Official Top Gun: Maverick Thread

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tom is legit probably the greatest action star of all time rivaled by only Jackie Chan and Arnold. I like the rock but he ain’t in that league
back in 2015 it looked like it would be a competition
the rock was headlining fast and furious, pretty much anything he touched would turn into 100s of millions of dollars at the box office
he even pushed jumanji to a billion

but Tom has made a great comeback and now the rock is kicked off fast and furious and is stuck with trash like red notice

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
the rock was headlining fast and furious, pretty much anything he touched would turn into 100s of millions of dollars at the box office

but Tom has made a great comeback and now the rock is kicked off fast and furious and is stuck with trash like red notice
thing about Tom is most of his movies are critically good as well as box office draws, same can't be same about Dwayne. Tom/Leo might have the best hollywood career if I had to take a pick

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Rock is a box office draw don't get me wrong, but he doesn't have that critical hit that Tom and Arnold have

Arnold has Predator and T2, Tom has Fallout and now Maverick

the Rock hasn't made a film on that level yet...not saying he couldn't he just hasn't yet

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side

97 percent on 162 reviews averaging 8.4/10

many saying this is the best blockbuster they seen in years and even the decade..... one of the greatest action films ever
Saw it tuesday…and it is. See it on the biggest screen possible with the best sound possible…get a popcorn and soda/beer and enjoy yourself.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Not a fan of og like that so obviously I'm biased. I was originally going to see "Everything" but I had the wrong time :flabbynsick: .

I will say this though. Once the action picked up it was dope. Def was fighting back tears at the end. Plus Lady Gaga looking like she's going to nominated for a Oscar best song in a motion pic. Tom did his thing as well. My main issues was these youngins. They should have spent way more time for us to get to know them. I had no emotional connection to except the obvious one. But other then that, they were so one dimensional. Movie wasn't bad but I expected it to be a little more fun. Again. I'm not the core audience for this. But overall this was good but not great

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
This is the best movie I've seen this year. It feels so natural and simple. Never seen the OG but they informed me well enough of those events that I didn't miss anything major.

Haven't sat through a movie that had so much tension. Comedy was effortless and always hit, but the stakes were never lost between comedic notes.

Excellent movie.