Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: I'm in

I need to rewatch the series before this drops.

Yeah last season had me engaged in the beginning until I realized they weren't gonna stick the landing with a crazy finish.

I forget the episode but it hit me like ":francis: this won't be an instant classic"

Maybe on a rewatch I will see things I didn't catch at first.

Superstar
Daps
season 3 was good up until the ending. There was no pay off and no real mystery. It all felt pointless

After season 1 I always tried to keep in mind that the show’s premise was supposed to always be about the detectives first, and the location as an additional character. The first season just had the perfect balance of a great cast, great location, and a great case to solve. I have faith in this upcoming season. Wintertime Alaska, as a setting, has all kinds of room to get weird and uncomfortable. I also believe in Jodie as an actress.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nothin toppin season 1 but I loved season 3. I really dont remember anything about season 2. I'm sure this will be piff.
I recently rewatched season 3 and I think what made it so good initially was that it APPEARED as though there was more going on to the case than there actually was. So up until the very end it kept you invested and even threw out links to season 1.

Then it finally revealed that this had nothing to do with anything from season 1 and the case was actually just a crazy lady who kidnapped a little girl to be her fake daughter. Nothing deeper than that.

So knowing the actual story makes it hard to rewatch. It’s boring as shyt now. On the other hand I can watch season 1 a dozen times. That shyt was flawless