Official Top Gun: Maverick Thread

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

97 percent on 162 reviews averaging 8.4/10

many saying this is the best blockbuster they seen in years and even the decade..... one of the greatest action films ever

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

97 percent on 162 reviews averaging 8.4/10

many saying this is the best blockbuster they seen in years and even the decade..... one of the greatest action films ever
Of the 2020s there's no question about it, though that's not saying much.

Of the last 10 years I wouldn't put Maverick over Fury Road. But I'd easily put it as n°2.

Only way I could see someone not enjoying this movie is if they can't stand Tom Cruise. The film is a legit "movie star showcase" in every sense of the word so if you don't like the movie star, the action and cinematography wont be enough to win you over. I think most of us that have seen it either like or stan for Cruise so everything about this film clicks and give you an awesome ride.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Trying to get my girl to see this movie Thur after work. I'm falling into the hype and hope it lives up to expectations

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Just got out for the advanced screening
Brehs this shyt is was off the chain
The fight scenes in this shyt was insane
One scene u hear people say wtf then on movie they say wtf
It’s legit best movie for me I seen in years
Story was better than I expected way better and tied nicely and emotional
I still can’t get over the last act shyt was insane and i didn’t even know u can do shyt like that wth

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still can’t get over the last act shyt was insane and i didn’t even know u can do shyt like that wth
so pretty much

Tom Cruise da Gawd?

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
You asume well. The cinematography makes it all :whoo: too. There's some crazy shyt being filmed practicallly and if they did anything with special effects, it still comes off as real. It was impressive as fukk tbh.
Some Related spoilery stuff
Everyone is made to look very capable but of course they pail comparisson to the shyt Maverick pulls off.

The funniest part is that one of the most impressive maneuvers in the whole damn movie is done by one of the enemy pilots. Like, the other side had their own Maverick or something and he got a bigger shine than any other US Top Gun pilot :mjlol:

That maneuver they did was makes no damn sense beyond words had theater like :damn: out loud

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Are the Russian Mig fighters Jets real (CGI)? Or are they real life american jets with the actors pretending that they are Migs like that mess that happened in the 1st movie when they pretended that T-38 US trainers were Mig jets.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Are the Russian Mig fighters Jets real (CGI)? Or are they real life american jets with the actors pretending that they are Migs like that mess that happened in the 1st movie when they pretended that T-38 US trainers were Mig jets.
Was never meant to be real, Mikoyan(mig) uses odd numbers on all their aircraft. So the MIG 28 is a made up aircraft. There was no way they could get actual Migs for this. So in a way, they didn't completely mess it up.

Oh, and those weren't T38's, they were F-5 Tigers painted in black