Official Tory Lanez / Megan Thee Stallion Trial Thread

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
We tend to think it's so fascinating and explosive, and fun, but hours of this is tedious, and not that fun.

I was in trials, and was never bored, but stuff like jury instructions, and a formal reading of the charges, is just painful. Takes forever.

But, the coverage, makes mundane things seem larger than life, I remember people speculating outrageously that Chapo Guzman would be acquitted, because the trial did reach absurd levels. but in the end, jurors weigh evidence.

The closing statements are some of the best moments to watch. I watched a prosecutor just cut into these defendants with such restrained ferocity, it was stunning. They had no chance. Convicted each time I attended. Alot of people only get the media side of it, if you never attended a real homicide trial, it's going to be hard to get what it's really like.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Also, the idea that I'm pulling for either party involved, is kind of fundamental to the dynamic that I see playing out on a micro level here.

The ideological purity tests of this side of that side, that's just not how I view most things. Were the roles reversed, I would be right here saying the same exact things. I just like watching the process play out. And my belief of someone's guilt is based on a rendering of the available evidence, and the knowledge of the system and how it works.

I think a major part of issues currently, esp. social media, is people don't have any foundation, just making wild statements, and they have no trust in systems, but also no knowledge. I understand how that happens.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
The funny shyt is seeing ppl on twitter go "The neutral witness said he saw Tory shooting wildly 5x!!! He guilty!"
Like.......how yall not adding the part about he said he saw Tory shooting in the air. And that was only after he took the gun away from Kelsey after she had already fired a few shots. :dahell:
Cause it doesn’t fit their narrative and they gonna have to admit they were wrong..

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
We tend to think it's so fascinating and explosive, and fun, but hours of this is tedious, and not that fun.

I was in trials, and was never bored, but stuff like jury instructions, and a formal reading of the charges, is just painful. Takes forever.

But, the coverage, makes mundane things seem larger than life, I remember people speculating outrageously that Chapo Guzman would be acquitted, because the trial did reach absurd levels. but in the end, jurors weigh evidence.

The closing statements are some of the best moments to watch. I watched a prosecutor just cut into these defendants with such restrained ferocity, it was stunning. They had no chance. Convicted each time I attended. Alot of people only get the media side of it, if you never attended a real homicide trial, it's going to be hard to get what it's really like.
Why are you talking as if you’re the only one who’s been to trials or understand this stuff? :mjlol: Get off your high horse

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Given wat we kno

He gets found not guilty on the first charge (assault w deadly weapon)
The 2nd charge gets dropped
He’s found guilty on the 3rd charge

My predictions
I don't think he'll get charged for shooting her but he'll get with a charge of some sort. I really do think he's fukking up not getting on the stand. There seemed to me to be some holes that him and his defense team could've taken advantage of. I would've got on the stand and painted a picture of Kelsey and Meg fighting and one of them pulling the gun out and shooting it and say that caused Meg's injuries. But with his background he'd risk his old cases being brought up and he'd still risk catching cases for shooting so I understand why they didn't.

Jefferson Jackson

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Wave Rider
I don't think he'll get charged for shooting her but he'll get with a charge of some sort. I really do think he's fukking up not getting on the stand. There seemed to me to be some holes that him and his defense team could've taken advantage of. I would've got on the stand and painted a picture of Kelsey and Meg fighting and one of them pulling the gun out and shooting it and say that caused Meg's injuries. But with his background he'd risk his old cases being brought up and he'd still risk catching cases for shooting so I understand why they didn't.

it a'int worth the risk, bro there's white folks/elderly/suburban ppl on that jury that aren't familiar with hip hop culture, the minute the prosecution starts showing clips of Tory saying "bytch this & ho that" along with all of his violent altercations/arrests that paints an absolutely TERRIBLE picture when coupled with these charges.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
it a'int worth the risk, bro there's white folks/elderly/suburban ppl on that jury that aren't familiar with hip hop culture, the minute the prosecution starts showing clips of Tory saying "bytch this & ho that" along with all of his violent altercations/arrests that paints an absolutely TERRIBLE picture when coupled with these charges.

This. Meg side is already focused on appealing to emotions, feelings and intellectual dishonesty over hard facts. They finna try assassinate his character and drag it to the mud if he testify. Gun tats, rap vids, lyrics, past issues, recent August shyt etc.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
not having the driver testify says it all about this shyt. Aint no way in hell the prosecution would not examine him after the shyt show the last couple days to strengthen their case. And aint no way Torys team would risk his freedom by not having him take the stand if this wasnt already in the bag. Tory bout to walk. I hope twitter lives long enough so we can see this absolute fukkery take place.