. Full of tension, realism, and incredible directing, music. The setting. It was an impossible to duplicate moment.

2 was an embarrassment

I never watched 3

It basically should have been a one time show, because anything else will never come close. The S4 could be fire, but it won't be anything like S1.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
It's a really good character piece. It's a meh mystery and that's why most people rate it lower. Nothing has matched Season 1's character study and mystery that accompanied it.

Gift & curse of knockin' that 1st season outta the park like that lol.

But shyt, even Nas gave us It Was Written after Illmatic.

These mfs followed up wit I Am... and Nastradamus, respectfully.

3 was on the verge of something. They were almost there but didn't go the distance.

I'ma tamper my expectations this time around and just hope for something solid in it's own right maybe & maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.