Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Breh i 100% agree. I’m starting to realize it’s a mix of 1) not liking the female leads 2) not liking the fact that women got the job done in the end 3) not liking that the show made attempts to call back to season 1……all of which I had no problem with
I like how you left out that every male, even the scientists were hapless dopes. It was like, damn she really hates men.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I like how you left out that every male, even the scientists were hapless dopes. It was like, damn she really hates men.
I’m going from the perspective of not understanding. I’m still trying to figure out what the beef is. You can add that to the 4th point

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
I’m going from the perspective of not understanding. I’m still trying to figure out what the beef is. You can add that to the 4th point
Add "slow as fukk" as a 5th point. If it wasn't for the intrigue of the Dyatlov Pass angle the whole thing would have been a dud.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Navarro was just an awful actress and dead weight that Danvers had to carry in every scene.

As I said earlier, the tone was all wrong for the season, if you want to do supernatural, do it, if not, stick with a more grounded antagonist. It would have been nice to see ancient native spirits causing chaos...but just Lady Team 6 saving the day, allegedly.
I mean that's Jodie Foster, fam. She was finna carry damn near anyone casted alongside her besides a Meryl Streep or actresses of that caliber. As far as the balancing of the supernatural vs. grounded, go back to the discussion during season 1. nikkas were tight that the inferred supernatural aspects only led to some inbred, lawn mowing, cac doing cac things. I do respect disliking using ambiguity as a crux as opposed to having an end in mind, though. But "Lady Seal Team 6"? Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey' geriatric, alcoholic asses saved the day in season one. What's the issue here, when guns were rarely busted and one of the major kills was done by a dude anyway?

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps

You can guarantee many of the same people here that hated this season will watch this with the SAME show runner they hated.

I’ll never understand that or people who stick around past episode 3 of something they don’t like. I get hoping something gets better but by episode 4 5 6 7 lol you should have been known you weren’t feeling it and dipped.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Navarro was just an awful actress and dead weight that Danvers had to carry in every scene.

As I said earlier, the tone was all wrong for the season, if you want to do supernatural, do it, if not, stick with a more grounded antagonist. It would have been nice to see ancient native spirits causing chaos...but just Lady Team 6 saving the day, allegedly.
My biggest push back point is the supernatural point. I felt like they could get away with the supernatural misdirection due to the setting of this season
7 days of darkness, cold weather, mental illness, trauma, and native folklore

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
A male is the one who figured out the Navarro/Danvers cover up, and also the one who saved Danvers' life :dahell:
Regardless, who gives a fukk?:dahell:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
the next season will be based in Detroit it will feature Claressa Shields and Janelle Monae teaming up to solve a series of murders. With a guest appearance by Benoit Blanc.

True Detective: Its So Cold in The D
I thought the city had one with low winter sun. Don’t know how they fukked that up with Mark strong and Lennie James. So if they ever did true detective based in detroit I apologize in advance for any shameless stanning :yeshrug:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Look at all the whack a moles poppin' their head up all of a sudden, being perfectly obtuse as if the people in here who had issues with this season didn't explain it over and over but yeah "must be a woman hater thing". Y'all niccas lazy as hell wit the takes. No wonder you "liked" it lol.

Go to Reddit. Go to Twitter. Go to Rotten Tomatoes audience section. There's a reason you're seeing mainly critics with the rave reviews and fine by them and good for y'all too tbh. I'm glad y'all had a good lil experience but quit tryna invalidate other niccas opinions just cuz it ain't the same as yalls :dead: