Official Top Gun: Maverick Thread

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Im going to see this i RPX. Prolly be the only nikka in there. Dont give a FUKK. I LOVE top gun they better do right by my movie

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
would you need to see the original to enjoy this movie?

I'm reading that this movie is better than the original in every aspect
Yeah, I think they're going to assume the majority of the audience already knows who the characters are.

The original is basically a "sports movie" with Navy planes.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Just came back from the theater. Film premiere here in Chile this weekend :blessed:

Overall, I loved this movie. Got everything I expected and more. This is not a movie to overthink, it's a 2020s take on the 80's classic. There's cartoonish characters, cheesy scenes and dialogue and by god, we gotta make Tom Cruise look like a millón bucks... and it all works thanks to truly awesome cinematography, a great score and Cruise being a cotdamn movie star :wow:

I think it strikes a perfect balance of nostalgia and modern blockbuster.

Even if you don't like the romance plot, it doesn't overstay it's welcome and Jennifer Connelly is too damn perfect to not allow it :noah:

Secondary characters are straight out of the 80's :russ: just there to react to Maverick.

Can't believer some of the shots they got with these damn planes, Cruise really gonna die eventually for our entertainment brehs :wow:

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just came back from the theater. Film premiere here in Chile this weekend :blessed:

Overall, I loved this movie. Got everything I expected and more. This is not a movie to overthink, it's a 2020s take on the 80's classic. There's cartoonish characters, cheesy scenes and dialogue and by god, we gotta make Tom Cruise look like a millón bucks... and it all works thanks to truly awesome cinematography, a great score and Cruise being a cotdamn movie star :wow:

I think it strikes a perfect balance of nostalgia and modern blockbuster.

Even if you don't like the romance plot, it doesn't overstay it's welcome and Jennifer Connelly is too damn perfect to not allow it :noah:

Secondary characters are straight out of the 80's :russ: just there to react to Maverick.

Can't believer some of the shots they got with these damn planes, Cruise really gonna die eventually for our entertainment brehs :wow:
i assume it features a lot of Maverick
stunting on all his students when it comes to pilot skills?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
i assume it features a lot of Maverick
stunting on all his students when it comes to pilot skills?
You asume well. The cinematography makes it all :whoo: too. There's some crazy shyt being filmed practicallly and if they did anything with special effects, it still comes off as real. It was impressive as fukk tbh.
Some Related spoilery stuff
Everyone is made to look very capable but of course they pail comparisson to the shyt Maverick pulls off.

The funniest part is that one of the most impressive maneuvers in the whole damn movie is done by one of the enemy pilots. Like, the other side had their own Maverick or something and he got a bigger shine than any other US Top Gun pilot :mjlol:

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You asume well. The cinematography makes it all :whoo: too. There's some crazy shyt being filmed practicallly and if they did anything with special effects, it still comes off as real. It was impressive as fukk tbh.
Some Related spoilery stuff
Everyone is made to look very capable but of course they pail comparisson to the shyt Maverick pulls off.

The funniest part is that one of the most impressive maneuvers in the whole damn movie is done by one of the enemy pilots. Like, the other side had their own Maverick or something and he got a bigger shine than any other US Top Gun pilot :mjlol:
Tom cruise still the GOAT action star?