Official Top Gun: Maverick Thread

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Never been to 4dx, but the theater closest to me only has the first 2 rows available. Is the seating all the way to the screen like a traditional theater or is there some space? I don’t want to be looking up at the screen for 2 hours.
Every theater is different but I think you would be looking up a little. You would get the real snow up there though. I would get something in the middle because you need to see the entire screen for those flight scenes imo.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Glad I saw it in IMAX.

I like how they had Rooster hate mav for the Navy setbacks and not goose dying. That would have been the easy way to go, and would have been the worst move since his mom and the Navy told him mav wasn't reasonable. I also like how they didn't have Mav tell him the truth.

Leaving out a lot of the plot holes, this is probably the best remake and relaunch of an 80s movie in this new generation.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Just finished watching it in imax. This is a GOATer sequel. I put it in the same neighborhood as Terminator 2. They took all elements of the OG and made it even better. Great movie.

what's impressive it's 30+ years later...late ass sequels usually don't be this good.

GhostMan

All Star
Daps
I am a huge fan of the original so it probably would be unfair to compare. This was really good and very engaging though. The fighter pilot scenes and practices really were intense. I still think the first one is the best overall but the action scenes in this one are better. 8.5/10

The first one was good but this one is better in my opinion

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Damn this was good. I worked on Super Hornets when I was in the marines and had me liking this flick even more. The flying scenes were amazing. I‘m pretty sure the Navy didn’t let Tom go up in a hornet by himself but I wouldn’t be surprised if some of his scenes were filmed in a 2 seater and made it look like he was flying solo. Has he said if he actually flew a jet like he did in the last Mission Impossible?