Official Top Gun: Maverick Thread

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
If that’s your sound setup then I doubt you have a true 4K capable tv/projector.

I run full files off a plex cloud server or stream through a cube 3rd Gen. I’m about to upgrade that further to a madvr. I have an atr screen with UIW rs2 definitive technology speakers ghosted behind the screen, then micca MTM’s for surround and back channels and 6 micca ceiling channels for atmos. About to upgrade those as well.

I run separate crown amps for the main stage with emotiva for the processor and then I’m also upgrading the amp that runs the ceiling heights since it’s just a cheap Pyle 8000ch for now.

My projector is a Sony VPL-vw6000es
You should charge admission breh

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
If that’s your sound setup then I doubt you have a true 4K capable tv/projector.

I run full files off a plex cloud server or stream through a cube 3rd Gen. I’m about to upgrade that further to a madvr. I have an atr screen with UIW rs2 definitive technology speakers ghosted behind the screen, then micca MTM’s for surround and back channels and 6 micca ceiling channels for atmos. About to upgrade those as well.

I run separate crown amps for the main stage with emotiva for the processor and then I’m also upgrading the amp that runs the ceiling heights since it’s just a cheap Pyle 8000ch for now.

My projector is a Sony VPL-vw6000es
I know I don’t have the best quality cuz I know I need receiver and stand alone speakers and all that 7 channel stuff I did enough research i didn’t go that route cuz of stand my wife bought and I would need a a/c external piece to cool the receiver since it be on a shelf closed so I went this route as something better than nothing more or less wasn’t sure if the 4k player matter to a extent cuz I know some don’t play Dolby atmos
As far as tv goes I didn’t get a expensive one I know it does say Dolby atmos for some of the movies I watch like Maverick and shyt can get loud was just curious was it worth it getting the Panasonic player people rave about cuz price I don’t like unless it’s a big of enough difference
I do plan on upgrading tv to mini led from Sony tho
Don’t want Oled cuz of my kids

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I know I don’t have the best quality cuz I know I need receiver and stand alone speakers and all that 7 channel stuff I did enough research i didn’t go that route cuz of stand my wife bought and I would need a a/c external piece to cool the receiver since it be on a shelf closed so I went this route as something better than nothing more or less wasn’t sure if the 4k player matter to a extent cuz I know some don’t play Dolby atmos
As far as tv goes I didn’t get a expensive one I know it does say Dolby atmos for some of the movies I watch like Maverick and shyt can get loud was just curious was it worth it getting the Panasonic player people rave about cuz price I don’t like unless it’s a big of enough difference
I do plan on upgrading tv to mini led from Sony tho
Don’t want Oled cuz of my kids
If you plan on buying any UHD discs then yes, it’s worth the money. But your equipment isn’t going to take even half advantage of what UHD offers.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
If you plan on buying any UHD discs then yes, it’s worth the money. But your equipment isn’t going to take even half advantage of what UHD offers.
Ya that part I knew I do have uhd disc of ones I love until I get rid of the German entertainment center or do this in another room where I can get the receiver and stuff